|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor do after the house is empty of others?
(a) Walks down the street to the Catholic church for mass.
(b) Makes another pot of coffee.
(c) Calls her best friend for an early morning chat.
(d) Begins her housework.
2. What is Dan's response to Ralphie's request.
(a) That the t.v. is being watched by the criminals.
(b) To play the game but not to be too loud.
(c) To not be foolish.
(d) That he can't call his friend right now.
3. What happens when Cindy goes inside her home?
(a) The drunken Robish begins to make advances.
(b) Griffin asks her to come with them.
(c) Her brother runs up and hugs her.
(d) Her dad tells her to go upstairs.
4. When Dan makes a threat about getting a gun and using it, what is Griffin's response?
(a) He shoots Dan.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He tells Dan he understands his concern.
(d) He tells the other men to put a gag on Dan.
5. What is the name of the deputy sheriff who is onstage at the opening of the first act?
(a) Jack Jeels.
(b) Joseph Upstar.
(c) John Bastow.
(d) Jesse Bard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan tell Griffin the second Dan spies the loaded gun?
2. What does Ralphie want to do?
3. Who does Griffin beat for insolence?
4. About what does Deputy Winston read a wire report?
5. For whom does Carson work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Griffin do to Eleanor after she opens the door?
2. What does Dan convince the police to do?
3. Why is Dan Hilliard suspicious when he arrives home?
4. What does Hank tell Griffin and what does Griffin try to do?
5. What is happening at the home of Dan and Eleanor Hilliard with their oldest child at the opening of the play?
6. How does Dan feel and what does he say about Cindy?
7. What does Robish do when Chuck begins to come downstairs?
8. Why is Miss Swift upset about the Hilliard's house and what does Dan do about it?
9. What does Carson tell Dan the police will do after Dan returns to his house?
10. Why do the criminals refuse money from Dan?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)