|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up at the door after Dan leaves?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) Mr. Patterson.
(d) A door-to-door salesman.
2. Who hit Griffin on the jaw?
(b) A unnamed cop.
3. Who spends the day home with the criminals?
(b) No one.
(d) Ralphie and Eleanor.
4. What do the police share with Bard?
(a) Their riot equipment.
(b) A bulletproof vest.
(c) Coffee and doughnuts.
(d) An anonymous letter.
5. Why is Dan outraged?
(a) That Griffin plans to take Cindy with them.
(b) That Eleanor has a bruise over one eye.
(c) That his family will have to endure this nightmare for an extended period of time.
(d) That Ralphie was not allowed any lunch.
6. What has the police department be ordered to do?
(a) Blockade all roads leading out of town.
(b) Hand out mace and billy clubs to all the men in the town.
(c) Evacuate the neighborhoods.
(d) Canvas the neighborhoods.
7. When will the money be available?
(a) It's not coming.
(b) In the morning.
(c) A week or so.
(d) A couple hours.
8. Why does Bard become embroiled with Griffin?
(a) Griffin rapes Bard's sister.
(b) Griffin wounds Bard.
(c) Griffin shoots a police officer.
(d) Griffin held Bard hostage.
9. What is Ralphie doing?
(a) Playing nintendo.
(b) Staying home from school.
(c) Waiting for the school bus.
10. What does Eleanor beg of Dan?
(a) To escape and go get the police.
(b) To try to get the children out of the house.
(c) Not to do anything risky.
(d) To talk to Griffin about keeping Cindy safe.
11. What causes Hank to become angry?
(a) The poorly-cooked dinner.
(b) The delay in the money arriving.
(c) That Griffin is acting like Cindy belongs to him.
(d) That there is no more alcohol in the house.
12. Who refuses to relinquish Dan's gun?
(d) No one has Dan's gun yet.
13. What else is about to cause Hank to snap?
(a) The press standing down the street.
(b) The police lookout across the street.
(c) Chuck's cruising up and down the street.
(d) The helicoptor zooming close to the house.
14. Where is Mr. Patterson's dead body found?
(a) In a wooded area.
(b) In his recliner at his home.
(c) In his trunk.
(d) In the river.
15. Why does Bard wish he had killed Griffin?
(a) Because Bard wished to be a hero.
(b) Because Bard does not like Griffin.
(c) Because Griffin later kills a good friend of Bard's.
(d) So Griffin couldn't be coming after Bard now to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bard order?
2. How does Dan act when he arrives home?
3. What does the person want?
4. Why do tensions begin to flare?
5. What does Ralphie's teacher notice?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)