|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is communicated in a letter received by the police?
(a) That a family will be harmed if any attempts are made to capture the escaped convicts.
(b) Ransome demands.
(c) An apology from Griffin for being in a no-win situation.
(d) A list of grievances about prison conditions.
2. What does Eleanor beg of Dan?
(a) To try to get the children out of the house.
(b) To talk to Griffin about keeping Cindy safe.
(c) To escape and go get the police.
(d) Not to do anything risky.
3. Who shows up at the door after Dan leaves?
(a) Mr. Patterson.
(b) An FBI agent.
(d) A door-to-door salesman.
4. Why does Dan not want Robish in the house?
(a) Because Robish has killed Mr. Patterson.
(b) Because Robish is uncontrollable when he's drunk.
(c) Because Robish smells badly.
(d) Because Robish is sadistic.
5. What do the police share with Bard?
(a) An anonymous letter.
(b) Coffee and doughnuts.
(c) Their riot equipment.
(d) A bulletproof vest.
6. How does Griffin view Dan?
(a) He likens Dan to his own father with his domineering ways and strict rules.
(b) As a menace to Griffin's plans.
(c) As a mean gangster type.
(d) As a wimp.
7. Where are Dan and Cindy to go the next morning?
(a) To the bank to withdraw cash.
(b) Off to work as usual.
(d) To the fast food joint to buy breakfast.
8. What is on Griffin's face as he exits his hideout?
(a) An evil grin.
(b) A beard.
(c) A ski mask.
(d) A temporary tattoo.
9. What does Dan believe will happen if Robish is allowed back into the house?
(a) It makes the Hilliards accessories to murder.
(b) He will burn the house down.
(d) Ralphie will try to attack Robish again.
10. Why does Bard wish he had killed Griffin?
(a) Because Bard wished to be a hero.
(b) So Griffin couldn't be coming after Bard now to kill him.
(c) Because Griffin later kills a good friend of Bard's.
(d) Because Bard does not like Griffin.
11. Where is Mr. Patterson's dead body found?
(a) In his trunk.
(b) In a wooded area.
(c) In the river.
(d) In his recliner at his home.
12. What does Ralphie's teacher notice?
(a) That Ralphie does not talk in class at all which is unusual.
(b) That Ralphie's hand writing that day is very shaky.
(c) That Ralphie came in late to class that day.
(d) Ralphie's absence from class.
13. About what is Bard incensed?
(a) That the local cops do not include him in their briefings.
(b) That the local police seem to have adopted a wait-and-see attitude.
(c) That the doughnuts are awful.
(d) That whoever wrote the note is willing to take on these criminals himself.
14. Why do the criminals let Dan and Cindy go to work as usual?
(a) So they can earn enough to give the criminals more getaway money.
(b) Dan and Cindy sneak out against the criminals will.
(c) Because Dan and Cindy assure the criminals they will not talk.
(d) To allay suspician.
15. Who jumps on the back of Mr. Patterson's truck?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person want?
2. What is Ralphie doing?
3. What does Bard order?
4. Who calls Griffin?
5. What is the motive that the police determine for Mr. Patterson's murder?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)