|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Victor and Ray going to do when they disappeared?
2. About how many people lived in Ed's town?
3. Why did Ed think he could take his time with Eleanor?
4. What was the nickname that the note taker during Bernice's autopsy suggested for the killer?
5. What was the name of Ed's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Augusta, Ed's mother.
2. Where was Bernice's body found and what were the circumstances surrounding it?
3. What early traits in his Ed's relationship with his mother are symptomatic of schizophrenia?
4. In Ed's small town, how might it be possible for him to have committed murders?
5. How did Ed describe himself killing Bernice?
6. What did police expect to find in Augusta's room and what was actually found there?
7. How did neighbors generally view Ed?
8. What were Ed's feelings about Mary Hogan?
9. Why did Ed show Bob the preserved human heads?
10. Describe the circumstances behind the disappearances of Victor and Ray.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The autopsy notes on one of the bodies Ed created attributed the death to "comic book violence." Why is this true or untrue? Is there a comparable and more modern scenario?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Ed was insane? Refer to specific portions of the text to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Ed Gein inspired fictional books and movies. Describe his influence in at least one part of modern society, such as a book or movie or even a type of law that we use today.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)