|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Griffin beat for insolence?
2. What name causes Bard to feel terror?
(a) Gerry Jones.
(b) Glenn Griffin.
(c) John Jakeres.
(d) Pete Rogers.
3. What is the name of the deputy sheriff who is onstage at the opening of the first act?
(a) John Bastow.
(b) Jesse Bard.
(c) Joseph Upstar.
(d) Jack Jeels.
4. Who does Griffin pretend to be to Eleanor?
(a) A linesman out to repair a transformer.
(b) The meter reader.
(c) Dan's new mechanic.
(d) A farmer stopping for directions to a dairy farm.
5. With what does Griffin gain Dan and Cindy's cooperation?
(a) The repeated statement that Eleanor will be killed if they do not cooperate.
(b) By saying that he was unfairly charged.
(c) By tying up Ralphie.
(d) By saying he and the other men will rape and kill both women.
6. About what does Deputy Winston read a wire report?
(a) A murder.
(b) A bank robbery.
(c) A hit and run.
(d) A jail break.
7. What does Ralphie want to do?
(a) To try to escape.
(b) To call his best friend.
(c) To watch t.v.
(d) To play with his nintendo.
8. How does Griffin get inside the Hilliard's home?
(a) He breaks a window.
(b) He breaks the side door down.
(c) He pushes his way inside past Eleanor.
(d) He is invited inside by Eleanor.
9. Where do the men want to go?
10. What do Dan and Cindy do?
(a) Attack Griffin.
(b) Get Hank's gun from him and push Hank outside.
(c) Throw hot coffee in Robish and Griffin's faces.
(d) Fire a weapon to alert the neighbors.
11. How old is Cindy?
12. Where is Helen Laski?
(c) Terre Haute.
13. Who is the last one to arrive at the Hilliard home?
14. What happens when Cindy goes inside her home?
(a) The drunken Robish begins to make advances.
(b) Griffin asks her to come with them.
(c) Her brother runs up and hugs her.
(d) Her dad tells her to go upstairs.
15. What does Chuck want to do that Cindy does not allow?
(a) To have sex in the car.
(b) To come inside the house.
(c) To take Cindy to a motel.
(d) To talk to Cindy's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Griffin cheer up Hank?
2. What do the criminals tell Eleanor and Cindy to do?
3. Whose responsibility is the situation in the wire report?
4. To where does the setting of the scene shift?
5. What does Dan want to do?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)