|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the police hope will lead them to the men for whom they are searching?
(a) Winston's psychic ability.
(b) Samuel's brother.
(c) Glenn's girlfriend.
(d) A bloodhound.
2. How does Griffin get inside the Hilliard's home?
(a) He breaks a window.
(b) He breaks the side door down.
(c) He pushes his way inside past Eleanor.
(d) He is invited inside by Eleanor.
3. Where has Helen Laski been spotted?
(b) Terre Haute.
4. Who does Griffin pretend to be to Eleanor?
(a) A linesman out to repair a transformer.
(b) The meter reader.
(c) A farmer stopping for directions to a dairy farm.
(d) Dan's new mechanic.
5. With what does Griffin threaten Cindy if she tries to escape?
(a) Killing her dog.
(b) Killing Eleanor.
(c) Killing her.
(d) Kidnapping her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Cindy is keeping the attention of the criminals?
2. Who is Cindy?
3. What does Chuck want to do that Cindy does not allow?
4. What do Dan and Cindy do?
5. Who is Samuel Robish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Griffin say that makes Hank angry?
2. Who knocks at the door of the Hilliard's house and what does he do?
3. Why is Dan Hilliard suspicious when he arrives home?
4. Who shows up at the house the next morning?
5. Why is Griffin upset about Robish and Hank?
6. What does Dan do after Robish opens the front door?
7. What is beginning to unnerve Hank?
8. What does Robish do when Chuck begins to come downstairs?
9. Why do the criminals refuse money from Dan?
10. What does Carson tell Bard about his behavior?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)