|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Griffin say he plans to stay at the house?
(a) Until midnight.
(b) As long as he needs to do so.
(c) An hour.
(d) A few days.
2. What is Dan's response to Ralphie's request.
(a) That he can't call his friend right now.
(b) That the t.v. is being watched by the criminals.
(c) To not be foolish.
(d) To play the game but not to be too loud.
3. Who is Samuel Robish?
(a) A man who robbed a bank.
(b) A man who commits a hit and run.
(c) A man who murders a pimp.
(d) A man who escaped jail.
4. What does Griffin send Dan out to do?
(a) To make a phone call on a pay phone.
(b) To get gas in the Hilliard car and to pick up some whiskey.
(c) To take their terms to the police.
(d) To get some groceries.
5. Who tries to attack Robish?
(d) The family dog.
6. What outrages Dan?
(a) The way the criminals expect dinner.
(b) The way Ralphie is shoved into a chair and tied.
(c) The sexual pass made at Cindy.
(d) The fact that he has always taken on defense cases for criminals and is being treated like this.
7. Who is the last one to arrive at the Hilliard home?
8. Why is Bard fearful of the man mentioned in the wire report?
(a) The man has sworn revenge on Bard.
(b) The man is serial murderer.
(c) The man is Bard's psychopathic brother.
(d) The man once wounded Bard very badly.
9. Who is Helen Laski?
(a) Glenn's girlfriend.
(b) Samuel's girlfriend.
(c) Eleanor's best friend.
(d) Eleanor's neighbor.
10. With what does Griffin gain Dan and Cindy's cooperation?
(a) By saying he and the other men will rape and kill both women.
(b) The repeated statement that Eleanor will be killed if they do not cooperate.
(c) By saying that he was unfairly charged.
(d) By tying up Ralphie.
11. How does Griffin get inside the Hilliard's home?
(a) He pushes his way inside past Eleanor.
(b) He is invited inside by Eleanor.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He breaks the side door down.
12. Who is Chuck?
(a) The husband of Helen.
(b) Dan's business partner.
(c) Glenn's cousin.
(d) Cindy's boyfriend.
13. Who is Cindy?
(a) Eleanor Hilliard's best friend.
(b) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's next door neighbor.
(c) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's daughter.
(d) Dan Hilliard's secretary.
14. How long has Robish been in prison?
(a) A few months.
(b) 18 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 28 years.
15. Who does Griffin beat for insolence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan offer the criminals?
2. What is Chuck's occupation?
3. Where does the situation in the wire report take place?
4. How old is Cindy?
5. What does Cindy's arrival at home cause?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)