|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business did Ed's mother and father own?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Hardware store.
(c) Book store.
2. In what decade does Schechter describe Ed as being "in full retreat"?
3. What were Ed's bowls made out of?
(a) Human skulls.
(b) Animal bones.
(d) Human feet.
4. Why did Ed's mother want to have another child?
(a) To have a healthy baby.
(b) To fulfill a religious role.
(c) To have a daughter.
(d) To have more help around the house.
5. What is the main clue to the reader that Eleanor was dead?
(a) No brain activity.
(b) Lack of breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ed buy from Bernice's store the morning she died?
2. What was the nickname that the note taker during Bernice's autopsy suggested for the killer?
3. In terms of how his neighbors saw him, what was Ed like?
4. How old was Eleanor Adams?
5. What was used to cover a chair bottom in Ed's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the evidence existing when Mary Hogan went missing.
2. Describe Ed's perception of his mother.
3. In Ed's small town, how might it be possible for him to have committed murders?
4. What did police expect to find in Augusta's room and what was actually found there?
5. Describe the incident that Ed recalls about walking into a forbidden area of his parent's shop.
6. What vow did Augusta make for Ed?
7. How did neighbors generally view Ed?
8. Describe Augusta's death.
9. How did Ed become a suspect in Bernice's death?
10. Describe Ed's relationship with Bob Hill.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)