|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bard wish he had killed Griffin?
(a) Because Bard does not like Griffin.
(b) Because Griffin later kills a good friend of Bard's.
(c) So Griffin couldn't be coming after Bard now to kill him.
(d) Because Bard wished to be a hero.
2. What does Ralphie's teacher notice?
(a) Ralphie's absence from class.
(b) That Ralphie does not talk in class at all which is unusual.
(c) That Ralphie's hand writing that day is very shaky.
(d) That Ralphie came in late to class that day.
3. How might the detectives find the grey getaway car?
(a) By finding who kills Mr. Patterson.
(b) By following the tire tracks near Mr. Patterson's truck.
(c) By using a metal detector.
(d) They are not sure how to find the car.
4. Besides the license number of the getaway car, what else is in Mr. Patterson's car?
(a) Three hundred dollars.
(b) A handgun.
(c) Two empty whiskey bottles.
(d) Checks from his morning collections.
5. Why does Dan not want Robish in the house?
(a) Because Robish is uncontrollable when he's drunk.
(b) Because Robish smells badly.
(c) Because Robish has killed Mr. Patterson.
(d) Because Robish is sadistic.
6. How does Dan act when he arrives home?
7. Who refuses to give up any information about the Hilliards to the police?
8. What does Robish refuse to do?
(a) Take his turn watching Ralphie in Ralphie's room.
(b) Kill Ralphie's teacher.
(c) Relinquish his gun to Griffin.
(d) Go to the store for cigarettes.
9. Why is Dan outraged?
(a) That Ralphie was not allowed any lunch.
(b) That his family will have to endure this nightmare for an extended period of time.
(c) That Griffin plans to take Cindy with them.
(d) That Eleanor has a bruise over one eye.
10. What is in Mr. Patterson's truck?
(a) A wallet full of his cash, credit cards and driver's license.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) Two thousand dollars he was taking to the convicts.
(d) A piece of paper with the tag number of the getaway car.
11. What helps the detectives retrace Mr. Patterson's steps earlier in the day?
(a) The addresses on the checks.
(b) The gps on the dash.
(c) He had clay on his boots.
(d) His cell phone records.
12. What do the police share with Bard?
(a) Their riot equipment.
(b) A bulletproof vest.
(c) Coffee and doughnuts.
(d) An anonymous letter.
13. Where does Griffin plan to see his girlfriend?
(a) Terre Haute.
14. Where does Griffin tell the caller to send the money?
(a) No where, the caller is supposed to meet Griffin with the money.
(b) A specified address.
(c) To Mexico.
(d) General delivery in Pittsburgh.
15. About what is Bard incensed?
(a) That the local cops do not include him in their briefings.
(b) That the doughnuts are awful.
(c) That the local police seem to have adopted a wait-and-see attitude.
(d) That whoever wrote the note is willing to take on these criminals himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Griffin exit his hideout?
2. What is communicated in a letter received by the police?
3. Who refuses to relinquish Dan's gun?
4. What does Bard order?
5. Who calls Griffin?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)