|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Griffin plan to see his girlfriend?
(a) Terre Haute.
2. What about Hank frustrates and angers Griffin?
(a) That Griffin cannot persuade him to stay one more day.
(b) That Hank always listens to country music and turns off other music.
(c) That Hank wants to give himself up.
(d) That Hank looks up to Robish.
3. How might the detectives find the grey getaway car?
(a) By using a metal detector.
(b) By following the tire tracks near Mr. Patterson's truck.
(c) They are not sure how to find the car.
(d) By finding who kills Mr. Patterson.
4. What does the person want?
(a) To see if Dan is home.
(b) To sell a vacuum cleaner.
(c) A check for garbage collection.
(d) To ask about any suspicious people in the neighborhood.
5. Who refuses to give up any information about the Hilliards to the police?
6. Who calls Griffin?
(d) His mother.
7. Why is Dan outraged?
(a) That Ralphie was not allowed any lunch.
(b) That his family will have to endure this nightmare for an extended period of time.
(c) That Eleanor has a bruise over one eye.
(d) That Griffin plans to take Cindy with them.
8. Besides the license number of the getaway car, what else is in Mr. Patterson's car?
(a) Checks from his morning collections.
(b) A handgun.
(c) Three hundred dollars.
(d) Two empty whiskey bottles.
9. What is in Mr. Patterson's truck?
(a) A wallet full of his cash, credit cards and driver's license.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) A piece of paper with the tag number of the getaway car.
(d) Two thousand dollars he was taking to the convicts.
10. What does Bard wish he had done to Griffin?
(a) Maim him.
(b) Pistol whipped him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Killed him in the groin.
11. What is about to cause Hank to snap?
(a) Knowing they are likely to die.
(b) Knowing Robish kills a man.
(c) The visits to the Hilliard home.
(d) Knowing Cindy will not go with him.
12. What does Mr. Patterson do after peeking in the garage?
(a) Makes a note.
(b) Pounds on the back door.
(c) Calls the police on his cell phone.
(d) Gets his gun out of the car.
13. What helps the detectives retrace Mr. Patterson's steps earlier in the day?
(a) He had clay on his boots.
(b) His cell phone records.
(c) The addresses on the checks.
(d) The gps on the dash.
14. What does Robish refuse to do?
(a) Take his turn watching Ralphie in Ralphie's room.
(b) Kill Ralphie's teacher.
(c) Relinquish his gun to Griffin.
(d) Go to the store for cigarettes.
15. About what is Bard incensed?
(a) That the doughnuts are awful.
(b) That the local police seem to have adopted a wait-and-see attitude.
(c) That the local cops do not include him in their briefings.
(d) That whoever wrote the note is willing to take on these criminals himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Hank to become angry?
2. How does Dan act when he arrives home?
3. Who hit Griffin on the jaw?
4. Why does Dan not want Robish in the house?
5. Why do the criminals let Dan and Cindy go to work as usual?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)