|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Mouse take from his stepfather after killing him?
2. The entrance to John’s Place is through the back wall of what establishment?
(a) A laundromat.
(b) A bowling alley.
(c) A car dealership.
(d) A small grocery store.
3. How did Easy begin his career within the army?
(a) As a combat nurse.
(b) As a sharp shooter.
(c) As a typist in the statistics unit.
(d) As a radio operator.
4. The boy that Matthew Teran keeps is described as being from where in Chapter 11?
5. Which of the policemen punches Easy in the gut and handcuffs him when he resists accompanying them to the police station in Chapter 10?
6. Which of the two policemen that approach Easy in Chapter 10 is described as “my height and three times my girth”?
7. What object does Daphne take with her, saying it belongs to her friend, in Chapter 13?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A hat.
(d) A painting.
8. How much money does Coretta make Easy promise to give her as a reward when he finds the white woman he’s searching for in Chapter 6?
9. How does Daphne’s accent change after the discovery of her murdered friend in Chapter 13?
(a) It becomes Russian.
(b) It becomes southern.
(c) It becomes Spanish.
(d) It becomes German.
10. How much money does the driver of the car offer Easy to get in and speak with his passenger in Chapter 11?
11. When Easy returns home in Chapter 10, he notices what vehicle parked outside his house?
(a) A black Ford.
(b) A white Lincoln.
(c) A green Jeep.
(d) A blue Mercedes.
12. Mr. Albright asks for Easy’s help in locating a white woman who frequents what establishments in Easy’s L.A. neighborhood?
(b) Dog fights.
(c) Horse races.
(d) Jazz clubs.
13. Easy is awakened by a call from Junior in Chapter 12, telling him that he recalled seeing Daphne Monet with whom the previous week?
(a) Frank Green.
(b) Mr. Albright.
(c) Huey Barnes.
(d) Matthew Teran.
14. Where does Easy read the letter he receives from Mouse in Chapter 7?
(a) In his closet.
(b) On the bus.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the bathroom.
15. What boy yells at the teenage girl for talking to Easy in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Easy took Mouse to ask his stepfather for his owed inheritance, who assists Mouse in holding up his stepfather?
2. What kind of vehicle pulls up beside Easy as he walks to John’s Place in the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. Mr. Albright asks for Easy’s help in locating whom in Chapter 3?
4. In what neighborhood of Los Angeles does most of the action in Devil in a Blue Dress take place?
5. Throughout his interactions with Mr. Albright, Easy’s inner voice tells him to do what in Chapter 15?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)