|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ralphie's teacher's name?
(a) Mrs. Sooner.
(b) Miss Turtle.
(c) Mrs. Swift.
(d) Mr. Jones.
2. What is Ralphie doing?
(a) Waiting for the school bus.
(b) Playing nintendo.
(c) Staying home from school.
3. Why do the criminals let Dan and Cindy go to work as usual?
(a) Because Dan and Cindy assure the criminals they will not talk.
(b) To allay suspician.
(c) Dan and Cindy sneak out against the criminals will.
(d) So they can earn enough to give the criminals more getaway money.
4. What does Eleanor beg of Dan?
(a) To escape and go get the police.
(b) To talk to Griffin about keeping Cindy safe.
(c) To try to get the children out of the house.
(d) Not to do anything risky.
5. With what does Hank not want to be stuck?
(a) The burned leftovers from lunch.
(b) The grey getaway car which is hot.
(c) The gun that only shoots one bullet at a time.
(d) A murder rap because of Robish killing Mr. Patterson.
6. Why does Bard wish he had killed Griffin?
(a) Because Bard does not like Griffin.
(b) Because Griffin later kills a good friend of Bard's.
(c) So Griffin couldn't be coming after Bard now to kill him.
(d) Because Bard wished to be a hero.
7. Where is Mr. Patterson's dead body found?
(a) In the river.
(b) In a wooded area.
(c) In his recliner at his home.
(d) In his trunk.
8. What is about to cause Hank to snap?
(a) Knowing Robish kills a man.
(b) The visits to the Hilliard home.
(c) Knowing Cindy will not go with him.
(d) Knowing they are likely to die.
9. Why does Dan put on an act when he arrives home?
(a) So Ralphie will laugh.
(b) So Ralphie's teacher will leave.
(c) To confuse the criminals.
(d) So his wife will understand their secret code.
10. Besides the license number of the getaway car, what else is in Mr. Patterson's car?
(a) Checks from his morning collections.
(b) Two empty whiskey bottles.
(c) A handgun.
(d) Three hundred dollars.
11. Who jumps on the back of Mr. Patterson's truck?
12. Where does Griffin plan to see his girlfriend?
(d) Terre Haute.
13. Who shows up at the door after Dan leaves?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) A door-to-door salesman.
(d) Mr. Patterson.
14. What does Ralphie's teacher do about Ralphie?
(a) Goes to visit the Hilliard's home.
(b) Reprimands him for being tardy.
(c) Has him write 100 times "I must write with better penmanship."
(d) Asks him if he feels alright.
15. Who spends the day home with the criminals?
(a) Ralphie and Eleanor.
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Bard that hitting Griffin is inappropriate behavior?
2. Who refuses to give up any information about the Hilliards to the police?
3. What does Bard order?
4. What does Robish refuse to do?
5. What do the police find in the woods?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)