|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lanya Colson try to help Kidd?
(a) She tries to help him remember his past.
(b) She gives him food.
(c) She gives him a massage.
(d) She gives him pills to make his head stop hurting.
2. After the two make love, what does Kidd feel?
(a) Excited because the woman is beautiful.
(b) Tired because he knows he must travel more.
(c) Confusion, because he has lost something.
(d) Happy because it makes him forget about his problems.
3. What does Mrs. Richards refuse to face about Bellona?
(a) Her friends are no longer here.
(b) The unexplained events that have changed everything about the city.
(c) Her husband is becoming disconnected from their family.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
4. Why is Kidd attacked and beat up by "scorpions?"
(a) He steals food from them.
(b) He insults them.
(c) He is walking alone through a bad neighborhood.
(d) He threatens them.
5. Does Mr. Richards actually work?
(a) He goes to a building were he used to work, but there is no other staff.
(b) Yes, he owns a whole company.
(c) No, he lies about where he goes during the day.
(d) Yes, but he is no longer an engineer.
6. Who cuts Milly's leg at the park commune?
7. As what does Kidd describe himself to Newboy?
(a) A lover of fine art.
(b) A writer with a lot of experience.
(c) A person confused by the art.
(d) A couple day old poet.
8. What secret does June beg Kidd to keep?
(a) That she was raped.
(b) That she actually likes to date women instead of men.
(c) She is sneaking into the kitchen to eat food.
(d) June was at the bar last night and does not want her parents to know.
9. What kind of people are the people of Bellona?
(a) Do-it-yourself people.
(b) Helpful and kind.
(c) People who just let life drift by without actually living.
(d) People incapable of action.
10. Why does Kidd go back to the park commune?
(a) So he can be a part of a community.
(b) He wants more food.
(c) Everyone else is mean.
(d) He is attracted to Milly.
11. At the beginning of Chapter IV, where does Tak find Kidd?
(a) Running away from the scorpions.
(b) Making breakfast in the apartment complex.
(c) Outside a house, laying on the ground.
(d) Staggering outside the bar.
12. How does Lanya react to the news that Kidd has a job?
(a) Not interested.
13. Why won't Lanya tell Kidd where her new house is?
(a) She does not want him shacking up with her.
(b) She does not like his involvement with the scorpions.
(c) She thinks that Kidd will rape her.
(d) She does not want anyone to attack her.
14. What do Lanya and Kidd discuss once Kidd returns to the commune?
(a) That Kidd should get his own place.
(b) Where they think their relationship is going.
(c) Kidd lost time - he might have killed Bobby.
(d) That June might have killed Bobby.
15. Why did the Richards hire Kidd in the first place?
(a) As a companion for Mrs. Richards.
(b) He is needy.
(c) They wanted to meet someone new in the neighborhood.
(d) The managment company of the apartment building never cleaned out the new apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Richards afraid to leave her apartment, let alone Bellona?
2. When they arrive at Calkins' house, who is there to greet them?
3. What good news does Newboy have for Kidd?
4. What do the women whom Kidd meets in Chapter 1 give him?
5. About what do the women ask him questions?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)