|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words does the shirt with Ed on it depict?
2. How many noses were found in Gein's home?
3. What did Ed have a tendency to do?
4. When Ed saw a young girl and her mother in the courtroom, what did he make a comment to her about?
5. What was the admission charge to enter Ed's home before the auction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter between the governor-elect and Ed Gein.
2. Describe Ed's burial.
3. Why were people angry that Ed was going to serve time in a mental hospital?
4. What happened to the evidence from the Gein case?
5. What was the fate of the Gein house?
6. Why did some of Ed's neighbors feel guilty?
7. What was the fate of Ed's car?
8. How long did it take for Ed to come to trial and why?
9. How did people try to make light of Ed Gein and the crimes he committed?
10. What were people most unwilling to accept about Ed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the major conflicts involved in Ed's case was whether or not the police should exhume the bodies of those Ed claimed to have dug up. What do you think should have been done in this situation?
Essay Topic 2
There were rumors that Ed killed his brother, Henry. What motivation might he have to kill his brother? Do you think he killed his brother?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the influence Ed's family had on him. When Ed claimed he had no positive feelings about his father, how did this influence him? How was Ed influenced by his brother's existence? What type of family dynamic did Ed seem to have in his home, and why is this significant?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)