|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the poems Kidd writes while he lives with the scorpions?
(a) They are stolen by Frank.
(b) Lanya tears them up.
(c) Lanya takes the poems and stores them for Kidd.
(d) They are ripped up by Calkins.
2. Where does Kidd invite Madame Brown, Lanya, and Denny?
(a) To a party in honor of his book.
(b) To a party at the bar.
(c) To his new house.
(d) On a road trip in the local bus.
3. The constant sex, violence, and manipulations prove that the people of Bellona have _______.
(a) Little structure in their lives.
(b) Exciting lives.
(c) Meaningful lives.
(d) Good friends.
4. Later, at the bar, what is everyone discussing?
(a) Newboy's new poem.
(b) The flash of light they saw in the sky.
(c) Kidd's party.
(d) Tak's new relationship.
5. Who does Kidd wish would leave the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kidd learns about the memory lapse, how does he react?
2. Who never shows up at the party?
3. Who finds Kidd wandering and invites him to stay at his house?
4. What dominates a lot of the scorpions conversation?
5. To what does she let the children listen everyday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kidd begin to doubt his own writing?
2. Why does June try to go to her brother for help?
3. As the book is drawing to a close, what does Kidd have trouble understanding?
4. What does everyone's willingness to participate in group sexual acts say about the people in Bellona?
5. Why does Kamp feel like it's finally time to leave Bellona?
6. Although Kidd and Lanya seem to have known each other for a while, what side of her did he never see ?
7. Who starts many of the riots, and what do we learn about the scorpions because of this?
8. Why is this chapter difficult to understand?
9. When were most of Kidd's poems written?
10. Does George Harrison shed some light into Bobby's death?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)