|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the second grave exhumed, what was lying on top of the coffin?
2. Where did Ed say he disposed of Mary Hogan's body?
3. According to a second doctor, access to which of the following would not be prudent for Ed?
4. Of the two major issues on the agenda of those involved in the legal proceedings, which was the first?
5. According to Weber, which of the following does not describe Ed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did doctors find when Ed was tested physically and psychologically?
2. Describe the argument of whether or not Ed should be moved or not.
3. Why did law officials find they had to be careful of planting ideas in Ed's head?
4. What influence did Ed have on fiction writers?
5. What reason did Ed give for digging up graves?
6. What were Weber's conclusions about Ed?
7. What happened to the evidence from the Gein case?
8. Describe Ed's death.
9. Why were people angry that Ed was going to serve time in a mental hospital?
10. What was the overall attitude of the Plainfield people at the tourism Ed Gein brought to the town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the major conflicts involved in Ed's case was whether or not the police should exhume the bodies of those Ed claimed to have dug up. What do you think should have been done in this situation?
Essay Topic 2
Why weren't the people in Ed's town able to see what was going on? Was it a matter of ignorance, naivety or just the unwillingness to accept what was right in front of them?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Ed was insane? Refer to specific portions of the text to support your opinion.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)