|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the policemen punches Easy in the gut and handcuffs him when he resists accompanying them to the police station in Chapter 10?
2. Easy learns that who has been murdered when he makes it to John’s Place in Chapter 11?
3. What object does Daphne take with her, saying it belongs to her friend, in Chapter 13?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A painting.
(d) A hat.
4. How much money does a white man offer to Easy to help him get into John’s Place in Chapter 4?
5. What kind of car does Easy find parked outside his house when he returns home in the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) A black Ford.
(b) A brown Lincoln.
(c) A pink Studebaker.
(d) A white Cadillac.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which narrative point of view is Devil in a Blue Dress related?
2. What is Dupree’s last name said to be in Chapter 10?
3. Easy informs Mr. Albright that Daphne is likely with a man named what, in Chapter 8?
4. When Easy returns home in Chapter 10, he notices what vehicle parked outside his house?
5. How much money does Mr. Albright give to Easy in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Easy take Daphne in Chapter 13? What do they find there?
2. What aspect of Easy’s character is revealed through his interactions with Coretta in Chapter 6?
3. What is the primary setting of Devil in a Blue Dress? How does the author depict this setting?
4. Where does Easy go when he leaves the police station in Chapter 11? What interrupts his journey?
5. How are the two policemen described that Easy encounters in Chapter 10?
6. How is John’s Place described in Chapter 4? What does the white man here ask Easy to do?
7. What does Easy learn about Navrochet’s murder in the flashback in Chapter 4?
8. What does Easy dream about in Chapter 12? What does his dream signify?
9. What are Easy’s initial impressions of Matthew Teran in Chapter 11?
10. What conflict takes place at the Santa Monica pier in Chapter 8?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)