|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the two policemen that approach Easy in Chapter 10 is described as “my height and three times my girth”?
2. What does the voice in Easy’s head respond when he considers running like Odell suggested in Chapter 14?
(a) Better be dead than leave.
(b) Better be alive than dead.
(c) Worse be wounded than dead.
(d) Worse be dead than on the run.
3. What dead creature does Easy notice in the interrogation room at the police station in Chapter 10?
(a) A cockroach.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A spider.
4. What kind of liquor does Mr. Albright keep a bottle of on his desk?
(b) Wild Turkey.
5. Mr. Albright asks for Easy’s help in locating a white woman who frequents what establishments in Easy’s L.A. neighborhood?
(a) Dog fights.
(b) Jazz clubs.
(c) Horse races.
6. What is Dupree’s last name said to be in Chapter 10?
7. Which of the guards at Mr. Albright’s office is described as possibly Chinese?
8. How much money does Mr. Albright give to Easy in Chapter 8?
9. What address does Easy tell Mr. Albright that Daphne is likely at with another man in Chapter 8?
(a) Jefferson and Nineteenth.
(b) Washington Boulevard and Forty-fifth.
(c) Skyler and Eighty-third.
(d) Central Avenue and Eighty-ninth Place.
10. How did Easy begin his career within the army?
(a) As a typist in the statistics unit.
(b) As a combat nurse.
(c) As a sharp shooter.
(d) As a radio operator.
11. Easy attempts to give money to Daphne for what in Chapter 13?
(d) Cab fare.
12. When Mr. Albright appears at the Santa Monica pier, he tells the teenage boys badgering Easy that he’ll do what to them?
(a) Cut off their fingers.
(b) Hang them from a tree.
(c) Shoot off their testicles.
(d) Run them over with his truck.
13. When asked where he was at 5 a.m. by the police in Chapter 10, Easy responds that he escorted which drunken friend home from a nightclub?
14. The boy that Matthew Teran keeps is described as being from where in Chapter 11?
15. Daphne convinces Easy to drive her to which friend’s house in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout his interactions with Mr. Albright, Easy’s inner voice tells him to do what in Chapter 15?
2. What does Easy use to pick up a clue by the dead man in Chapter 13?
3. Mouse informs Easy in his letter that he’s been kicked out by his wife for cheating with a woman named what in Chapter 7?
4. From which narrative point of view is Devil in a Blue Dress related?
5. What object does Daphne take with her, saying it belongs to her friend, in Chapter 13?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)