|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps the detectives retrace Mr. Patterson's steps earlier in the day?
(a) The addresses on the checks.
(b) His cell phone records.
(c) He had clay on his boots.
(d) The gps on the dash.
2. What do the police find in the woods?
(a) Car tracks belonging to the getaway car.
(b) Mr. Patterson's body.
(c) A gun belonging to a prison guard.
(d) Robish's body.
3. What does Ralphie's teacher notice?
(a) That Ralphie's hand writing that day is very shaky.
(b) That Ralphie came in late to class that day.
(c) That Ralphie does not talk in class at all which is unusual.
(d) Ralphie's absence from class.
4. What does Dan believe will happen if Robish is allowed back into the house?
(a) He will burn the house down.
(c) It makes the Hilliards accessories to murder.
(d) Ralphie will try to attack Robish again.
5. Who shows up at the door after Dan leaves?
(a) A door-to-door salesman.
(b) Mr. Patterson.
(d) An FBI agent.
6. What about Hank frustrates and angers Griffin?
(a) That Hank wants to give himself up.
(b) That Hank looks up to Robish.
(c) That Griffin cannot persuade him to stay one more day.
(d) That Hank always listens to country music and turns off other music.
7. What is about to cause Hank to snap?
(a) Knowing Cindy will not go with him.
(b) Knowing Robish kills a man.
(c) Knowing they are likely to die.
(d) The visits to the Hilliard home.
8. Why can't Dan promise to not do anything risky?
(a) Because he does not believe Griffin intends to let them live.
(b) Because he still has plenty of bullets.
(c) Because of the love he has for his family.
(d) Because he doesn't know the future.
9. Who spends the day home with the criminals?
(a) No one.
(b) Ralphie and Eleanor.
10. What does Dan tell the criminals as he is leaving?
(a) That the cops the criminals they are there.
(b) That he will hurt them if they hurt his family.
(c) That they better not touch his guns again.
(d) That he will give them 10 thousand dollars to leave this minute.
11. About what is Bard incensed?
(a) That the local police seem to have adopted a wait-and-see attitude.
(b) That the doughnuts are awful.
(c) That the local cops do not include him in their briefings.
(d) That whoever wrote the note is willing to take on these criminals himself.
12. Who refuses to give up any information about the Hilliards to the police?
13. What causes Hank to become angry?
(a) That there is no more alcohol in the house.
(b) The delay in the money arriving.
(c) The poorly-cooked dinner.
(d) That Griffin is acting like Cindy belongs to him.
14. How does Dan act when he arrives home?
15. How does Griffin exit his hideout?
(a) With his hands on his hips.
(b) With his one hand inside his jacket.
(c) With his hands in the air.
(d) With his hands behind his back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dan outraged?
2. Why does Dan not want Robish in the house?
3. Who tells Bard that hitting Griffin is inappropriate behavior?
4. What does Mr. Patterson do after peeking in the garage?
5. What is communicated in a letter received by the police?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)