|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter V, what does the reader continue to wonder?
2. When Kidd finally decides to write again, what does he write?
3. What is the scorpions' home called?
4. Now that Kidd is a full scorpion, what is his relationship like with Lanya?
5. What dominates a lot of the scorpions conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is important in the scorpions dialogue?
2. What does Madame Brown think will help Kidd with his memory and psychological problems?
3. Why does Kamp feel like it's finally time to leave Bellona?
4. What is true about the scorpions and other people in Bellona who do nothing with their time?
5. As Chapter 5 opens, what is Kidd wondering?
6. Why is Kidd shocked that people want to know about his life?
7. Why is Edward probably frightened to leave Bellona?
8. Why does June try to go to her brother for help?
9. Although Kidd and Lanya seem to have known each other for a while, what side of her did he never see ?
10. Is Kidd jealous of Denny's time with Lanya?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bellona is described as a place for outcasts and misfits who do not wish to move forward with their lives or feel uninspired to do anything with themselves.
Why would the following characters "fit in" to Bellona:
- George Harrison
- Captain Kamp
Essay Topic 2
Compare Kidd to Denny. How are these two characters alike and different?
Why would Lanya possibly choose Denny over Kidd?
Does it have something to do with Kidd only seeing Lanya as an object or piece of property?
Essay Topic 3
Although it may seem as though it is not a theme, many characters are subjected to fear. Examine the following characters and analyze how they deal with their emotional, physical, and psychological fear throughout the book:
- Mrs. Richards
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)