Chapter I, pgs. 1-54
• The book begins with a man and a woman in a cave. The man says he does not know his name or who he is.
• She seems as though the woman has been waiting for him for a long time. So, the man asks her if she knows him.
• The two sleep together and she runs off after. The man follows her to a lake where he sees prisms in the water.
• When he finds the woman, she begins to turn into a tree.
• The man walks into the town, Bellona.
• He meets several people such as Tak, Layna, and Milly who all live at a park commune.
• Tak gives the man the name, Kidd.
• Kidd tells them what he remembers about himself, which is not much.
Chapter II, pgs. 55-109
• Kidd remembers that at one time, he was considered a Native American.
This section contains 1,554 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)