|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Reverend Taylor's house, to whom does Kidd talk?
2. Why do the scorpions allow Kidd to tag along?
(a) Kidd promises not to tell on them.
(b) They like Kidd.
(c) They want to get Kidd to steal things.
(d) Because Pepper has told him where they would be.
3. What is the first line of the novel Dhalgren by Samuel R. Delany?
(a) Hall of mirrors.
(b) So howled out for the world to give him a name.
(c) The in-dark answered with wind.
(d) To wound the autumnal city.
4. Why do riots begin in Bellona?
(a) One black and one white person are killed.
(b) The food supply gets low.
(c) Because no one is taking care of the city.
(d) A woman is raped.
5. What does the woman Kidd met turn into before his eyes?
(a) A prism.
(b) An animal.
(c) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kidd think the reason for Bobby's death may have been?
2. Who does Kidd find in an apartment on the floor below the Richards' current apartment?
3. Who is Ernest Newboy?
4. What does Mrs. Richards refuse to do?
5. What do Lanya and Kidd discuss once Kidd returns to the commune?
Short Essay Questions
1. In this section, Kidd starts to lose time again, how does this affect him?
2. Why do the scorpions begin to trust Kidd?
3. In Chapter II, what else does Kidd realize about his past?
4. Why does Kidd expect to be given answers concerning his identity from the woman in the cave?
5. Why does Kidd agree to stay at the Richards' place until Mr. Richards gets home?
6. When the woman asks Kidd if he wants to change the world, what is Kidd's answer?
7. Why does Kidd feel used and angry at his new work situation?
8. Does the reader know what is very curious about Bellona?
9. What does Lanya believe in?
10. What surprises Kidd about the sample book copy?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)