|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kidd try to help out after the fires have been set?
(a) He throws Harrison into one of the fires.
(b) He looks around for people who got caught in the fire.
(c) He saves Lanya from a fire.
(d) He tries to put out all of the fires.
2. Which of the scorpions tends to cause a lot of trouble and fights?
3. Why does Denny have to describe the new place in which he, Kidd and all the scorpions are living to Kidd?
(a) Kidd wanders into the wrong house.
(b) Actually, Kidd remembers where he lives.
(c) Kidd can't remember being there.
(d) Kidd does not want to remember.
4. Why do the scorpions have to move?
(a) They want a bigger house.
(b) They get kicked out of the house.
(c) They no longer like their house.
(d) Their entire block burns down.
5. What did Lanya's school used to be?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A factory.
(c) A bank.
(d) A clothing store.
6. When Kidd is finally able to see Lanya, what do they discuss?
(a) Their inability to effectively communicate.
(b) Poetry and capital punishment.
(c) Ways to improve their relationship.
(d) Denny's oddness.
7. Who seems be be causing the riots that start in Bellona?
(a) Misguided individuals.
(b) Black gangs.
(c) Tak and his buddies.
(d) Latino gangs.
8. What does Kidd begin to think?
(a) He has stolen the poems from Frank.
(b) Frank is messing with him.
(c) Frank has stolen his notebook.
(d) He should try to practice writing everyday.
9. To what does she let the children listen everyday?
(a) Her recorded voice.
(b) A recording of her playing the harmonica.
(c) A television show from the 1950s.
(d) An old record she has.
10. While walking to Lanya's school, who do they see?
(a) Tak, running errands.
(b) The death, blind, blonde Mexican.
(c) Children fighting in the school yard.
(d) The red headed Irish man.
11. What does Kidd remember about the journal?
(a) He dropped it in the woods.
(b) It had a red cover.
(c) It is not truly his.
(d) Writing some passages but not others.
12. What does Kamp think it is time for him to do?
(a) Buy a house in Bellona.
(b) Write his next book.
(c) Leave Bellona.
(d) Ask Lanya to marry him.
13. Why does Kidd still question whether or not he wrote the poems?
(a) Because other people still keep bringing it up.
(b) Many of the poems were written before he even began living with the scorpions.
(c) He thinks one of his alternate personalities wrote the poems.
(d) Kidd never liked writing.
14. Does anyone do anything about the vandalism?
(a) The local newspaper writes an article about it.
(b) Kidd turns them in.
(c) The police arrest the scorpions.
(d) Yes, an angry mob attacks.
15. Who does Kidd wish was at the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will there be hot coffee for everyone in Chapter V?
2. The constant sex, violence, and manipulations prove that the people of Bellona have _______.
3. What does Kidd wonder as they arrive at Calkins' house?
4. In the sections of the chapter that are different from its primary make up, what is displayed?
5. What does Captain Kamp, a former member of the space program, think he saw in the sky?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)