|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Griffin tell the caller to send the money?
(a) General delivery in Pittsburgh.
(b) A specified address.
(c) No where, the caller is supposed to meet Griffin with the money.
(d) To Mexico.
2. What does Carson call and tell Bard?
(a) That Hank robbed a bank.
(b) That Hank has been shot and killed trying to steal a car with a gun registered to Dan Hilliard.
(c) That Dan is ready to confess.
(d) That Robish shoots and kills a bank teller.
3. What does Bard wish he had done to Griffin?
(a) Maim him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Pistol whipped him.
(d) Killed him in the groin.
4. What is Cindy doing?
(a) Talking to her parents.
(b) Watching Ralphie sleep.
(d) Talking to Chuck on the phone.
5. Where is Dan's gun found?
(a) In the garage cabinet.
(b) Under the driver's seat of Dan's car.
(c) Under Dan's mattress.
(d) In the house earlier.
6. What causes Hank to become angry?
(a) The delay in the money arriving.
(b) The poorly-cooked dinner.
(c) That Griffin is acting like Cindy belongs to him.
(d) That there is no more alcohol in the house.
7. How does Griffin view Dan?
(a) As a mean gangster type.
(b) He likens Dan to his own father with his domineering ways and strict rules.
(c) As a menace to Griffin's plans.
(d) As a wimp.
8. What is on Griffin's face as he exits his hideout?
(a) A ski mask.
(b) A temporary tattoo.
(c) An evil grin.
(d) A beard.
9. What is about to cause Hank to snap?
(a) Knowing Cindy will not go with him.
(b) Knowing Robish kills a man.
(c) Knowing they are likely to die.
(d) The visits to the Hilliard home.
10. Besides peeking into the garage, what else does Mr. Patterson do?
(a) Flattens the tires of the car in the garage.
(b) Tries to get Dan to come outside to talk.
(c) Tells Eleanor in code that help is coming.
(d) Takes note of the disarray in the house.
11. What does Eleanor beg of Dan?
(a) To escape and go get the police.
(b) Not to do anything risky.
(c) To talk to Griffin about keeping Cindy safe.
(d) To try to get the children out of the house.
12. What dismays Ralphie's teacher?
(a) That Ralphie faints when his teacher asks him if he's alright.
(b) That Ralphie gets angry when his teacher points out that he is late.
(c) That Ralphie refuses to write the sentence 100 times.
(d) Ralphie's home's disorder and the liquor bottle on the sofa.
13. Besides the license number of the getaway car, what else is in Mr. Patterson's car?
(a) Three hundred dollars.
(b) Checks from his morning collections.
(c) A handgun.
(d) Two empty whiskey bottles.
14. What has been seen cruising in the neighborhoods?
(a) Helen's car.
(b) Chuck's black Jaguar.
(c) The grey getaway car.
(d) Mr. Patterson' stolen truck.
15. About what is Bard incensed?
(a) That the doughnuts are awful.
(b) That the local cops do not include him in their briefings.
(c) That whoever wrote the note is willing to take on these criminals himself.
(d) That the local police seem to have adopted a wait-and-see attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dan act when he arrives home?
2. Who jumps on the back of Mr. Patterson's truck?
3. Why does Dan put on an act when he arrives home?
4. What does Robish refuse to do?
5. Where are Dan and Cindy to go the next morning?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)