|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Helen Laski been spotted?
(c) Terre Haute.
2. What happens while Cindy is keeping the attention of the criminals?
(a) Ralphie slips down the side stairwell.
(b) Dan slips poison into the men's coffee.
(c) Eleanor calls the police on the upstairs extension.
(d) Chuck sneaks in the basement door.
3. Why does Hank become melancholy?
(a) Because he will never have a girl like Cindy or live in a nice house like the Hilliards'.
(b) Because he has no chance of ever getting out of prison alive if he is recaptured.
(c) Because his mother is very ill and Hank broke out to go see her.
(d) Because a pint of whiskey is barely enough to get high.
4. How much whiskey does Dan bring home?
(a) A half gallon.
(b) Two quarts.
(d) A pint.
5. How does Griffin get inside the Hilliard's home?
(a) He breaks the side door down.
(b) He pushes his way inside past Eleanor.
(c) He is invited inside by Eleanor.
(d) He breaks a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chuck want to do that Cindy does not allow?
2. Who calls on the phone?
3. How old is Cindy?
4. What does Griffin tell Cindy?
5. What does Griffin send Dan out to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Jesse Bard scared about the report Winston is reading the first morning at the sheriff's department?
2. Why doesn't Dan want Robish back in the house?
3. What does Griffin say that makes Hank angry?
4. Who shows up at the house that night?
5. What does Hank do when Cindy tries to move?
6. Why do the criminals refuse money from Dan?
7. What does Griffin do after Ralphie runs away? How does Dan respond?
8. What finally pushes Griffin over the edge?
9. While the convicts inside the house are arguing what does Chuck do?
10. What do the police know about Flick and what does Bard order?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)