|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Easy recognizes Matthew Teran from where in Chapter 11?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A concert.
(d) A wanted poster.
2. Easy notes that Mouse’s letter received in Chapter 7 was postmarked when?
(a) 2 weeks earlier.
(b) 2 months earlier.
(c) 2 days earlier.
(d) 4 days earlier.
3. Easy attempts to give money to Daphne for what in Chapter 13?
(b) Cab fare.
4. When Easy visits Mr. Albright’s office in Chapter 3, he is initially flustered by the security guard he first encounters because he is what?
5. Easy drives Daphne to a small A-frame house above what neighborhood in Chapter 13?
(b) Angeles Crest.
(d) Agoura Hills.
6. DeWitt Albright is said to be a former lawyer from where?
7. How many rooms comprise Easy Rawlins’s house?
8. Which of the policemen punches Easy in the gut and handcuffs him when he resists accompanying them to the police station in Chapter 10?
9. Which of the guards at Mr. Albright’s office is described as dark-skinned, like an East Indian, in Chapter 3?
10. Easy learns that who has been murdered when he makes it to John’s Place in Chapter 11?
11. What color hair is Mr. Albright said to have in the novel?
(a) Strawberry blond.
(b) Steel grey.
(c) Midnight black.
(d) Chestnut brown.
12. Mr. Albright asks for Easy’s help in locating whom in Chapter 3?
(a) Barbara Moskowitz.
(b) Daphne Monet.
(c) Mr. Ling.
(d) Mrs. Guitierra.
13. Throughout his interactions with Mr. Albright, Easy’s inner voice tells him to do what in Chapter 15?
(a) Run away.
(b) Bide your time.
(c) Stay cool.
(d) Kill him.
14. Who gives Easy a ride home from John’s Place in Chapter 11?
(b) Junior Fornay.
(c) Odell Jones.
(d) Mr. Albright.
15. Where is Easy Rawlins from originally?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Houston, Texas.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman who charges entrance to John’s Place tells Easy in Chapter 4 that which chauffeur was beaten to death outside the bar last week?
2. When Easy took Mouse to ask his stepfather for his owed inheritance, who assists Mouse in holding up his stepfather?
3. Which of the two policemen that approach Easy in Chapter 10 is described as “my height and three times my girth”?
4. In what kind of car does Daphne leave after discovering her murdered friend in Chapter 13?
5. The boy that Matthew Teran keeps is described as being from where in Chapter 11?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)