|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan tell Griffin the second Dan spies the loaded gun?
(a) That shots will alert the neighbors.
(b) That Dan will cooperate if Griffin just does not shoot.
(c) That Dan is wearing a bullet proof vest.
(d) That the police are already on the way.
2. With what does Griffin threaten Cindy if she tries to escape?
(a) Killing Eleanor.
(b) Kidnapping her brother.
(c) Killing her.
(d) Killing her dog.
3. What type of message does Glenn deliver over the phone?
(a) No message is delivered; they don't want anyone to know they are there.
(b) A long, complicated message.
(c) A terse threat.
(d) A coded message.
4. What does Griffin tell Cindy?
(a) To tell Winston she is ill.
(b) To tell Chip that she has to study.
(c) To go out with Chuck but not to say anything or the family will be killed.
(d) To tell Bard that she'll go out the next day with him.
5. For whom does Fredricks work?
(a) Iowa State Police.
(b) Johnstown Police Department.
(c) Indiana State Police.
(d) The FBI.
6. What is Chuck's occupation?
(a) Truck driver.
7. Where does the situation in the wire report take place?
(d) Terre Haute.
8. How long does Griffin say he plans to stay at the house?
(a) An hour.
(b) Until midnight.
(c) A few days.
(d) As long as he needs to do so.
9. What advice does Dan give Ralphie?
(a) To keep his mouth shut and cooperate.
(b) To try to escape out his bedroom window.
(c) To try to knock over one of the men.
(d) Sometimes it's better to be scared than foolish.
10. What does Eleanor do after the house is empty of others?
(a) Calls her best friend for an early morning chat.
(b) Begins her housework.
(c) Walks down the street to the Catholic church for mass.
(d) Makes another pot of coffee.
11. Where is a getaway car hidden?
(a) In some shrubbery.
(b) They don't have a car.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In the woods behind the house.
12. Who is Ralphie?
(a) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's son.
(b) The hit and run victim.
(c) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's grandson.
(d) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's next door neighbor's son.
13. How does Dan realize that something is wrong in his house?
(a) The blinds are all pulled.
(b) The car is not in the garage.
(c) The lights are not on.
(d) Cindy's bike is fallen over.
14. Where do the men want to go?
15. Why does Griffin leave the living room drapes open?
(a) To let in some light.
(b) To be able to see outside.
(c) So things appear normal in the house.
(d) Because the rod broke when he forced his way into the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to attack Robish?
2. Who do the police hope will lead them to the men for whom they are searching?
3. Who does Griffin pretend to be to Eleanor?
4. To where does the setting of the scene shift?
5. How old is Cindy?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)