|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Ed's father?
2. What year does the book begin recounting?
3. What happened to the first man who gets into an argument with the mob?
(a) He escapes.
(b) He is hanged.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is hit with a blunt object.
4. What does Ed's mother fear that women will do to her sons?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Endanger them.
(c) Anger them.
(d) Contaminate them.
5. What did Ed intend to do with Bernice's head?
(a) Hang it like a trophy.
(b) Eat it.
(c) Use it as a practical item.
(d) Bury it.
6. According to rumor, how many murders does Ed have to his credit?
(d) Over 100.
7. What was the name of Ed's mother?
8. How did Ed feel about Mary?
(a) She should not be allowed to live.
(b) She should be judged by God.
(c) She is in the wrong place at the wrong time.
(d) She is a nice woman who met the wrong people.
9. Which of the following did Ed's mother consider to be a sin?
(a) Sex for any reason besides procreation.
(c) Butchering animals.
(d) Her son's existence.
10. What does Ed showing the children his trophies represent?
(a) His desire for a lover.
(b) His desire for his mother to be alive.
(c) His desire for his brother's companionship.
(d) His desire for friendship.
11. Which of the following was true of Ed's home?
(a) It had no electricity.
(b) It had no water.
(c) It was full of dead animals.
(d) It had not been entered in years.
12. Which of the following did Ed collect?
(a) Chewing gum.
(b) Toy cars.
13. When the police investigated the missing teenager's disappearance, what did they find at the house she was supposed to be at?
(a) Bloody fingerprints.
(b) Bloody clothing.
(c) Her body.
(d) A random letter.
14. How many rooms of his house did Ed actually use?
15. In what decade does Schechter describe Ed as being "in full retreat"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Ed do?
2. Which of the following rumors spread around about Ed's house?
3. What was the name of the police department involved in solving Bernice's case?
4. What was the name of teenager who went missing second before babysitting?
5. What type of business did Ed's mother and father own?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)