|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Ed determined to be confined to the mental hospital?
(a) For the rest of his life.
(b) Until he was no longer a danger to himself and others.
(c) For 10 years.
(d) Until he could confess entirely to his crimes.
2. What was inside the casket that was supposed to hold Eleanor's body?
(a) Eleanor and a crowbar.
(b) A different dead woman.
(c) A dead animal.
3. According to Weber, which of the following does not describe Ed?
(a) In need of help.
4. Which of the following describes Ed's death?
(a) Covered up.
(b) Quiet and without uproar.
(c) Complete with enormous fanfare.
(d) Extravegent and expensive.
5. Who delayed the transfer of Ed to another state mental hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did it seem Ed would spend time serving?
2. Which of the following does Gein use as an excuse in the murders?
3. What did Ed's attorney suggest to him?
4. Which of the following were people more likely to accept about Ed?
5. Why did Weber eliminate Ed as a suspect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the fate of the Gein house?
2. What were the two major issues on the agenda of those involved in Ed Gein's legal proceedings?
3. Why did some of Ed's neighbors feel guilty?
4. Describe Ed's burial.
5. How long did it take for Ed to come to trial and why?
6. What judgment did a judge make about Ed during the trial?
7. How many murders was Ed associated with?
8. How did people try to make light of Ed Gein and the crimes he committed?
9. What did Adeline Watkins tell the reporters about Ed?
10. What role did bribes play in the media attention surrounding Ed Gein?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)