|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to attack Robish?
(c) The family dog.
2. What infuriates Dan?
(a) When Eleanor screams.
(b) When his son is handled roughly.
(c) When his daughter begins to cry.
(d) When the convicts laugh at Cindy's fear.
3. Who is Helen Laski?
(a) Glenn's girlfriend.
(b) Eleanor's best friend.
(c) Samuel's girlfriend.
(d) Eleanor's neighbor.
4. What name causes Bard to feel terror?
(a) Glenn Griffin.
(b) Pete Rogers.
(c) John Jakeres.
(d) Gerry Jones.
5. Why does Griffin leave the living room drapes open?
(a) To be able to see outside.
(b) To let in some light.
(c) Because the rod broke when he forced his way into the house.
(d) So things appear normal in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dan realize that something is wrong in his house?
2. Who does Griffin beat for insolence?
3. Who does Griffin pretend to be to Eleanor?
4. What is Dan's response to Ralphie's request.
5. What does Dan want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Griffin order Eleanor and Cindy to do after everyone is home?
2. What happens to Griffin when he leaves the Hilliard house?
3. What does Griffin do after Ralphie runs away? How does Dan respond?
4. What type of classic theme is exhibited by the interpersonal dynamics in this play?
5. What makes Jesse Bard scared about the report Winston is reading the first morning at the sheriff's department?
6. What does Hank do when Cindy tries to move?
7. How does Dan feel and what does he say about Cindy?
8. How does the atmosphere at the Indianapolis sheriff's department appear at the beginning of the play and what changes that?
9. What does Griffin order Cindy to do with some of Helen's money and why?
10. What does Dan tell Eleanor to do after Robish is gone and what does Griffin do?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)