|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Hank frustrates and angers Griffin?
(a) That Griffin cannot persuade him to stay one more day.
(b) That Hank looks up to Robish.
(c) That Hank wants to give himself up.
(d) That Hank always listens to country music and turns off other music.
2. About what is Bard incensed?
(a) That the local police seem to have adopted a wait-and-see attitude.
(b) That the doughnuts are awful.
(c) That the local cops do not include him in their briefings.
(d) That whoever wrote the note is willing to take on these criminals himself.
3. Why do tensions begin to flare?
(a) Griffin hits Ralphie lightly on the arm.
(b) Robish makes another advance towards Cindy.
(c) Griffin loses control of his cohorts.
(d) Griffin orders Eleanor to cook dinner.
4. How might the detectives find the grey getaway car?
(a) By following the tire tracks near Mr. Patterson's truck.
(b) By finding who kills Mr. Patterson.
(c) They are not sure how to find the car.
(d) By using a metal detector.
5. Who refuses to give up any information about the Hilliards to the police?
6. What does Dan tell the criminals as he is leaving?
(a) That he will hurt them if they hurt his family.
(b) That they better not touch his guns again.
(c) That the cops the criminals they are there.
(d) That he will give them 10 thousand dollars to leave this minute.
7. Who calls Griffin?
(b) His mother.
8. What do the police share with Bard?
(a) Their riot equipment.
(b) An anonymous letter.
(c) Coffee and doughnuts.
(d) A bulletproof vest.
9. What does Carson call and tell Bard?
(a) That Dan is ready to confess.
(b) That Hank robbed a bank.
(c) That Robish shoots and kills a bank teller.
(d) That Hank has been shot and killed trying to steal a car with a gun registered to Dan Hilliard.
10. Why can't Dan promise to not do anything risky?
(a) Because he does not believe Griffin intends to let them live.
(b) Because of the love he has for his family.
(c) Because he doesn't know the future.
(d) Because he still has plenty of bullets.
11. Who jumps on the back of Mr. Patterson's truck?
12. Who spends the day home with the criminals?
(a) Ralphie and Eleanor.
(c) No one.
13. What is Cindy doing?
(a) Talking to her parents.
(c) Watching Ralphie sleep.
(d) Talking to Chuck on the phone.
14. What does the person want?
(a) To see if Dan is home.
(b) A check for garbage collection.
(c) To sell a vacuum cleaner.
(d) To ask about any suspicious people in the neighborhood.
15. What causes Hank to become angry?
(a) The delay in the money arriving.
(b) That Griffin is acting like Cindy belongs to him.
(c) The poorly-cooked dinner.
(d) That there is no more alcohol in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan believe will happen if Robish is allowed back into the house?
2. When will the money be available?
3. Why does Dan put on an act when he arrives home?
4. Why is Dan outraged?
5. What is Ralphie's teacher's name?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)