|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the majority of the town react to Ed Gein's notoriety?
2. Rumors stated that Ed's accomplice was named which of the following?
3. In the conclusion, how many years have passed since Ed's sentencing to a mental facility?
4. What was the name of the police department that Vern Weber was from?
5. What was Ed's reaction to a preacher visiting him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did some of Ed's neighbors feel guilty?
2. What happened to the evidence from the Gein case?
3. Describe Ed's burial.
4. What were people most unwilling to accept about Ed?
5. What was Ed's reaction to having his petition for release refused?
6. How many murders was Ed associated with?
7. What did doctors find when Ed was tested physically and psychologically?
8. What was the fate of Ed's car?
9. According to a newspaper headline and the suspicions of many, why did Ed kill people?
10. What did Adeline Watkins tell the reporters about Ed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Ed's perception of his mother. Where did this perception come from? Is it an accurate one? How did this perception affect him later on in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Many people in Ed's town were willing to accept that he was a murderer, but not a grave robber. Why do you think this was so? Do you think people react in a similar way today?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Ed chose the victims that he did? How did his mother influence the decisions he made in which people to kill or which bodies to dig up? Why is this significant?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)