|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI, pgs. 503-551.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lanya arrives, what does she wish to give back to Kidd?
(a) Love poems he wrote to her.
(b) His book of poems and writings.
(c) His orchid.
(d) His favorite book.
2. Why does Lanya become upset with the rest of the scorpions?
(a) They are mean to her and hurt her feelings.
(b) They take up too much of the Kidd's time.
(c) The scorpions break into a house and force the occupants out.
(d) She finds out they attacked her when she was younger.
3. Why is Kidd attacked and beat up by "scorpions?"
(a) He threatens them.
(b) He steals food from them.
(c) He is walking alone through a bad neighborhood.
(d) He insults them.
4. How does Kidd's relationship with the scorpions change?
(a) He starts a sexual relationship with one of their women.
(b) They appreciate his poetry.
(c) They promise not to beat him up any more.
(d) They take Kidd under their wing.
5. Did the Richards ever have any intention of paying Kidd?
(a) No, because they thought they could get him to work for nothing.
(b) Yes, but they lost their money in bad investments.
(c) Yes, but they are devastated by Bobby's death.
(d) No, because they have very little money.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the deserted bookstore, what is the only thing on the shelves?
2. Why haven't any of the residents of Bellona tried to make contact with the outside world?
3. At the beginning of Chapter IV, where does Tak find Kidd?
4. To what does she let the children listen everyday?
5. The constant sex, violence, and manipulations prove that the people of Bellona have _______.
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)