|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Kidd is finished cleaning, what do the Richards give him?
(a) Some clothes.
(b) A bath.
(d) A place to sleep.
2. Why do riots begin in Bellona?
(a) One black and one white person are killed.
(b) Because no one is taking care of the city.
(c) A woman is raped.
(d) The food supply gets low.
3. How does the cut happen?
(a) With John's orchid.
(b) Eddy scrapes her leg with a knife.
(c) She is stabbed by Frank.
(d) She falls and cuts her leg while running from Tak.
4. What does Kidd take from the downstairs apartment?
(a) A poster of George Harrison.
(b) Some old CDs.
(c) Chairs he finds in the bedroom.
(d) Food he finds.
5. How does Lanya Colson try to help Kidd?
(a) She gives him food.
(b) She gives him a massage.
(c) She tries to help him remember his past.
(d) She gives him pills to make his head stop hurting.
Short Answer Questions
1. As KIdd runs away from the woman, who does he find next?
2. When Mr. Richards arrives home, who is still with Mrs. Richards?
3. What kind of people are the people of Bellona?
4. At the beginning of Chapter IV, where does Tak find Kidd?
5. How does Kidd and Denny's relationship begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards do everyday he "goes to work."
2. What event does Kidd hope changes Mrs Richards and forces her to see reality?
3. Why does Kidd feel used and angry at his new work situation?
4. What is odd about the people who stay in Bellona after the event?
5. When Kidd tries to discuss the riots with people at the bar, he realizes what?
6. What does Kidd remember and not remember about himself?
7. Why does Kidd expect to be given answers concerning his identity from the woman in the cave?
8. By whom is Kidd beaten up and why does this happen?
9. When Kidd first starts writing his poems, what does he think will happen?
10. How do the scorpions tempt Kidd?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)