|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Easy notes that Mouse’s letter received in Chapter 7 was postmarked when?
(a) 2 months earlier.
(b) 2 weeks earlier.
(c) 4 days earlier.
(d) 2 days earlier.
2. Mr. Albright asks for Easy’s help in locating whom in Chapter 3?
(a) Mr. Ling.
(b) Barbara Moskowitz.
(c) Daphne Monet.
(d) Mrs. Guitierra.
3. What does the voice in Easy’s head respond when he considers running like Odell suggested in Chapter 14?
(a) Better be dead than leave.
(b) Better be alive than dead.
(c) Worse be wounded than dead.
(d) Worse be dead than on the run.
4. Which of the guards at Mr. Albright’s office is described as possibly Chinese?
5. In what war did Easy Rawlins fight?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Easy recalls in Chapter 14 that the first time his inner voice spoke to him was when he was trapped in a barn during the war where?
2. How much money did Mouse take from his stepfather after killing him?
3. Where is Easy Rawlins from originally?
4. How much money does the driver of the car offer Easy to get in and speak with his passenger in Chapter 11?
5. The policemen who interrogate Easy in Chapter 10 ask where he was at five in the morning on what day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Easy deal with his encounter with the first security guard at Albright’s office in Chapter 3? Why?
2. What does the character of Mouse represent symbolically in Devil in a Blue Dress?
3. Who is the “door person” at John’s Place? What does Easy learn from this character in Chapter 4?
4. What does Easy (and the reader) learn from Junior Fornay in Chapter 4?
5. What do the police question Easy about in Chapter 10? How does Easy respond?
6. What are Easy Rawlins’s impressions of DeWitt Albright in Chapters 1 and 2?
7. How is the setting of Joppy’s Bar described in the opening of Chapter 1? What are the clientele like here?
8. What does Easy dream about in Chapter 12? What does his dream signify?
9. What do Easy’s actions in Chapter 15 indicate about his character growth?
10. What is the primary setting of Devil in a Blue Dress? How does the author depict this setting?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)