|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Mr. Richards actually work?
(a) Yes, but he is no longer an engineer.
(b) He goes to a building were he used to work, but there is no other staff.
(c) No, he lies about where he goes during the day.
(d) Yes, he owns a whole company.
2. To whom does Lanya want to show Kidd's poems?
3. What does Kidd think the reason for Bobby's death may have been?
(a) Eddy told June to kill Bobby.
(b) Bobby gave June the poster of Harrison.
(c) Bobby tried to hurt June. She acted in self defense.
(d) Bobby was spying on the scorpions.
4. Does Kidd think he has any reason for getting on the bus that pulls up near the bar?
(a) Yes he wants to leave Bellona.
(b) Yes, to go see Madame Brown.
(c) No, he wanders onto the bus.
(d) No, he would rather stay at the bar.
5. Why did the Richards hire Kidd in the first place?
(a) They wanted to meet someone new in the neighborhood.
(b) He is needy.
(c) The managment company of the apartment building never cleaned out the new apartment.
(d) As a companion for Mrs. Richards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does Newboy have for Kidd?
2. What do Lanya and Kidd discuss once Kidd returns to the commune?
3. What secret does June beg Kidd to keep?
4. Has Kidd actually ever seriously thought about publishing his poems?
5. How much is Kidd supposed to be paid for cleaning the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the scorpions begin to trust Kidd?
2. What does Mr. Richards do everyday he "goes to work."
3. What is odd about June Richards?
4. The next day, why does Kidd take a job from Madame Brown?
5. When the woman asks Kidd if he wants to change the world, what is Kidd's answer?
6. When Kidd tries to discuss the riots with people at the bar, he realizes what?
7. What does Kidd remember and not remember about himself?
8. What does Kidd discover when he goes exploring throughout the Richards' apartment?
9. Why is Frank's introduction important in this part of the novel?
10. Why do Lanya and Kidd think June may have killed Bobby?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)