|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Griffin send Dan out to do?
(a) To take their terms to the police.
(b) To get some groceries.
(c) To get gas in the Hilliard car and to pick up some whiskey.
(d) To make a phone call on a pay phone.
2. Who do the police hope will lead them to the men for whom they are searching?
(a) Samuel's brother.
(b) Winston's psychic ability.
(c) Glenn's girlfriend.
(d) A bloodhound.
3. What town is the setting for the play?
(a) San Francisco.
4. Who taunts Cindy?
(d) No one; Griffin does not allow it.
5. Why does Griffin leave the living room drapes open?
(a) So things appear normal in the house.
(b) To let in some light.
(c) Because the rod broke when he forced his way into the house.
(d) To be able to see outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What outrages Dan?
2. Who is the last one to arrive at the Hilliard home?
3. What name causes Bard to feel terror?
4. Why does Hank become melancholy?
5. Who is Samuel Robish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cindy doing when Dan and Eleanor are in their room?
2. What does Griffin make clear to Cindy and Dan?
3. What does Griffin tell Helen when she calls?
4. What is it about the man at the door that puzzles Eleanor?
5. What does Robish do when Chuck begins to come downstairs?
6. What is happening at the home of Dan and Eleanor Hilliard with their oldest child at the opening of the play?
7. What does Griffin order Cindy to do with some of Helen's money and why?
8. What does Ralphie do while everyone's attention is on Cindy?
9. What does Griffin want Dan and Cindy to do in the morning?
10. What does Griffin do to Eleanor after she opens the door?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)