|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was missing from Bernice's body when it was found?
2. What did officers hope to find when they arrived at Ed's house?
3. What was Ed known around his neighborhood for?
4. Which of the following did Ed collect?
5. What is the main clue to the reader that Eleanor was dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the circumstances surrounding Bernice's death.
2. Describe Augusta, Ed's mother.
3. What vow did Augusta make for Ed?
4. Why did Ed show Bob the preserved human heads?
5. Describe Augusta's death.
6. How did neighbors generally view Ed?
7. Where was Bernice's body found and what were the circumstances surrounding it?
8. Describe the circumstances behind the disappearances of Victor and Ray.
9. What were Ed's feelings about Mary Hogan?
10. Describe the incident that Ed recalls about walking into a forbidden area of his parent's shop.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Ed's perception of his mother. Where did this perception come from? Is it an accurate one? How did this perception affect him later on in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Even though the book is non-fiction, how does the author create foreshadowing to encourage the reader to continue reading? Describe the literary devices utilized in doing so.
Essay Topic 3
Why weren't the people in Ed's town able to see what was going on? Was it a matter of ignorance, naivety or just the unwillingness to accept what was right in front of them?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)