|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ralphie?
(a) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's next door neighbor's son.
(b) The hit and run victim.
(c) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's grandson.
(d) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's son.
2. When Dan makes a threat about getting a gun and using it, what is Griffin's response?
(a) He smiles.
(b) He shoots Dan.
(c) He tells the other men to put a gag on Dan.
(d) He tells Dan he understands his concern.
3. What does Griffin send Dan out to do?
(a) To get some groceries.
(b) To take their terms to the police.
(c) To make a phone call on a pay phone.
(d) To get gas in the Hilliard car and to pick up some whiskey.
4. With what does Griffin gain Dan and Cindy's cooperation?
(a) By saying that he was unfairly charged.
(b) By saying he and the other men will rape and kill both women.
(c) The repeated statement that Eleanor will be killed if they do not cooperate.
(d) By tying up Ralphie.
5. Who do the police hope will lead them to the men for whom they are searching?
(a) Samuel's brother.
(b) Winston's psychic ability.
(c) A bloodhound.
(d) Glenn's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Helen Laski?
2. What do the criminals tell Eleanor and Cindy to do?
3. Who is Chuck?
4. How long does Griffin say he plans to stay at the house?
5. What do Dan and Cindy do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What raises tensions in the house?
2. What does Hank do when Cindy tries to move?
3. How does Dan react when the police pick up Cindy and Flick and what does he believe?
4. What is beginning to unnerve Hank?
5. How does the atmosphere at the Indianapolis sheriff's department appear at the beginning of the play and what changes that?
6. What happens to Griffin when he leaves the Hilliard house?
7. What does Carson tell Dan the police will do after Dan returns to his house?
8. What finally pushes Griffin over the edge?
9. How does Bard feel after he kills Griffin and how does Carson respond?
10. How does Dan feel and what does he say about Cindy?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)