|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ralphie?
2. What does Dan tell Griffin the second Dan spies the loaded gun?
(a) That shots will alert the neighbors.
(b) That Dan will cooperate if Griffin just does not shoot.
(c) That the police are already on the way.
(d) That Dan is wearing a bullet proof vest.
3. What do the criminals tell Eleanor and Cindy to do?
(a) Take Ralphie and tie him in his bedroom.
(b) Make up some bed with linens.
(c) Make some dinner.
(d) Draw some bath water for the men.
4. With what does Griffin threaten Cindy if she tries to escape?
(a) Kidnapping her brother.
(b) Killing her.
(c) Killing her dog.
(d) Killing Eleanor.
5. What is Chuck's occupation?
(b) Truck driver.
6. Who does Griffin beat for insolence?
7. What outrages Dan?
(a) The fact that he has always taken on defense cases for criminals and is being treated like this.
(b) The sexual pass made at Cindy.
(c) The way the criminals expect dinner.
(d) The way Ralphie is shoved into a chair and tied.
8. What is the name of the deputy sheriff who is onstage at the opening of the first act?
(a) John Bastow.
(b) Jesse Bard.
(c) Joseph Upstar.
(d) Jack Jeels.
9. Who is Chuck?
(a) Dan's business partner.
(b) The husband of Helen.
(c) Glenn's cousin.
(d) Cindy's boyfriend.
10. What does Eleanor do after the house is empty of others?
(a) Walks down the street to the Catholic church for mass.
(b) Begins her housework.
(c) Makes another pot of coffee.
(d) Calls her best friend for an early morning chat.
11. When Dan makes a threat about getting a gun and using it, what is Griffin's response?
(a) He tells Dan he understands his concern.
(b) He shoots Dan.
(c) He tells the other men to put a gag on Dan.
(d) He smiles.
12. How long does Griffin say he plans to stay at the house?
(a) Until midnight.
(b) As long as he needs to do so.
(c) An hour.
(d) A few days.
13. Who calls on the phone?
14. To where does the setting of the scene shift?
(a) The local bank that is robbed.
(b) The site of the jail breakout.
(c) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's home.
(d) The morgue where the hit and run victim lies.
15. How does Griffin cheer up Hank?
(a) By saying he's never going back to prison.
(b) By saying he can visit his mother.
(c) By saying there is more whiskey.
(d) By saying he can take Cindy with him when they leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dan realize that something is wrong in his house?
2. Who do the police hope will lead them to the men for whom they are searching?
3. Where does the situation in the wire report take place?
4. Who is Samuel Robish?
5. What does Cindy's arrival at home cause?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)