|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does this chapter begin?
(a) With three lines of an essay.
(b) With a poem.
(c) With lyrics to music.
(d) With edited versions of a journal.
2. What dominates a lot of the scorpions conversation?
3. How have the characters been unable to grow themselves throughout the book?
(a) There is something in Bellona which keeps people from aging.
(b) They are all experiencing memory loss.
(c) They all want to stay in Bellona which offers no growth.
(d) The characters have settled into their lives.
4. At the end of this section, what does Denny finally decide to do?
(a) Break up with Kidd and Lanya.
(b) Seek out a more exclusive relationship with Lanya.
(c) Take Kidd to see Lanya.
(d) Seek out a more exclusive relationship with Kidd.
5. Why does Kidd still question whether or not he wrote the poems?
(a) He thinks one of his alternate personalities wrote the poems.
(b) Many of the poems were written before he even began living with the scorpions.
(c) Because other people still keep bringing it up.
(d) Kidd never liked writing.
6. What are most Bellonians, including the scorpions, completely lacking?
(a) A way to feel appreciated amongst their peers.
(b) A purpose for life.
(c) A lifetime partner.
(d) A way to kill animals and eat meat.
7. Why is the moon like this place?
(a) It is vacant of all contact to the outside world.
(b) You don't know anything about the two places even when you are there.
(c) The moon is cold and unforgiving.
(d) Sometimes the moon's sky bursts into flames.
8. On the way to the party, who does Kidd stop to pick up?
(a) Madame Brown and Lanya.
(b) Madame Brown.
9. By whom is one of the letters signed?
(b) Roger Calkins.
10. What does Kamp describe the moon being like?
(a) New York City.
(d) San Antonio.
11. What has Kidd done to fit in with the scorpions?
(a) Stolen from Lanya for them.
(b) Adopted their lifestyle.
(c) Raped women to show he is worthy of their group.
(d) Killed for them.
12. Kidd and Lanya's relationship has turned into what?
(a) A loving relationship.
(b) A threesome with Denny.
(c) An extremely physical bond.
(d) An uncommunicative one.
13. What do Nightmare and the other scorpions think has happened to the sky?
(a) It will storm for a couple of days.
(b) It is a greenish, purple color.
(c) It has been set on fire.
(d) It is falling.
14. How does Kamp figure out the date?
(a) He says the date coincides with the position of the planets.
(b) He finds out on one of his trips to the rest of the US.
(c) He has been keeping track in a notebook.
(d) He calls his mother to find out.
15. While walking to Lanya's school, who do they see?
(a) Children fighting in the school yard.
(b) Tak, running errands.
(c) The death, blind, blonde Mexican.
(d) The red headed Irish man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kidd wish would leave the party?
2. Who does she teach at the school?
3. Which of the scorpions tends to cause a lot of trouble and fights?
4. Who seems be be causing the riots that start in Bellona?
5. At the end of the section, what place do Kidd and the rest of the scorpions vandalize?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)