|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the poems Kidd writes while he lives with the scorpions?
(a) They are ripped up by Calkins.
(b) Lanya tears them up.
(c) Lanya takes the poems and stores them for Kidd.
(d) They are stolen by Frank.
2. Why haven't any of the residents of Bellona tried to make contact with the outside world?
(a) They think others will come and ruin their town.
(b) They have been under siege.
(c) They lack the self purpose that would help them find a solution.
(d) They think the rest of the world has forgotten them.
3. Prior to now, what did Kidd consider Lanya to be?
(a) A good teacher.
(b) Unimportant to Kidd.
(c) An object.
(d) A person.
4. At the end of this section, what does Denny finally decide to do?
(a) Take Kidd to see Lanya.
(b) Seek out a more exclusive relationship with Lanya.
(c) Seek out a more exclusive relationship with Kidd.
(d) Break up with Kidd and Lanya.
5. What are most Bellonians, including the scorpions, completely lacking?
(a) A purpose for life.
(b) A way to feel appreciated amongst their peers.
(c) A lifetime partner.
(d) A way to kill animals and eat meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kamp think it is time for him to do?
2. Does anyone do anything about the vandalism?
3. What does Tak ask of Kidd that flatters Kidd?
4. Why has Kidd decided to join the scorpions?
5. What does Kidd remember about the journal?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Chapter 5 opens, what is Kidd wondering?
2. Why is it strange that Calkins does not come to the party?
3. Why does June try to go to her brother for help?
4. Why is Edward probably frightened to leave Bellona?
5. What is true about the scorpions and other people in Bellona who do nothing with their time?
6. Why is Kidd shocked that people want to know about his life?
7. As the book is drawing to a close, what does Kidd have trouble understanding?
8. All of the residents are wondering what is happening in the sky. How do they work to find a solution?
9. When were most of Kidd's poems written?
10. Why does Lanya get fed up with Kidd and choose to leave?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)