|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the jail Ed was taken to?
2. What was the last name of Mary, who owned a tavern?
3. In what year did Ed's brother die?
4. What was the name of teenager who went missing second before babysitting?
(a) Emily Harvey.
(b) Evelyn Harley.
(c) Elise Horton.
(d) Ellen Hartman.
5. How did Ed feel about Mary?
(a) She is a nice woman who met the wrong people.
(b) She should not be allowed to live.
(c) She is in the wrong place at the wrong time.
(d) She should be judged by God.
6. What year does the book begin recounting?
7. What is the name of the only woman who Ed felt treated him well?
8. When did Ed's father die?
9. What does Ed's mother vow?
(a) That Ed will never have a wife.
(b) That Ed will never go to school.
(c) That Ed will not be corrupted by the world.
(d) That Ed will never have friends.
10. Who immediately named Ed as a suspect in Bernice's disappearance?
(b) Bernice's son.
(c) Ed's cousin.
11. What does Ed showing the children his trophies represent?
(a) His desire for his mother to be alive.
(b) His desire for friendship.
(c) His desire for his brother's companionship.
(d) His desire for a lover.
12. What was Ed's perception of his mother?
(a) She was perfect.
(b) She was hurtful and spiteful.
(c) She was too religious.
(d) She was a tyrant.
13. Where did Ed find Eleanor?
(c) Grocery store.
(d) Her home.
14. The notes on Bernice's autopsy included concern that her death was prompted by which of the following?
(a) Disturbing talents.
(b) Ferocious anger.
(c) Comic book violence.
(d) Extreme depression and oppression.
15. Which of the following is the name Ed Gein not synonymous with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Near which holiday did Ed's mother die?
2. According to Schechter, what type of joke became popular in the 1950s?
3. On several occasions, where had Ed asked Bernice to go do with him?
4. Which of the following was true of Ed's home?
5. When he referenced places women could be found, what places was Ed talking about?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)