|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hank become melancholy?
(a) Because he will never have a girl like Cindy or live in a nice house like the Hilliards'.
(b) Because a pint of whiskey is barely enough to get high.
(c) Because he has no chance of ever getting out of prison alive if he is recaptured.
(d) Because his mother is very ill and Hank broke out to go see her.
2. What does Dan offer the criminals?
(a) Safe passage to the State Line.
(b) Money to leave.
3. How does Dan realize that something is wrong in his house?
(a) The lights are not on.
(b) Cindy's bike is fallen over.
(c) The blinds are all pulled.
(d) The car is not in the garage.
4. Where is Helen Laski?
(c) Terre Haute.
5. Where do the men want to go?
6. What does Chuck want to do that Cindy does not allow?
(a) To take Cindy to a motel.
(b) To have sex in the car.
(c) To talk to Cindy's father.
(d) To come inside the house.
7. How does Griffin cheer up Hank?
(a) By saying he can visit his mother.
(b) By saying he's never going back to prison.
(c) By saying there is more whiskey.
(d) By saying he can take Cindy with him when they leave.
8. Who is Chuck?
(a) Cindy's boyfriend.
(b) Dan's business partner.
(c) Glenn's cousin.
(d) The husband of Helen.
9. Why is Bard fearful of the man mentioned in the wire report?
(a) The man once wounded Bard very badly.
(b) The man has sworn revenge on Bard.
(c) The man is serial murderer.
(d) The man is Bard's psychopathic brother.
10. What does Ralphie want to do?
(a) To watch t.v.
(b) To try to escape.
(c) To call his best friend.
(d) To play with his nintendo.
11. Where has Helen Laski been spotted?
(b) Terre Haute.
12. With what does Griffin gain Dan and Cindy's cooperation?
(a) By tying up Ralphie.
(b) By saying he and the other men will rape and kill both women.
(c) By saying that he was unfairly charged.
(d) The repeated statement that Eleanor will be killed if they do not cooperate.
13. Who is Helen Laski?
(a) Glenn's girlfriend.
(b) Samuel's girlfriend.
(c) Eleanor's best friend.
(d) Eleanor's neighbor.
14. What does Eleanor do after the house is empty of others?
(a) Begins her housework.
(b) Calls her best friend for an early morning chat.
(c) Walks down the street to the Catholic church for mass.
(d) Makes another pot of coffee.
15. What did Chuck do that night?
(a) Accepted a job in Los Angelos.
(b) Proposed marriage.
(c) Told Cindy he was terminally ill.
(d) Broke up with Cindy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taunts Cindy?
2. What is Chuck's occupation?
3. Whose responsibility is the situation in the wire report?
4. Who do the police hope will lead them to the men for whom they are searching?
5. Where does the situation in the wire report take place?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)