|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are people asking questions about Kidd?
(a) Kidd is seen as a celebrity in Bellona.
(b) He is very popular and fun to be around.
(c) Because he is the leader of the scorpions.
(d) Kidd is still an outsider.
2. How does this chapter begin?
(a) With lyrics to music.
(b) With a poem.
(c) With three lines of an essay.
(d) With edited versions of a journal.
3. How have the characters been unable to grow themselves throughout the book?
(a) There is something in Bellona which keeps people from aging.
(b) They are all experiencing memory loss.
(c) They all want to stay in Bellona which offers no growth.
(d) The characters have settled into their lives.
4. What prompts Kidd to want to write again?
(a) The scorpions inspire him to try.
(b) Lanya pushes him.
(c) Tak thinks he should try one more time.
(d) A discussion between him and Milly concerning a fight.
5. Why doesn't Lanya like the scorpions' house?
(a) There are no women there.
(b) It a messy house.
(c) She is scared of the building where they live.
(d) It is too crowded.
6. What dominates a lot of the scorpions conversation?
7. Who does Kidd wish would leave the party?
8. Why haven't any of the residents of Bellona tried to make contact with the outside world?
(a) They lack the self purpose that would help them find a solution.
(b) They think the rest of the world has forgotten them.
(c) They have been under siege.
(d) They think others will come and ruin their town.
9. How does Madame Brown offer to help Kidd?
(a) Hypnotizing him.
(b) Making him look good for Lanya.
(c) Finding him another job.
(d) By giving him a professional therapy session.
10. To what does she let the children listen everyday?
(a) A recording of her playing the harmonica.
(b) A television show from the 1950s.
(c) Her recorded voice.
(d) An old record she has.
11. At the end of the section, what place do Kidd and the rest of the scorpions vandalize?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A store.
(c) The bar.
(d) A bank.
12. Who does Kidd wish was at the party?
13. What are most Bellonians, including the scorpions, completely lacking?
(a) A purpose for life.
(b) A lifetime partner.
(c) A way to kill animals and eat meat.
(d) A way to feel appreciated amongst their peers.
14. Why is the moon like this place?
(a) You don't know anything about the two places even when you are there.
(b) The moon is cold and unforgiving.
(c) It is vacant of all contact to the outside world.
(d) Sometimes the moon's sky bursts into flames.
15. How does Kamp figure out the date?
(a) He has been keeping track in a notebook.
(b) He calls his mother to find out.
(c) He finds out on one of his trips to the rest of the US.
(d) He says the date coincides with the position of the planets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the poems Kidd writes while he lives with the scorpions?
2. Why is Denny's involvement in their relationship strange to Kidd now?
3. Why is Kidd feeling doubtful about his work?
4. Why does Kidd still question whether or not he wrote the poems?
5. Why can't everyone get more information concerning the flash of light and smoky grey sky?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)