|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taunts Cindy?
(c) No one; Griffin does not allow it.
2. Who does Griffin beat for insolence?
3. What is Chuck's occupation?
(b) Truck driver.
4. Why is Bard fearful of the man mentioned in the wire report?
(a) The man once wounded Bard very badly.
(b) The man has sworn revenge on Bard.
(c) The man is serial murderer.
(d) The man is Bard's psychopathic brother.
5. Who is Cindy?
(a) Dan Hilliard's secretary.
(b) Eleanor Hilliard's best friend.
(c) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's next door neighbor.
(d) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Griffin tell Cindy?
2. When Dan makes a threat about getting a gun and using it, what is Griffin's response?
3. What did Chuck do that night?
4. Who is Helen Laski?
5. What infuriates Dan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dan react when the police pick up Cindy and Flick and what does he believe?
2. Why is Dan Hilliard suspicious when he arrives home?
3. What does Griffin tell Helen when she calls?
4. Who knocks at the door of the Hilliard's house and what does he do?
5. While the convicts inside the house are arguing what does Chuck do?
6. Why is Miss Swift upset about the Hilliard's house and what does Dan do about it?
7. What does Dan do when he arrives back at his house?
8. What does Griffin do after Ralphie runs away? How does Dan respond?
9. What does Griffin tell Eleanor?
10. What does Robish taunt Griffin about?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)