|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dan makes a threat about getting a gun and using it, what is Griffin's response?
(a) He tells the other men to put a gag on Dan.
(b) He shoots Dan.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He tells Dan he understands his concern.
2. Who does Griffin pretend to be to Eleanor?
(a) A farmer stopping for directions to a dairy farm.
(b) A linesman out to repair a transformer.
(c) Dan's new mechanic.
(d) The meter reader.
3. Who taunts Cindy?
(c) No one; Griffin does not allow it.
4. What does Griffin tell Cindy?
(a) To tell Chip that she has to study.
(b) To tell Winston she is ill.
(c) To go out with Chuck but not to say anything or the family will be killed.
(d) To tell Bard that she'll go out the next day with him.
5. Who is Ralphie?
(a) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's son.
(b) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's next door neighbor's son.
(c) Dan and Eleanor Hilliard's grandson.
(d) The hit and run victim.
6. Where is Helen Laski?
(c) Terre Haute.
7. Whose responsibility is the situation in the wire report?
(a) The Fargo Police Department.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The Indiana State Police.
8. With what does Griffin threaten Cindy if she tries to escape?
(a) Killing Eleanor.
(b) Killing her.
(c) Killing her dog.
(d) Kidnapping her brother.
9. What happens when Cindy goes inside her home?
(a) Her brother runs up and hugs her.
(b) Griffin asks her to come with them.
(c) The drunken Robish begins to make advances.
(d) Her dad tells her to go upstairs.
10. What does Eleanor do after the house is empty of others?
(a) Begins her housework.
(b) Calls her best friend for an early morning chat.
(c) Makes another pot of coffee.
(d) Walks down the street to the Catholic church for mass.
11. What happens while Cindy is keeping the attention of the criminals?
(a) Ralphie slips down the side stairwell.
(b) Dan slips poison into the men's coffee.
(c) Eleanor calls the police on the upstairs extension.
(d) Chuck sneaks in the basement door.
12. How old is Cindy?
13. Where does the situation in the wire report take place?
(a) Terre Haute.
14. Why does Griffin leave the living room drapes open?
(a) To let in some light.
(b) So things appear normal in the house.
(c) Because the rod broke when he forced his way into the house.
(d) To be able to see outside.
15. What does Dan offer the criminals?
(b) Money to leave.
(d) Safe passage to the State Line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dan and Cindy do?
2. About what does Deputy Winston read a wire report?
3. Who is Samuel Robish?
4. What did Chuck do that night?
5. Where has Helen Laski been spotted?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)