|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hank become melancholy?
(a) Because he has no chance of ever getting out of prison alive if he is recaptured.
(b) Because his mother is very ill and Hank broke out to go see her.
(c) Because a pint of whiskey is barely enough to get high.
(d) Because he will never have a girl like Cindy or live in a nice house like the Hilliards'.
2. What is Dan's response to Ralphie's request.
(a) To not be foolish.
(b) That the t.v. is being watched by the criminals.
(c) That he can't call his friend right now.
(d) To play the game but not to be too loud.
3. Why is Bard fearful of the man mentioned in the wire report?
(a) The man has sworn revenge on Bard.
(b) The man is serial murderer.
(c) The man is Bard's psychopathic brother.
(d) The man once wounded Bard very badly.
4. What does Griffin send Dan out to do?
(a) To get gas in the Hilliard car and to pick up some whiskey.
(b) To get some groceries.
(c) To make a phone call on a pay phone.
(d) To take their terms to the police.
5. What do Dan and Cindy do?
(a) Get Hank's gun from him and push Hank outside.
(b) Throw hot coffee in Robish and Griffin's faces.
(c) Attack Griffin.
(d) Fire a weapon to alert the neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name causes Bard to feel terror?
2. What does Griffin tell Cindy?
3. What does Cindy's arrival at home cause?
4. About what does Deputy Winston read a wire report?
5. How much whiskey does Dan bring home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of classic theme is exhibited by the interpersonal dynamics in this play?
2. Why do the criminals refuse money from Dan?
3. What does Bard say about his encounter with Griffin in the past?
4. Who shows up at the house the next morning?
5. What does Griffin tell Helen when she calls?
6. Why is Dan Hilliard suspicious when he arrives home?
7. Who knocks at the door of the Hilliard's house and what does he do?
8. How does Dan feel and what does he say about Cindy?
9. What does Carson tell Bard about his behavior?
10. What does Hank tell Griffin and what does Griffin try to do?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)