|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the police department that Vern Weber was from?
2. What did Adeline Watkins tell reporters about Ed?
3. What genre of film did Gein inspire?
4. According to Weber, which of the following does not describe Ed?
5. How many graves where chosen to be exhumed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the county petition the governor to allow Ed's prosecution to end with Bernice's case?
2. Describe Ed's death.
3. What happened to the evidence from the Gein case?
4. According to a newspaper headline and the suspicions of many, why did Ed kill people?
5. Describe the argument of whether or not Ed should be moved or not.
6. What did Ed seem to blame for all of his troubles?
7. Why were people angry that Ed was going to serve time in a mental hospital?
8. What was the fate of the Gein house?
9. What judgment did a judge make about Ed during the trial?
10. Describe the petition that Ed filed for release in 1974.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Ed's perception of his mother. Where did this perception come from? Is it an accurate one? How did this perception affect him later on in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Ed murder people and dig graves? What influenced him to commit such crimes? Is he the only one to blame?
Essay Topic 3
Even though the book is non-fiction, how does the author create foreshadowing to encourage the reader to continue reading? Describe the literary devices utilized in doing so.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)