|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kidd still question whether or not he wrote the poems?
(a) Kidd never liked writing.
(b) He thinks one of his alternate personalities wrote the poems.
(c) Many of the poems were written before he even began living with the scorpions.
(d) Because other people still keep bringing it up.
2. Why will there be hot coffee for everyone in Chapter V?
(a) Someone donates it to the scorpions.
(b) They steal coffee.
(c) The scorpions find a coffee warehouse.
(d) They find it by the bar.
3. What happens to the poems Kidd writes while he lives with the scorpions?
(a) They are stolen by Frank.
(b) Lanya tears them up.
(c) They are ripped up by Calkins.
(d) Lanya takes the poems and stores them for Kidd.
4. What does Kamp think it is time for him to do?
(a) Ask Lanya to marry him.
(b) Leave Bellona.
(c) Write his next book.
(d) Buy a house in Bellona.
5. What unfortunate event happens at the party?
(a) Someone is killed.
(b) Lanya has sex with someone else.
(c) A fight breaks out.
(d) A fire starts.
6. Kidd and Lanya's relationship has turned into what?
(a) A loving relationship.
(b) An extremely physical bond.
(c) An uncommunicative one.
(d) A threesome with Denny.
7. At the deserted bookstore, what is the only thing on the shelves?
(a) Kidd's book.
(b) Newboy' s poems.
(c) The daily newspaper.
(d) Nothing. No one has stocked the shelves.
8. Why is Denny's involvement in their relationship strange to Kidd now?
(a) Every time Kidd and Lanya have sex, Denny is there too.
(b) Denny is not as mature as Kidd.
(c) He cannot see Lanya without seeing Denny.
(d) Denny is now Lanya's boyfriend.
9. What would Lanya like to name her harmonica solo?
10. What dominates a lot of the scorpions conversation?
11. Does anyone do anything about the vandalism?
(a) Yes, an angry mob attacks.
(b) The police arrest the scorpions.
(c) The local newspaper writes an article about it.
(d) Kidd turns them in.
12. What new chaotic event has taken Bellona under siege?
(a) A gang has taken Kidd hostage.
(b) Another fire.
(c) Another girl has been raped.
(d) A sniper shooting.
13. Who does Kidd wish would leave the party?
14. Where does Kidd go to look for Lanya?
(a) The abandoned car lot.
(b) The store.
(c) The bar.
(d) The bus depot.
15. How have the characters been unable to grow themselves throughout the book?
(a) They all want to stay in Bellona which offers no growth.
(b) They are all experiencing memory loss.
(c) The characters have settled into their lives.
(d) There is something in Bellona which keeps people from aging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the scorpions' home called?
2. Who never shows up at the party?
3. Why does Lanya believe that Kidd wrote the poems?
4. What sort of experiments are done at Kamp's space program?
5. Does Kidd seem to sincerely care about Lanya?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)