|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Griffin get inside the Hilliard's home?
(a) He is invited inside by Eleanor.
(b) He pushes his way inside past Eleanor.
(c) He breaks the side door down.
(d) He breaks a window.
2. About what does Deputy Winston read a wire report?
(a) A jail break.
(b) A murder.
(c) A hit and run.
(d) A bank robbery.
3. Who does Griffin pretend to be to Eleanor?
(a) The meter reader.
(b) Dan's new mechanic.
(c) A farmer stopping for directions to a dairy farm.
(d) A linesman out to repair a transformer.
4. What is in place to apprehend the suspect(s)?
(a) Wide area helicoptor coverage.
(b) Beefed-up patrols.
(d) Hidden cameras.
5. What did Chuck do that night?
(a) Broke up with Cindy.
(b) Accepted a job in Los Angelos.
(c) Proposed marriage.
(d) Told Cindy he was terminally ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the situation in the wire report take place?
2. What infuriates Dan?
3. Who does Griffin beat for insolence?
4. What happens when Cindy goes inside her home?
5. What is the name of the deputy sheriff who is onstage at the opening of the first act?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Griffin order Eleanor and Cindy to do after everyone is home?
2. What does Dan do when he arrives back at his house?
3. What convinces Griffin to get ready to leave the house?
4. What do the police know about Flick and what does Bard order?
5. What does Griffin do after Ralphie runs away? How does Dan respond?
6. What does Griffin make clear to Cindy and Dan?
7. What does Griffin say that makes Hank angry?
8. Why and how does Chuck confront Griffin?
9. What happens to Griffin when he leaves the Hilliard house?
10. What does Ralphie do when he comes home?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)