|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taunts Cindy?
(b) No one; Griffin does not allow it.
2. To where does the setting of the scene shift?
(a) The site of the jail breakout.
(b) The local bank that is robbed.
(c) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's home.
(d) The morgue where the hit and run victim lies.
3. What does Griffin send Dan out to do?
(a) To get gas in the Hilliard car and to pick up some whiskey.
(b) To take their terms to the police.
(c) To make a phone call on a pay phone.
(d) To get some groceries.
4. What do the criminals tell Eleanor and Cindy to do?
(a) Draw some bath water for the men.
(b) Make some dinner.
(c) Take Ralphie and tie him in his bedroom.
(d) Make up some bed with linens.
5. Who calls on the phone?
6. Where is a getaway car hidden?
(a) In some shrubbery.
(b) They don't have a car.
(c) In the woods behind the house.
(d) In the garage.
7. What does Dan want to do?
(a) Initiate a gunfight.
(b) Have his family escape out the window.
(c) Call the police on his scanner.
(d) Flip the main circuit breaker.
8. Who is the last one to arrive at the Hilliard home?
9. Why is Bard fearful of the man mentioned in the wire report?
(a) The man is Bard's psychopathic brother.
(b) The man once wounded Bard very badly.
(c) The man is serial murderer.
(d) The man has sworn revenge on Bard.
10. What infuriates Dan?
(a) When his daughter begins to cry.
(b) When his son is handled roughly.
(c) When Eleanor screams.
(d) When the convicts laugh at Cindy's fear.
11. Who does Griffin pretend to be to Eleanor?
(a) A linesman out to repair a transformer.
(b) A farmer stopping for directions to a dairy farm.
(c) Dan's new mechanic.
(d) The meter reader.
12. About what does Deputy Winston read a wire report?
(a) A jail break.
(b) A murder.
(c) A bank robbery.
(d) A hit and run.
13. What does Griffin tell Cindy?
(a) To tell Winston she is ill.
(b) To go out with Chuck but not to say anything or the family will be killed.
(c) To tell Bard that she'll go out the next day with him.
(d) To tell Chip that she has to study.
14. What is Chuck's occupation?
(b) Truck driver.
15. Who does Griffin beat for insolence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the deputy sheriff who is onstage at the opening of the first act?
2. Who is Samuel Robish?
3. What happens when Cindy goes inside her home?
4. How old is Cindy?
5. Where do the men want to go?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)