|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cuts Milly's leg at the park commune?
2. When they arrive at Calkins' house, who is there to greet them?
3. Interestingly, who do many people think of as the only law enforcement in town?
(a) The scorpions.
(b) There is none.
(c) The black gangs.
4. Who is George Harrison?
(a) A local cult hero and possible rapist.
(b) A very good poet.
(c) A local business owner.
(d) A local thug.
5. Who does Kidd find to help him?
6. What does Kidd think the reason for Bobby's death may have been?
(a) Bobby tried to hurt June. She acted in self defense.
(b) Bobby gave June the poster of Harrison.
(c) Bobby was spying on the scorpions.
(d) Eddy told June to kill Bobby.
7. After the two make love, what does Kidd feel?
(a) Tired because he knows he must travel more.
(b) Excited because the woman is beautiful.
(c) Confusion, because he has lost something.
(d) Happy because it makes him forget about his problems.
8. As a child, what does Kidd remember being considered?
(a) Native American.
9. Why is Mrs. Richards afraid to leave her apartment, let alone Bellona?
(a) She is afraid of the air outside.
(b) She thinks she will be attacked by wild dogs.
(c) She is afraid of the danger outside the apartment.
(d) She thinks that there are gangs running rampant through the streets.
10. At Reverend Taylor's house, to whom does Kidd talk?
11. How does Lanya react to the news that Kidd has a job?
(d) Not interested.
12. What is Tak's profession?
(a) Civil rights activist.
(b) Shop owner.
(c) Business owner.
13. Why does Lanya say that she has stopped painting?
(a) She ran out of money to buy materials.
(b) She forgot how to paint.
(c) She hates everything she makes.
(d) She had a mental block while living in New York City.
14. How much money does Kidd end up getting from the Richards?
(a) $5 total.
(b) None. He gives back the $5.
15. What do the women whom Kidd meets in Chapter 1 give him?
(a) A gun.
(b) Some clothes.
(c) A prism with stakes.
(d) A bladed orchid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Has Kidd actually ever seriously thought about publishing his poems?
2. What is the name of the Bellona newspaper?
3. What is the reason that the Richards will not leave Bellona?
4. What does Kidd take from the downstairs apartment?
5. Who is Ernest Newboy?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)