|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Richards afraid to leave her apartment, let alone Bellona?
(a) She thinks she will be attacked by wild dogs.
(b) She is afraid of the danger outside the apartment.
(c) She is afraid of the air outside.
(d) She thinks that there are gangs running rampant through the streets.
2. What does Kidd think the reason for Bobby's death may have been?
(a) Eddy told June to kill Bobby.
(b) Bobby gave June the poster of Harrison.
(c) Bobby was spying on the scorpions.
(d) Bobby tried to hurt June. She acted in self defense.
3. How does Lanya Colson try to help Kidd?
(a) She gives him pills to make his head stop hurting.
(b) She gives him a massage.
(c) She gives him food.
(d) She tries to help him remember his past.
4. How does Mrs, Richards try to keep up appearances and thus become delusional?
(a) She cannot use the internet to understand what has happened.
(b) She refuses to read current news articles.
(c) She pretends she will entertain her husband's business associates.
(d) She acts as though all her old friends are still in the neighborhood.
5. What does this person give to Kidd?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A story.
(c) An article.
(d) A sample of his poetry book.
6. Why is Kidd upset while on the job?
(a) He has not gotten paid by the Richards.
(b) He sees Mrs. Richards having an affair.
(c) Mrs Richards has a psychotic break.
(d) He is insulted by the Richards.
7. What is interesting about the object that Kidd is given?
(a) It looks like a photograph.
(b) It is written on black paper with black ink.
(c) He's never seen anything like it.
(d) It is written on white paper with white ink.
8. What do Lanya and Kidd discuss once Kidd returns to the commune?
(a) Kidd lost time - he might have killed Bobby.
(b) That Kidd should get his own place.
(c) Where they think their relationship is going.
(d) That June might have killed Bobby.
9. Why does it seem that people come to Bellona?
(a) It is a place to take a break from life.
(b) To lose themselves in nothingness.
(c) There is no law and people can do what they want.
(d) The rents are cheap.
10. What secret does June beg Kidd to keep?
(a) She is sneaking into the kitchen to eat food.
(b) June was at the bar last night and does not want her parents to know.
(c) That she actually likes to date women instead of men.
(d) That she was raped.
11. After Kidd is finished cleaning, what do the Richards give him?
(a) A place to sleep.
(b) A bath.
(c) Some clothes.
12. Has Kidd actually ever seriously thought about publishing his poems?
(a) Yes, he has been trying to sell his ideas for a while.
(b) No, because he does not think anyone would like them.
(c) Yes, but under a different name.
(d) No, they are just his way to express himself.
13. Who does Kidd find in an apartment on the floor below the Richards' current apartment?
(a) Lanya and the park commune people.
(c) Madame Brown.
14. Why does Kidd go back to the park commune?
(a) He wants more food.
(b) So he can be a part of a community.
(c) Everyone else is mean.
(d) He is attracted to Milly.
15. Who does Kidd find to help him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Kidd end up getting from the Richards?
2. After the two make love, what does Kidd feel?
3. What does Mrs. Richards refuse to do?
4. If Kidd ever gets to write a book, what would he like to call his book?
5. What service does Bellona lack?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)