|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main clue to the reader that Eleanor was dead?
2. What were Victor and Ray going to do when they disappeared?
3. Where had Georgia been dropped off when she went missing?
4. What was the name of teenager who went missing second before babysitting?
5. Why did Ed want to hurt Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ed's father.
2. What type of media coverage was typical of the Ed Gein case?
3. In Ed's small town, how might it be possible for him to have committed murders?
4. Describe the circumstances surrounding Bernice's death.
5. What early traits in his Ed's relationship with his mother are symptomatic of schizophrenia?
6. Describe Ed's perception of his mother.
7. Describe Augusta's death.
8. Why did Ed show Bob the preserved human heads?
9. How did Ed describe himself killing Bernice?
10. Describe the time in Ed's life in which he goes into full retreat from the world.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The autopsy notes on one of the bodies Ed created attributed the death to "comic book violence." Why is this true or untrue? Is there a comparable and more modern scenario?
Essay Topic 2
Ed Gein inspired fictional books and movies. Describe his influence in at least one part of modern society, such as a book or movie or even a type of law that we use today.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Ed's perception of his mother. Where did this perception come from? Is it an accurate one? How did this perception affect him later on in his life?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)