|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cindy's arrival at home cause?
(a) Hank's melancholy to improve.
(b) The neighbor to come over.
(c) The dog to bark.
(d) More commotion in the house.
2. With what does Griffin threaten Cindy if she tries to escape?
(a) Kidnapping her brother.
(b) Killing her.
(c) Killing Eleanor.
(d) Killing her dog.
3. Who is Cindy?
(a) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's next door neighbor.
(b) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's daughter.
(c) Dan Hilliard's secretary.
(d) Eleanor Hilliard's best friend.
4. What happens while Cindy is keeping the attention of the criminals?
(a) Chuck sneaks in the basement door.
(b) Eleanor calls the police on the upstairs extension.
(c) Ralphie slips down the side stairwell.
(d) Dan slips poison into the men's coffee.
5. What is Dan's response to Ralphie's request.
(a) That the t.v. is being watched by the criminals.
(b) That he can't call his friend right now.
(c) To play the game but not to be too loud.
(d) To not be foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor do after the house is empty of others?
2. Who does Griffin beat for insolence?
3. With what does Griffin gain Dan and Cindy's cooperation?
4. Who taunts Cindy?
5. Who do the police hope will lead them to the men for whom they are searching?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Griffin order Eleanor and Cindy to do after everyone is home?
2. How does Bard feel after he kills Griffin and how does Carson respond?
3. What makes Jesse Bard scared about the report Winston is reading the first morning at the sheriff's department?
4. Why is Miss Swift upset about the Hilliard's house and what does Dan do about it?
5. How does Dan react when the police pick up Cindy and Flick and what does he believe?
6. What does Dan tell Eleanor to do after Robish is gone and what does Griffin do?
7. Why doesn't Dan want Robish back in the house?
8. What does Hank do when Cindy tries to move?
9. What raises tensions in the house?
10. While the convicts inside the house are arguing what does Chuck do?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)