|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What address does Easy tell Mr. Albright that Daphne is likely at with another man in Chapter 8?
(a) Jefferson and Nineteenth.
(b) Washington Boulevard and Forty-fifth.
(c) Skyler and Eighty-third.
(d) Central Avenue and Eighty-ninth Place.
2. Easy recalls in Chapter 14 that the first time his inner voice spoke to him was when he was trapped in a barn during the war where?
(a) In Changsha.
(b) In Naples.
(c) In Clervaux.
(d) In Normandy.
3. How much money did Mouse give to Easy for driving him to his stepfather’s to collect his inheritance?
4. What does Easy use to pick up a clue by the dead man in Chapter 13?
(a) His handkerchief.
(b) A dirty t-shirt.
(c) Plastic gloves.
(d) Leather gloves.
5. What is the name of Mouse’s stepfather whom he killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Easy’s former employer that he speaks with in Chapter 9?
2. How much money does Mr. Albright give to Easy as a retainer in Chapter 3?
3. Matthew Teran asks Easy if he knows whom in Chapter 11?
4. What boy yells at the teenage girl for talking to Easy in Chapter 8?
5. Daphne convinces Easy to drive her to which friend’s house in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Easy’s initial impressions of Matthew Teran in Chapter 11?
2. What aspect of Easy’s character is revealed through his interactions with Coretta in Chapter 6?
3. How is John’s Place described in Chapter 4? What does the white man here ask Easy to do?
4. How is Daphne Monet’s home described in Chapter 13? What is symbolic about Daphne’s interior design?
5. What are Easy Rawlins’s impressions of DeWitt Albright in Chapters 1 and 2?
6. From what narrative point of view is the story related? What is notable about this style?
7. How does Easy feel about going to the Santa Monica pier in Chapter 8? Whom does he first meet there?
8. How does Easy respond to Mouse’s murder in the flashback in Chapter 7?
9. Where does Easy go when he leaves the police station in Chapter 11? What interrupts his journey?
10. What does Easy learn about Navrochet’s murder in the flashback in Chapter 4?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)