|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't Tak going to the party tonight?
(a) He does not like being in big crowds.
(b) He wants to save money.
(c) He is nervous about more fires happening.
(d) He is nervous.
2. What are most Bellonians, including the scorpions, completely lacking?
(a) A way to kill animals and eat meat.
(b) A purpose for life.
(c) A way to feel appreciated amongst their peers.
(d) A lifetime partner.
3. Does Kidd seem to sincerely care about Lanya?
(a) Yes, but he does not know how to tell her.
(b) No, he just wants to have sex with her.
(c) Yes, but he is doubtful about her loyalty.
(d) No, he uses her for amusement.
4. Who does she teach at the school?
(a) Kids that are seven to nine years old.
(b) College aged students.
5. How have the characters been unable to grow themselves throughout the book?
(a) There is something in Bellona which keeps people from aging.
(b) The characters have settled into their lives.
(c) They all want to stay in Bellona which offers no growth.
(d) They are all experiencing memory loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems be be causing the riots that start in Bellona?
2. How does Kidd feel about Lanya's refusal?
3. What have many of the characters discovered?
4. What do Nightmare and the other scorpions think has happened to the sky?
5. What does Kidd remember about the journal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is important in the scorpions dialogue?
2. As the book is drawing to a close, what does Kidd have trouble understanding?
3. As Chapter 5 opens, what is Kidd wondering?
4. Although Kidd and Lanya seem to have known each other for a while, what side of her did he never see ?
5. Why are the scorpions moving again?
6. Suddenly, what does Kidd have trouble remembering?
7. Why is this chapter difficult to understand?
8. When were most of Kidd's poems written?
9. Why is it strange that Calkins does not come to the party?
10. Why does June try to go to her brother for help?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)