|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the police department be ordered to do?
(a) Blockade all roads leading out of town.
(b) Hand out mace and billy clubs to all the men in the town.
(c) Canvas the neighborhoods.
(d) Evacuate the neighborhoods.
2. Why is Dan outraged?
(a) That Eleanor has a bruise over one eye.
(b) That his family will have to endure this nightmare for an extended period of time.
(c) That Ralphie was not allowed any lunch.
(d) That Griffin plans to take Cindy with them.
3. What does Ralphie's teacher do about Ralphie?
(a) Has him write 100 times "I must write with better penmanship."
(b) Reprimands him for being tardy.
(c) Goes to visit the Hilliard's home.
(d) Asks him if he feels alright.
4. What dismays Ralphie's teacher?
(a) Ralphie's home's disorder and the liquor bottle on the sofa.
(b) That Ralphie faints when his teacher asks him if he's alright.
(c) That Ralphie refuses to write the sentence 100 times.
(d) That Ralphie gets angry when his teacher points out that he is late.
5. What does Robish refuse to do?
(a) Go to the store for cigarettes.
(b) Kill Ralphie's teacher.
(c) Relinquish his gun to Griffin.
(d) Take his turn watching Ralphie in Ralphie's room.
6. Why do tensions begin to flare?
(a) Griffin loses control of his cohorts.
(b) Robish makes another advance towards Cindy.
(c) Griffin orders Eleanor to cook dinner.
(d) Griffin hits Ralphie lightly on the arm.
7. Besides the license number of the getaway car, what else is in Mr. Patterson's car?
(a) Three hundred dollars.
(b) Checks from his morning collections.
(c) Two empty whiskey bottles.
(d) A handgun.
8. What does Dan tell the criminals as he is leaving?
(a) That they better not touch his guns again.
(b) That the cops the criminals they are there.
(c) That he will give them 10 thousand dollars to leave this minute.
(d) That he will hurt them if they hurt his family.
9. Why does Dan put on an act when he arrives home?
(a) So his wife will understand their secret code.
(b) So Ralphie's teacher will leave.
(c) So Ralphie will laugh.
(d) To confuse the criminals.
10. Who jumps on the back of Mr. Patterson's truck?
11. What does Ralphie's teacher notice?
(a) That Ralphie came in late to class that day.
(b) That Ralphie does not talk in class at all which is unusual.
(c) That Ralphie's hand writing that day is very shaky.
(d) Ralphie's absence from class.
12. Who calls Griffin?
(a) His mother.
13. What else is about to cause Hank to snap?
(a) The helicoptor zooming close to the house.
(b) Chuck's cruising up and down the street.
(c) The police lookout across the street.
(d) The press standing down the street.
14. What about Hank frustrates and angers Griffin?
(a) That Hank always listens to country music and turns off other music.
(b) That Hank wants to give himself up.
(c) That Hank looks up to Robish.
(d) That Griffin cannot persuade him to stay one more day.
15. Why does Dan not want Robish in the house?
(a) Because Robish smells badly.
(b) Because Robish has killed Mr. Patterson.
(c) Because Robish is uncontrollable when he's drunk.
(d) Because Robish is sadistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Eleanor tend?
2. How does Griffin view Dan?
3. Who shows up at the door after Dan leaves?
4. What is in Mr. Patterson's truck?
5. Who tells Bard that hitting Griffin is inappropriate behavior?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)