|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Griffin threaten Cindy if she tries to escape?
(a) Killing her dog.
(b) Killing her.
(c) Killing Eleanor.
(d) Kidnapping her brother.
2. Where has Helen Laski been spotted?
(d) Terre Haute.
3. How old is Ralphie?
4. Who does Griffin pretend to be to Eleanor?
(a) A farmer stopping for directions to a dairy farm.
(b) The meter reader.
(c) A linesman out to repair a transformer.
(d) Dan's new mechanic.
5. Why is Bard fearful of the man mentioned in the wire report?
(a) The man once wounded Bard very badly.
(b) The man has sworn revenge on Bard.
(c) The man is serial murderer.
(d) The man is Bard's psychopathic brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Helen Laski?
2. Who is Samuel Robish?
3. About what does Deputy Winston read a wire report?
4. What does Griffin tell Cindy?
5. Who does Griffin beat for insolence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Griffin upset about Robish and Hank?
2. What does Hank do when Cindy tries to move?
3. Why is Miss Swift upset about the Hilliard's house and what does Dan do about it?
4. What does Bard tell Dan about Dan's feelings?
5. What gives the sheriff's office a clue about the convicts?
6. Why doesn't Dan want Robish back in the house?
7. What does Hank tell Griffin and what does Griffin try to do?
8. While the convicts inside the house are arguing what does Chuck do?
9. Who shows up at the house that night?
10. What finally pushes Griffin over the edge?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)