|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the admission charge to enter Ed's home before the auction?
2. In what year did Ed petition for release?
3. What was the first clue that Eleanor's body had been dug up?
4. How long did it seem Ed would spend in jail?
5. What was inside the casket that was supposed to hold Eleanor's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter between the governor-elect and Ed Gein.
2. What did Adeline Watkins tell the reporters about Ed?
3. Describe the argument of whether or not Ed should be moved or not.
4. What were the two major issues on the agenda of those involved in Ed Gein's legal proceedings?
5. What was the fate of Ed's car?
6. How many murders was Ed associated with?
7. What role did bribes play in the media attention surrounding Ed Gein?
8. What did doctors find when Ed was tested physically and psychologically?
9. What did Ed seem to blame for all of his troubles?
10. What judgment did a judge make about Ed during the trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Ed was insane? Refer to specific portions of the text to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Consider one day in Ed's life before he was caught. What types of things did he do, according to the reading? How does this compare to your routine, or the people you know? How does it differ? What do you think the author's point was in including an evening in Ed's life in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Ed's perception of his mother. Where did this perception come from? Is it an accurate one? How did this perception affect him later on in his life?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)