|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bard wish he had killed Griffin?
(a) Because Griffin later kills a good friend of Bard's.
(b) So Griffin couldn't be coming after Bard now to kill him.
(c) Because Bard does not like Griffin.
(d) Because Bard wished to be a hero.
2. What causes Hank to become angry?
(a) That there is no more alcohol in the house.
(b) The poorly-cooked dinner.
(c) The delay in the money arriving.
(d) That Griffin is acting like Cindy belongs to him.
3. Where does Griffin plan to see his girlfriend?
(c) Terre Haute.
4. What is on Griffin's face as he exits his hideout?
(a) A ski mask.
(b) A temporary tattoo.
(c) An evil grin.
(d) A beard.
5. What does Robish refuse to do?
(a) Relinquish his gun to Griffin.
(b) Go to the store for cigarettes.
(c) Kill Ralphie's teacher.
(d) Take his turn watching Ralphie in Ralphie's room.
6. Why can't Dan promise to not do anything risky?
(a) Because he does not believe Griffin intends to let them live.
(b) Because he doesn't know the future.
(c) Because he still has plenty of bullets.
(d) Because of the love he has for his family.
7. How does Griffin exit his hideout?
(a) With his hands on his hips.
(b) With his one hand inside his jacket.
(c) With his hands in the air.
(d) With his hands behind his back.
8. What is in Mr. Patterson's truck?
(a) Two thousand dollars he was taking to the convicts.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) A piece of paper with the tag number of the getaway car.
(d) A wallet full of his cash, credit cards and driver's license.
9. What else is about to cause Hank to snap?
(a) The press standing down the street.
(b) The helicoptor zooming close to the house.
(c) The police lookout across the street.
(d) Chuck's cruising up and down the street.
10. Where are Dan and Cindy to go the next morning?
(a) To the fast food joint to buy breakfast.
(b) To the bank to withdraw cash.
(d) Off to work as usual.
11. Besides the license number of the getaway car, what else is in Mr. Patterson's car?
(a) Two empty whiskey bottles.
(b) Three hundred dollars.
(c) Checks from his morning collections.
(d) A handgun.
12. Who refuses to give up any information about the Hilliards to the police?
13. What is about to cause Hank to snap?
(a) Knowing Cindy will not go with him.
(b) The visits to the Hilliard home.
(c) Knowing Robish kills a man.
(d) Knowing they are likely to die.
14. What is the motive that the police determine for Mr. Patterson's murder?
(a) They can determine no motive.
(c) A cult ritual.
(d) He kills himself.
15. How might the detectives find the grey getaway car?
(a) By using a metal detector.
(b) By following the tire tracks near Mr. Patterson's truck.
(c) By finding who kills Mr. Patterson.
(d) They are not sure how to find the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Eleanor tend?
2. What does Bard order?
3. What does Carson call and tell Bard?
4. Besides peeking into the garage, what else does Mr. Patterson do?
5. Who calls Griffin?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)