|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Georgia Weckler when she disappeared?
2. What does Ed showing the children his trophies represent?
3. How did the media respond to Ed Gein's murders?
4. Where did Ed find Eleanor?
5. Near which holiday did Ed's mother die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ed initially arraigned for and why?
2. How does Ed describe the other women who play a role in his life?
3. What did the town of Plainfield, WI become associated with as a result of Ed Gein?
4. Describe Augusta, Ed's mother.
5. What did Ed do to Mary Hogan's face and why?
6. Describe Ed's perception of his mother.
7. Describe Ed's father.
8. What early traits in his Ed's relationship with his mother are symptomatic of schizophrenia?
9. How did Ed describe himself killing Bernice?
10. What were Ed's feelings about Mary Hogan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The autopsy notes on one of the bodies Ed created attributed the death to "comic book violence." Why is this true or untrue? Is there a comparable and more modern scenario?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the mental tests that Ed underwent. What was the diagnosis? How can you see the diagnosis in the way Ed behaved?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Ed was insane? Refer to specific portions of the text to support your opinion.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)