|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Battle of the Bulge begin?
(a) June 7, 1943.
(b) May 29, 1944.
(c) December 16, 1944.
(d) November 2, 1943.
2. The woman who charges entrance to John’s Place tells Easy in Chapter 4 that which chauffeur was beaten to death outside the bar last week?
(a) Benny Giacomo.
(b) Howard Green.
(c) Matthew Teran.
(d) Junior Fornay.
3. What kind of home is Daphne said to live in, in Chapter 13?
(a) A duplex.
(b) A mansion.
(c) A houseboat.
(d) A trailer.
4. What object does Daphne take with her, saying it belongs to her friend, in Chapter 13?
(a) A painting.
(b) A hat.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A suitcase.
5. What is the name of the teenage girl that approaches Easy in Santa Monica in Chapter 8?
(a) Hattie Parsons.
(b) Barbara Moskowitz.
(c) Caroline Kozlowski.
(d) Rebecca Johnson.
6. What boy yells at the teenage girl for talking to Easy in Chapter 8?
7. How much money does the driver of the car offer Easy to get in and speak with his passenger in Chapter 11?
8. What is Coretta’s last name said to be in Chapter 10?
9. In Chapter 2, Easy feels nervous about getting involved with Albright, because the white man reminds him of whom?
10. What kind of vehicle pulls up beside Easy as he walks to John’s Place in the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) A black Cadillac.
(b) A white Jaguar.
(c) A red Ford.
(d) A green Mercedes.
11. Who reassures Easy in Chapter 2 that if he should get a bad feeling about Albright, he will help to fix the situation?
(b) Frank Green.
(d) Benny Giacomo.
12. Which of the two policemen that approach Easy in Chapter 10 is described as “my height and three times my girth”?
13. Easy notes that Mouse’s letter received in Chapter 7 was postmarked when?
(a) 2 days earlier.
(b) 2 months earlier.
(c) 2 weeks earlier.
(d) 4 days earlier.
14. Who is with Mr. Albright at Easy’s home when he arrives in Chapter 15?
(a) Jackson and Dupree.
(b) Darcel and Henry.
(c) Manny and Shariff.
(d) Reese and Lenny.
15. Easy drives Daphne to a small A-frame house above what neighborhood in Chapter 13?
(b) Angeles Crest.
(c) Agoura Hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Easy recalls in Chapter 14 that the first time his inner voice spoke to him during the war, it suggested that he kill a sniper with what?
2. In what neighborhood of Los Angeles does most of the action in Devil in a Blue Dress take place?
3. How is Daphne Monet’s dialect described in Chapter 12?
4. When Easy visits Mr. Albright’s office in Chapter 3, he is initially flustered by the security guard he first encounters because he is what?
5. Easy attempts to give money to Daphne for what in Chapter 13?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)