|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does this chapter begin?
2. Why has Kidd decided to join the scorpions?
3. Who seems be be causing the riots that start in Bellona?
4. Where does Kidd go to look for Lanya?
5. At the end of this section, what does Denny finally decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who makes sure that Kidd's poems are saved amongst the chaos of the scorpions?
2. How has Lanya and Kidd's relationship changed?
3. Why is Edward probably frightened to leave Bellona?
4. Why does Lanya get fed up with Kidd and choose to leave?
5. Why does Kidd begin to doubt his own writing?
6. Why is it strange that Calkins does not come to the party?
7. When were most of Kidd's poems written?
8. Does Kidd realize what he is writing?
9. Why do Edward and Kidd both decide to join the scorpions?
10. Why are the scorpions moving again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bellona is described as a place for outcasts and misfits who do not wish to move forward with their lives or feel uninspired to do anything with themselves.
Why would the following characters "fit in" to Bellona:
- George Harrison
- Captain Kamp
Essay Topic 2
Describe the girl from the woods.
What does the girl from the woods and the beginning of the story symbolize to Kidd?
Furthermore, what does this symbolize as a story arc for several of Delany's books? (Extra Credit question).
Essay Topic 3
Tak is one of the only African American characters mentioned, outside of the black gangs.
Why do you think that none of Delany's main characters in the book are black?
Was this purposeful?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)