|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Hank to become angry?
(a) The delay in the money arriving.
(b) That Griffin is acting like Cindy belongs to him.
(c) That there is no more alcohol in the house.
(d) The poorly-cooked dinner.
2. What does Ralphie's teacher do about Ralphie?
(a) Goes to visit the Hilliard's home.
(b) Asks him if he feels alright.
(c) Has him write 100 times "I must write with better penmanship."
(d) Reprimands him for being tardy.
3. Why does Bard become embroiled with Griffin?
(a) Griffin held Bard hostage.
(b) Griffin shoots a police officer.
(c) Griffin wounds Bard.
(d) Griffin rapes Bard's sister.
4. What is Ralphie's teacher's name?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Miss Turtle.
(c) Mrs. Swift.
(d) Mrs. Sooner.
5. Where are Dan and Cindy to go the next morning?
(a) To the fast food joint to buy breakfast.
(b) Off to work as usual.
(d) To the bank to withdraw cash.
6. What about Hank frustrates and angers Griffin?
(a) That Hank looks up to Robish.
(b) That Griffin cannot persuade him to stay one more day.
(c) That Hank wants to give himself up.
(d) That Hank always listens to country music and turns off other music.
7. How does Dan act when he arrives home?
8. With what does Hank not want to be stuck?
(a) A murder rap because of Robish killing Mr. Patterson.
(b) The gun that only shoots one bullet at a time.
(c) The grey getaway car which is hot.
(d) The burned leftovers from lunch.
9. What does Bard order?
(a) Four more FBI agents to the scene.
(b) An end to police patrols.
(c) Helicoptor an swat team support.
(d) A long-range sniper rifle.
10. What does Dan believe will happen if Robish is allowed back into the house?
(a) Ralphie will try to attack Robish again.
(b) He will burn the house down.
(c) It makes the Hilliards accessories to murder.
11. How might the detectives find the grey getaway car?
(a) By using a metal detector.
(b) By finding who kills Mr. Patterson.
(c) They are not sure how to find the car.
(d) By following the tire tracks near Mr. Patterson's truck.
12. About what is Bard incensed?
(a) That the local cops do not include him in their briefings.
(b) That the local police seem to have adopted a wait-and-see attitude.
(c) That the doughnuts are awful.
(d) That whoever wrote the note is willing to take on these criminals himself.
13. Where does Griffin tell the caller to send the money?
(a) To Mexico.
(b) A specified address.
(c) General delivery in Pittsburgh.
(d) No where, the caller is supposed to meet Griffin with the money.
14. What does Ralphie's teacher notice?
(a) That Ralphie's hand writing that day is very shaky.
(b) That Ralphie came in late to class that day.
(c) That Ralphie does not talk in class at all which is unusual.
(d) Ralphie's absence from class.
15. How does Griffin exit his hideout?
(a) With his hands behind his back.
(b) With his one hand inside his jacket.
(c) With his hands on his hips.
(d) With his hands in the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police find in the woods?
2. Besides peeking into the garage, what else does Mr. Patterson do?
3. Why do tensions begin to flare?
4. What does Mr. Patterson do after peeking in the garage?
5. Why does Dan put on an act when he arrives home?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)