|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Griffin gain Dan and Cindy's cooperation?
(a) The repeated statement that Eleanor will be killed if they do not cooperate.
(b) By saying he and the other men will rape and kill both women.
(c) By saying that he was unfairly charged.
(d) By tying up Ralphie.
2. How long does Griffin say he plans to stay at the house?
(a) An hour.
(b) Until midnight.
(c) A few days.
(d) As long as he needs to do so.
3. How does Dan realize that something is wrong in his house?
(a) The blinds are all pulled.
(b) The car is not in the garage.
(c) Cindy's bike is fallen over.
(d) The lights are not on.
4. Who is Ralphie?
(a) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's grandson.
(b) The hit and run victim.
(c) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's next door neighbor's son.
(d) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's son.
5. What advice does Dan give Ralphie?
(a) To try to escape out his bedroom window.
(b) To keep his mouth shut and cooperate.
(c) To try to knock over one of the men.
(d) Sometimes it's better to be scared than foolish.
6. How does Griffin get inside the Hilliard's home?
(a) He is invited inside by Eleanor.
(b) He breaks the side door down.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He pushes his way inside past Eleanor.
7. How old is Ralphie?
8. For whom does Fredricks work?
(a) Iowa State Police.
(b) Johnstown Police Department.
(c) The FBI.
(d) Indiana State Police.
9. What type of message does Glenn deliver over the phone?
(a) A coded message.
(b) No message is delivered; they don't want anyone to know they are there.
(c) A terse threat.
(d) A long, complicated message.
10. What is in place to apprehend the suspect(s)?
(a) Beefed-up patrols.
(b) Hidden cameras.
(c) Wide area helicoptor coverage.
11. Who is Cindy?
(a) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's daughter.
(b) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's next door neighbor.
(c) Dan Hilliard's secretary.
(d) Eleanor Hilliard's best friend.
12. How long has Robish been in prison?
(a) 18 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) A few months.
(d) 28 years.
13. What happens while Cindy is keeping the attention of the criminals?
(a) Dan slips poison into the men's coffee.
(b) Eleanor calls the police on the upstairs extension.
(c) Ralphie slips down the side stairwell.
(d) Chuck sneaks in the basement door.
14. Who is Helen Laski?
(a) Eleanor's neighbor.
(b) Eleanor's best friend.
(c) Glenn's girlfriend.
(d) Samuel's girlfriend.
15. What is the name of the deputy sheriff who is onstage at the opening of the first act?
(a) Jack Jeels.
(b) John Bastow.
(c) Joseph Upstar.
(d) Jesse Bard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town is the setting for the play?
2. Why does Hank become melancholy?
3. How does Griffin cheer up Hank?
4. What does Griffin send Dan out to do?
5. What does Chuck want to do that Cindy does not allow?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)