|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does June beg Kidd to keep?
(a) She is sneaking into the kitchen to eat food.
(b) That she actually likes to date women instead of men.
(c) That she was raped.
(d) June was at the bar last night and does not want her parents to know.
2. Has Kidd actually ever seriously thought about publishing his poems?
(a) Yes, he has been trying to sell his ideas for a while.
(b) No, they are just his way to express himself.
(c) Yes, but under a different name.
(d) No, because he does not think anyone would like them.
3. Interestingly, who do many people think of as the only law enforcement in town?
(b) The scorpions.
(c) The black gangs.
(d) There is none.
4. How much money does Kidd end up getting from the Richards?
(a) $5 total.
(c) None. He gives back the $5.
5. How does Lanya Colson try to help Kidd?
(a) She gives him pills to make his head stop hurting.
(b) She tries to help him remember his past.
(c) She gives him a massage.
(d) She gives him food.
6. Why does the woman think that Kidd must be older than 27?
(a) He says he was born in 1948.
(b) He looks older than 27.
(c) He looks like he must be 40.
(d) He thinks he was born in 1924.
7. Why does Mrs. Richards ask Kidd to stay with her until Mr. Richards comes home?
(a) She thinks Mr. Richards will beat her up.
(b) She thinks she might attack her husband.
(c) She does not want to face her husband alone.
(d) She is attracted to Kidd and likes having him around.
8. When Lanya arrives at the Reverend's house, what does she tell Kidd?
(a) She wants to move in with Kidd.
(b) She wants to become a teacher.
(c) She has found a house in which to live.
(d) She would like to go to the beach.
9. Whose address does Lanya give Kidd?
(a) Roger Calkins.
(c) George Harrison.
10. After Kidd is finished cleaning, what do the Richards give him?
(a) Some clothes.
(c) A bath.
(d) A place to sleep.
11. Who does Kidd help to deliver papers on a paper route?
(a) Roger Calkins.
(b) George Newboy.
(c) Joaquin Faust.
(d) George Harrison.
12. Why do the scorpions allow Kidd to tag along?
(a) Kidd promises not to tell on them.
(b) They like Kidd.
(c) They want to get Kidd to steal things.
(d) Because Pepper has told him where they would be.
13. What is the name of the Bellona newspaper?
(a) The Bellona Times.
(b) The Weekly Dish.
(c) Bellona Weekly News.
(d) The Bellona Weekly.
14. What do Lanya and Kidd discuss once Kidd returns to the commune?
(a) That June might have killed Bobby.
(b) Where they think their relationship is going.
(c) That Kidd should get his own place.
(d) Kidd lost time - he might have killed Bobby.
15. In the public bathroom, who does Kidd find?
(a) Pepper, a sick scorpion.
(b) Bunny, a small animal.
(c) Lanya angry with him.
(d) Eddy hiding from his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, what does Kidd remember being considered?
2. What company does Richards "work" for?
3. What is the reason that the Richards will not leave Bellona?
4. Why is Kidd attacked and beat up by "scorpions?"
5. How does Kidd and Denny's relationship begin?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)