|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ralphie doing?
(a) Staying home from school.
(b) Playing nintendo.
(d) Waiting for the school bus.
2. Where does Griffin tell the caller to send the money?
(a) No where, the caller is supposed to meet Griffin with the money.
(b) A specified address.
(c) To Mexico.
(d) General delivery in Pittsburgh.
3. About what is Bard incensed?
(a) That the doughnuts are awful.
(b) That the local police seem to have adopted a wait-and-see attitude.
(c) That whoever wrote the note is willing to take on these criminals himself.
(d) That the local cops do not include him in their briefings.
4. Why does Dan put on an act when he arrives home?
(a) So Ralphie's teacher will leave.
(b) To confuse the criminals.
(c) So his wife will understand their secret code.
(d) So Ralphie will laugh.
5. What does Ralphie's teacher do about Ralphie?
(a) Asks him if he feels alright.
(b) Goes to visit the Hilliard's home.
(c) Has him write 100 times "I must write with better penmanship."
(d) Reprimands him for being tardy.
6. What helps the detectives retrace Mr. Patterson's steps earlier in the day?
(a) The addresses on the checks.
(b) His cell phone records.
(c) He had clay on his boots.
(d) The gps on the dash.
7. What is about to cause Hank to snap?
(a) Knowing Cindy will not go with him.
(b) The visits to the Hilliard home.
(c) Knowing they are likely to die.
(d) Knowing Robish kills a man.
8. What does Mr. Patterson do after peeking in the garage?
(a) Calls the police on his cell phone.
(b) Pounds on the back door.
(c) Makes a note.
(d) Gets his gun out of the car.
9. What causes Hank to become angry?
(a) The delay in the money arriving.
(b) That Griffin is acting like Cindy belongs to him.
(c) The poorly-cooked dinner.
(d) That there is no more alcohol in the house.
10. Who refuses to relinquish Dan's gun?
(a) No one has Dan's gun yet.
11. How does Griffin exit his hideout?
(a) With his one hand inside his jacket.
(b) With his hands in the air.
(c) With his hands behind his back.
(d) With his hands on his hips.
12. With what does Hank not want to be stuck?
(a) The burned leftovers from lunch.
(b) A murder rap because of Robish killing Mr. Patterson.
(c) The gun that only shoots one bullet at a time.
(d) The grey getaway car which is hot.
13. What does Dan believe will happen if Robish is allowed back into the house?
(a) Ralphie will try to attack Robish again.
(c) It makes the Hilliards accessories to murder.
(d) He will burn the house down.
14. Why is Dan outraged?
(a) That his family will have to endure this nightmare for an extended period of time.
(b) That Griffin plans to take Cindy with them.
(c) That Ralphie was not allowed any lunch.
(d) That Eleanor has a bruise over one eye.
15. What does Ralphie's teacher notice?
(a) That Ralphie does not talk in class at all which is unusual.
(b) That Ralphie's hand writing that day is very shaky.
(c) Ralphie's absence from class.
(d) That Ralphie came in late to class that day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might the detectives find the grey getaway car?
2. What has the police department be ordered to do?
3. Who jumps on the back of Mr. Patterson's truck?
4. What is on Griffin's face as he exits his hideout?
5. How does Dan act when he arrives home?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)