|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Daphne say is responsible for the deaths of Coretta and Howard Green in Chapter 26?
(a) Benny Giacomo.
(b) Mr. Albright.
(c) Matthew Teran.
2. Who enters the barber shop and insults Lenny in Chapter 19?
3. Abe and Johnny are said to be from where in Chapter 20?
4. What is Frank Green’s nickname in the novel?
(a) Death fingers.
(c) Gun slinger.
(d) Wolf teeth.
5. What is the brand name on the cigarette stub that Easy shows to Junior in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. Easy describes Ricardo’s Pool Room in Chapter 18 as "peopled with jaundice-eyed bad men who smoked and drank heavily while they waited for” what?
2. What is the little Mexican boy eating when Easy finds him in Daphne’s apartment in Chapter 30?
3. How does Frank Green almost kill Easy in Chapter 21?
4. What is the name of the Chinese diner Daphne and Easy go to in Chapter 27?
5. What is the name of the bouncer that sits on the second floor at Vernie’s in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Easy do upon arriving at Vernie’s in Chapter 18? Who does Easy speak with?
2. What leads Easy to the office of Lion Investments in Chapter 17?
3. What information does Joppy reveal to Easy in Chapter 21?
4. What does Easy learn upon awakening in Chapter 28? What does his inner voice guide him to do?
5. What does Easy learn from the policemen in Chapter 22? What happens at the police station?
6. What Biblical allusion is illustrated in Chapter 25? What does it signify?
7. What information does Daphne reveal about Matthew Teran, Todd Carter, and Richard McGee in Chapter 26?
8. What does Easy choose to reveal and not reveal to Mouse in Chapter 22?
9. What conflict breaks out at the barber shop in Chapter 19? Who does Easy leave with?
10. Who does Easy call when he awakens in Chapter 16? Why?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)