|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police share with Bard?
(a) Coffee and doughnuts.
(b) A bulletproof vest.
(c) Their riot equipment.
(d) An anonymous letter.
2. What is communicated in a letter received by the police?
(a) That a family will be harmed if any attempts are made to capture the escaped convicts.
(b) An apology from Griffin for being in a no-win situation.
(c) Ransome demands.
(d) A list of grievances about prison conditions.
3. What does Mr. Patterson do after peeking in the garage?
(a) Gets his gun out of the car.
(b) Makes a note.
(c) Pounds on the back door.
(d) Calls the police on his cell phone.
4. Why do the criminals let Dan and Cindy go to work as usual?
(a) So they can earn enough to give the criminals more getaway money.
(b) Dan and Cindy sneak out against the criminals will.
(c) To allay suspician.
(d) Because Dan and Cindy assure the criminals they will not talk.
5. Where is Dan's gun found?
(a) In the garage cabinet.
(b) Under the driver's seat of Dan's car.
(c) In the house earlier.
(d) Under Dan's mattress.
6. What is Ralphie doing?
(a) Waiting for the school bus.
(c) Playing nintendo.
(d) Staying home from school.
7. Why is Dan outraged?
(a) That his family will have to endure this nightmare for an extended period of time.
(b) That Griffin plans to take Cindy with them.
(c) That Ralphie was not allowed any lunch.
(d) That Eleanor has a bruise over one eye.
8. Why does Bard become embroiled with Griffin?
(a) Griffin shoots a police officer.
(b) Griffin wounds Bard.
(c) Griffin held Bard hostage.
(d) Griffin rapes Bard's sister.
9. With what does Hank not want to be stuck?
(a) The burned leftovers from lunch.
(b) The grey getaway car which is hot.
(c) The gun that only shoots one bullet at a time.
(d) A murder rap because of Robish killing Mr. Patterson.
10. Who hit Griffin on the jaw?
(c) A unnamed cop.
11. Who spends the day home with the criminals?
(a) No one.
(b) Ralphie and Eleanor.
12. How might the detectives find the grey getaway car?
(a) By finding who kills Mr. Patterson.
(b) By following the tire tracks near Mr. Patterson's truck.
(c) They are not sure how to find the car.
(d) By using a metal detector.
13. Who tells Bard that hitting Griffin is inappropriate behavior?
(b) Bard's supervisor.
(d) A CIA agent.
14. What is Ralphie's teacher's name?
(a) Mrs. Sooner.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Miss Turtle.
(d) Mrs. Swift.
15. What is Cindy doing?
(a) Watching Ralphie sleep.
(b) Talking to her parents.
(d) Talking to Chuck on the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides the license number of the getaway car, what else is in Mr. Patterson's car?
2. What causes Hank to become angry?
3. What dismays Ralphie's teacher?
4. What has the police department be ordered to do?
5. What does Carson call and tell Bard?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)