|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps the detectives retrace Mr. Patterson's steps earlier in the day?
(a) His cell phone records.
(b) The addresses on the checks.
(c) The gps on the dash.
(d) He had clay on his boots.
2. Besides peeking into the garage, what else does Mr. Patterson do?
(a) Takes note of the disarray in the house.
(b) Tries to get Dan to come outside to talk.
(c) Flattens the tires of the car in the garage.
(d) Tells Eleanor in code that help is coming.
3. What does Mr. Patterson do after peeking in the garage?
(a) Gets his gun out of the car.
(b) Makes a note.
(c) Calls the police on his cell phone.
(d) Pounds on the back door.
4. What about Hank frustrates and angers Griffin?
(a) That Hank always listens to country music and turns off other music.
(b) That Griffin cannot persuade him to stay one more day.
(c) That Hank looks up to Robish.
(d) That Hank wants to give himself up.
5. How might the detectives find the grey getaway car?
(a) By using a metal detector.
(b) By following the tire tracks near Mr. Patterson's truck.
(c) By finding who kills Mr. Patterson.
(d) They are not sure how to find the car.
6. Besides the license number of the getaway car, what else is in Mr. Patterson's car?
(a) A handgun.
(b) Three hundred dollars.
(c) Two empty whiskey bottles.
(d) Checks from his morning collections.
7. What else is about to cause Hank to snap?
(a) The police lookout across the street.
(b) The helicoptor zooming close to the house.
(c) Chuck's cruising up and down the street.
(d) The press standing down the street.
8. What dismays Ralphie's teacher?
(a) That Ralphie gets angry when his teacher points out that he is late.
(b) That Ralphie faints when his teacher asks him if he's alright.
(c) Ralphie's home's disorder and the liquor bottle on the sofa.
(d) That Ralphie refuses to write the sentence 100 times.
9. What has been seen cruising in the neighborhoods?
(a) Chuck's black Jaguar.
(b) Mr. Patterson' stolen truck.
(c) The grey getaway car.
(d) Helen's car.
10. Where are Dan and Cindy to go the next morning?
(a) To the bank to withdraw cash.
(b) Off to work as usual.
(c) To the fast food joint to buy breakfast.
11. Who calls Griffin?
(d) His mother.
12. Why does Dan put on an act when he arrives home?
(a) To confuse the criminals.
(b) So Ralphie will laugh.
(c) So Ralphie's teacher will leave.
(d) So his wife will understand their secret code.
13. What is the motive that the police determine for Mr. Patterson's murder?
(a) They can determine no motive.
(c) A cult ritual.
(d) He kills himself.
14. Why does Bard become embroiled with Griffin?
(a) Griffin rapes Bard's sister.
(b) Griffin held Bard hostage.
(c) Griffin shoots a police officer.
(d) Griffin wounds Bard.
15. What do the police share with Bard?
(a) Coffee and doughnuts.
(b) A bulletproof vest.
(c) Their riot equipment.
(d) An anonymous letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Dan promise to not do anything risky?
2. What is Ralphie doing?
3. What does Eleanor beg of Dan?
4. What is about to cause Hank to snap?
5. Who hit Griffin on the jaw?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)