|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Hank not want to be stuck?
(a) The grey getaway car which is hot.
(b) A murder rap because of Robish killing Mr. Patterson.
(c) The burned leftovers from lunch.
(d) The gun that only shoots one bullet at a time.
2. What is in Mr. Patterson's truck?
(a) A wallet full of his cash, credit cards and driver's license.
(b) Two thousand dollars he was taking to the convicts.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) A piece of paper with the tag number of the getaway car.
3. When will the money be available?
(a) It's not coming.
(b) In the morning.
(c) A couple hours.
(d) A week or so.
4. What does Eleanor beg of Dan?
(a) To try to get the children out of the house.
(b) To escape and go get the police.
(c) To talk to Griffin about keeping Cindy safe.
(d) Not to do anything risky.
5. About what is Bard incensed?
(a) That the local cops do not include him in their briefings.
(b) That the local police seem to have adopted a wait-and-see attitude.
(c) That the doughnuts are awful.
(d) That whoever wrote the note is willing to take on these criminals himself.
6. How does Griffin exit his hideout?
(a) With his hands in the air.
(b) With his hands behind his back.
(c) With his one hand inside his jacket.
(d) With his hands on his hips.
7. What dismays Ralphie's teacher?
(a) Ralphie's home's disorder and the liquor bottle on the sofa.
(b) That Ralphie faints when his teacher asks him if he's alright.
(c) That Ralphie gets angry when his teacher points out that he is late.
(d) That Ralphie refuses to write the sentence 100 times.
8. What is the motive that the police determine for Mr. Patterson's murder?
(a) They can determine no motive.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) A cult ritual.
9. What does Ralphie's teacher notice?
(a) That Ralphie does not talk in class at all which is unusual.
(b) That Ralphie came in late to class that day.
(c) Ralphie's absence from class.
(d) That Ralphie's hand writing that day is very shaky.
10. What does Dan believe will happen if Robish is allowed back into the house?
(b) He will burn the house down.
(c) It makes the Hilliards accessories to murder.
(d) Ralphie will try to attack Robish again.
11. What is Ralphie's teacher's name?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Miss Turtle.
(c) Mrs. Sooner.
(d) Mrs. Swift.
12. Where is Mr. Patterson's dead body found?
(a) In his trunk.
(b) In the river.
(c) In a wooded area.
(d) In his recliner at his home.
13. What causes Hank to become angry?
(a) The delay in the money arriving.
(b) That there is no more alcohol in the house.
(c) The poorly-cooked dinner.
(d) That Griffin is acting like Cindy belongs to him.
14. Why do tensions begin to flare?
(a) Griffin orders Eleanor to cook dinner.
(b) Robish makes another advance towards Cindy.
(c) Griffin loses control of his cohorts.
(d) Griffin hits Ralphie lightly on the arm.
15. How does Griffin view Dan?
(a) As a mean gangster type.
(b) As a wimp.
(c) He likens Dan to his own father with his domineering ways and strict rules.
(d) As a menace to Griffin's plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at the door after Dan leaves?
2. What does the person want?
3. Why does Bard wish he had killed Griffin?
4. What does Mr. Patterson do after peeking in the garage?
5. Where are Dan and Cindy to go the next morning?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)