|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when Act 2 opens?
(a) Five a.m.
(b) Just before dawn.
(c) Past midnight.
(d) Ten p.m.
2. Where are Dan and Cindy to go the next morning?
(a) To the fast food joint to buy breakfast.
(b) Off to work as usual.
(d) To the bank to withdraw cash.
3. Why can't Dan promise to not do anything risky?
(a) Because of the love he has for his family.
(b) Because he does not believe Griffin intends to let them live.
(c) Because he still has plenty of bullets.
(d) Because he doesn't know the future.
4. Why does Bard wish he had killed Griffin?
(a) Because Bard does not like Griffin.
(b) So Griffin couldn't be coming after Bard now to kill him.
(c) Because Bard wished to be a hero.
(d) Because Griffin later kills a good friend of Bard's.
5. Why is Dan outraged?
(a) That Ralphie was not allowed any lunch.
(b) That Griffin plans to take Cindy with them.
(c) That his family will have to endure this nightmare for an extended period of time.
(d) That Eleanor has a bruise over one eye.
6. What is the motive that the police determine for Mr. Patterson's murder?
(b) They can determine no motive.
(c) A cult ritual.
(d) He kills himself.
7. What dismays Ralphie's teacher?
(a) Ralphie's home's disorder and the liquor bottle on the sofa.
(b) That Ralphie faints when his teacher asks him if he's alright.
(c) That Ralphie gets angry when his teacher points out that he is late.
(d) That Ralphie refuses to write the sentence 100 times.
8. What has been seen cruising in the neighborhoods?
(a) The grey getaway car.
(b) Chuck's black Jaguar.
(c) Mr. Patterson' stolen truck.
(d) Helen's car.
9. Besides the license number of the getaway car, what else is in Mr. Patterson's car?
(a) Checks from his morning collections.
(b) Two empty whiskey bottles.
(c) A handgun.
(d) Three hundred dollars.
10. With what does Hank not want to be stuck?
(a) The grey getaway car which is hot.
(b) The burned leftovers from lunch.
(c) The gun that only shoots one bullet at a time.
(d) A murder rap because of Robish killing Mr. Patterson.
11. What about Hank frustrates and angers Griffin?
(a) That Hank wants to give himself up.
(b) That Hank looks up to Robish.
(c) That Griffin cannot persuade him to stay one more day.
(d) That Hank always listens to country music and turns off other music.
12. What helps the detectives retrace Mr. Patterson's steps earlier in the day?
(a) The gps on the dash.
(b) His cell phone records.
(c) He had clay on his boots.
(d) The addresses on the checks.
13. Why do the criminals let Dan and Cindy go to work as usual?
(a) So they can earn enough to give the criminals more getaway money.
(b) To allay suspician.
(c) Because Dan and Cindy assure the criminals they will not talk.
(d) Dan and Cindy sneak out against the criminals will.
14. Why does Bard become embroiled with Griffin?
(a) Griffin shoots a police officer.
(b) Griffin rapes Bard's sister.
(c) Griffin held Bard hostage.
(d) Griffin wounds Bard.
15. What causes Hank to become angry?
(a) The poorly-cooked dinner.
(b) That there is no more alcohol in the house.
(c) The delay in the money arriving.
(d) That Griffin is acting like Cindy belongs to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Griffin exit his hideout?
2. What does Dan believe will happen if Robish is allowed back into the house?
3. What does Mr. Patterson do after peeking in the garage?
4. Why do tensions begin to flare?
5. What is Ralphie doing?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)