|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Claire's family stay in a hotel?
2. Who are the other social groups at school?
3. How do the girls get around?
4. How did the entire studio find out Abby's secret?
5. Why do Massie and Alicia want Claire to feel bad?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire help out Massie?
2. How do Massie and Claire's parents trick them when the girls ask if they can go to LA?
3. What mistake does Dylan make in the bathroom?
4. Why do the girls stop by their school?
5. Why are the girls excited about going to "The Daily Grind"?
6. What places do people go to in this section?
7. What is Claire's relationship to Cam?
8. How can the reader tell that Abby and Hadley are childish and badly behaved?
9. What is the jet like?
10. How can the reader tell that Massie is very wealthy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though the girls are not in school, they can still learn a lesson. Give 3 examples of lessons that the characters learned in the story. You can cite the same character more than once, if you wish.
Essay Topic 2
In a work of literature, characters can be said to be either dynamic, or they can be static or flat. "Static" or "flat" characters tend to be one-sided, and they do not change during the novel.
"Dynamic" characters are more fleshed-out, and they usually grow or change in some way throughout the novel. Often, a main character is dynamic, while minor characters tend to be more static or flat.
1. Give 2 examples of dynamic characters from the book. For each, write a paragraph explaining how you know that this character is dynamic.
2. Who are some characters who are flat or static? For each one that you list, mention their primary defining characteristic.
Essay Topic 3
Even though the girls do not attend school during the entire novel, there are 3 different schools that are featured prominently in the novel: Octavian Country Day School, Briarwood, and Lakeview Middle School (the fake school featured in the movie). Describe each of these schools and what happens there. What are the differences between them?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)