|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of home is Daphne said to live in, in Chapter 13?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A trailer.
(c) A houseboat.
(d) A duplex.
2. How much money did Mouse take from his stepfather after killing him?
3. Easy attempts to give money to Daphne for what in Chapter 13?
(c) Cab fare.
4. What dead creature does Easy notice in the interrogation room at the police station in Chapter 10?
(a) A cockroach.
(b) A spider.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A scorpion.
5. What boy yells at the teenage girl for talking to Easy in Chapter 8?
6. Junior and Easy discuss which mayoral candidate who suddenly dropped from the race in Chapter 4?
(a) Richard McGee.
(b) Huey Barnes.
(c) Benny Giacomo.
(d) Matthew Teran.
7. Most the customers at Joppy’s bar work in what profession?
(a) They are lawyers.
(b) They are news reporters.
(c) They are butchers.
(d) They are mill workers.
8. How is Daphne Monet’s dialect described in Chapter 12?
9. About how old is Daphne described as being in Chapter 13?
10. Easy recalls in Chapter 14 that the first time his inner voice spoke to him during the war, it suggested that he kill a sniper with what?
(a) His bayonet.
(b) His bare hands.
(c) A flame thrower.
(d) A grenade.
11. In what kind of car does Daphne leave after discovering her murdered friend in Chapter 13?
(a) A pink Studebaker.
(b) A black Ford.
(c) A white Cadillac.
(d) A black Lincoln.
12. What object does Daphne take with her, saying it belongs to her friend, in Chapter 13?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A hat.
(d) A painting.
13. How much money does Mr. Albright give to Easy in Chapter 15?
14. When asked where he was at 5 a.m. by the police in Chapter 10, Easy responds that he escorted which drunken friend home from a nightclub?
15. What has Mr. Albright made for himself to drink while waiting for Easy to arrive at home in Chapter 15?
(a) A whiskey sour.
(b) A pot of tea.
(c) A pot of coffee.
(d) A glass of lemonade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of liquor does Mr. Albright keep a bottle of on his desk?
2. Easy Rawlins expresses pride in owning what in the novel?
3. How much money does Mr. Albright give to Easy in Chapter 8?
4. Which of the guards at Mr. Albright’s office is described as possibly Chinese?
5. Mouse informs Easy in his letter that he’s been kicked out by his wife for cheating with a woman named what in Chapter 7?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)