|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the police hope will lead them to the men for whom they are searching?
(a) A bloodhound.
(b) Winston's psychic ability.
(c) Samuel's brother.
(d) Glenn's girlfriend.
2. What does Eleanor do after the house is empty of others?
(a) Makes another pot of coffee.
(b) Walks down the street to the Catholic church for mass.
(c) Calls her best friend for an early morning chat.
(d) Begins her housework.
3. Who does Griffin beat for insolence?
4. How does Griffin cheer up Hank?
(a) By saying there is more whiskey.
(b) By saying he can take Cindy with him when they leave.
(c) By saying he's never going back to prison.
(d) By saying he can visit his mother.
5. Where is Helen Laski?
(b) Terre Haute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose responsibility is the situation in the wire report?
2. What outrages Dan?
3. How does Griffin get inside the Hilliard's home?
4. What advice does Dan give Ralphie?
5. Who is Ralphie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the police department do about their information?
2. What does Carson tell Bard about his behavior?
3. How does Bard feel after he kills Griffin and how does Carson respond?
4. What is Eleanor doing with Dan?
5. What finally pushes Griffin over the edge?
6. What does Dan tell Ralphie and what does Ralphie and Griffin do after Eleanor and Chuck have left the house?
7. What do Carson and Bard do when after Robish is outside?
8. What is beginning to unnerve Hank?
9. Who shows up at the house that night?
10. Why do the criminals refuse money from Dan?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)