|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might the detectives find the grey getaway car?
(a) By following the tire tracks near Mr. Patterson's truck.
(b) They are not sure how to find the car.
(c) By using a metal detector.
(d) By finding who kills Mr. Patterson.
2. Why can't Dan promise to not do anything risky?
(a) Because he does not believe Griffin intends to let them live.
(b) Because of the love he has for his family.
(c) Because he still has plenty of bullets.
(d) Because he doesn't know the future.
3. What does Dan tell the criminals as he is leaving?
(a) That he will give them 10 thousand dollars to leave this minute.
(b) That they better not touch his guns again.
(c) That he will hurt them if they hurt his family.
(d) That the cops the criminals they are there.
4. Why is Dan outraged?
(a) That his family will have to endure this nightmare for an extended period of time.
(b) That Ralphie was not allowed any lunch.
(c) That Eleanor has a bruise over one eye.
(d) That Griffin plans to take Cindy with them.
5. How does Griffin exit his hideout?
(a) With his hands on his hips.
(b) With his hands in the air.
(c) With his hands behind his back.
(d) With his one hand inside his jacket.
6. What has the police department be ordered to do?
(a) Evacuate the neighborhoods.
(b) Hand out mace and billy clubs to all the men in the town.
(c) Blockade all roads leading out of town.
(d) Canvas the neighborhoods.
7. What does Carson call and tell Bard?
(a) That Dan is ready to confess.
(b) That Robish shoots and kills a bank teller.
(c) That Hank has been shot and killed trying to steal a car with a gun registered to Dan Hilliard.
(d) That Hank robbed a bank.
8. What does Bard wish he had done to Griffin?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Pistol whipped him.
(c) Killed him in the groin.
(d) Maim him.
9. What does Dan believe will happen if Robish is allowed back into the house?
(a) Ralphie will try to attack Robish again.
(b) He will burn the house down.
(d) It makes the Hilliards accessories to murder.
10. What does Robish refuse to do?
(a) Relinquish his gun to Griffin.
(b) Go to the store for cigarettes.
(c) Take his turn watching Ralphie in Ralphie's room.
(d) Kill Ralphie's teacher.
11. Besides the license number of the getaway car, what else is in Mr. Patterson's car?
(a) A handgun.
(b) Three hundred dollars.
(c) Two empty whiskey bottles.
(d) Checks from his morning collections.
12. What do the police find in the woods?
(a) Robish's body.
(b) Mr. Patterson's body.
(c) Car tracks belonging to the getaway car.
(d) A gun belonging to a prison guard.
13. What is the motive that the police determine for Mr. Patterson's murder?
(a) They can determine no motive.
(c) A cult ritual.
(d) He kills himself.
14. What does Ralphie's teacher notice?
(a) That Ralphie came in late to class that day.
(b) That Ralphie does not talk in class at all which is unusual.
(c) Ralphie's absence from class.
(d) That Ralphie's hand writing that day is very shaky.
15. Who hit Griffin on the jaw?
(c) A unnamed cop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps the detectives retrace Mr. Patterson's steps earlier in the day?
2. Who refuses to give up any information about the Hilliards to the police?
3. What time is it when Act 2 opens?
4. Besides peeking into the garage, what else does Mr. Patterson do?
5. How does Griffin view Dan?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)