|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taunts Cindy?
(d) No one; Griffin does not allow it.
2. How much whiskey does Dan bring home?
(a) Two quarts.
(b) A pint.
(d) A half gallon.
3. What town is the setting for the play?
(c) San Francisco.
4. What do Dan and Cindy do?
(a) Get Hank's gun from him and push Hank outside.
(b) Attack Griffin.
(c) Fire a weapon to alert the neighbors.
(d) Throw hot coffee in Robish and Griffin's faces.
5. What does Griffin tell Cindy?
(a) To tell Winston she is ill.
(b) To tell Bard that she'll go out the next day with him.
(c) To tell Chip that she has to study.
(d) To go out with Chuck but not to say anything or the family will be killed.
6. What does Chuck want to do that Cindy does not allow?
(a) To have sex in the car.
(b) To talk to Cindy's father.
(c) To take Cindy to a motel.
(d) To come inside the house.
7. Where is a getaway car hidden?
(a) In some shrubbery.
(b) They don't have a car.
(c) In the woods behind the house.
(d) In the garage.
8. For whom does Fredricks work?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Indiana State Police.
(c) Johnstown Police Department.
(d) Iowa State Police.
9. What happens while Cindy is keeping the attention of the criminals?
(a) Eleanor calls the police on the upstairs extension.
(b) Chuck sneaks in the basement door.
(c) Dan slips poison into the men's coffee.
(d) Ralphie slips down the side stairwell.
10. What does Dan want to do?
(a) Flip the main circuit breaker.
(b) Initiate a gunfight.
(c) Have his family escape out the window.
(d) Call the police on his scanner.
11. Why is Bard fearful of the man mentioned in the wire report?
(a) The man once wounded Bard very badly.
(b) The man is Bard's psychopathic brother.
(c) The man is serial murderer.
(d) The man has sworn revenge on Bard.
12. What advice does Dan give Ralphie?
(a) Sometimes it's better to be scared than foolish.
(b) To keep his mouth shut and cooperate.
(c) To try to escape out his bedroom window.
(d) To try to knock over one of the men.
13. What happens when Cindy goes inside her home?
(a) Her dad tells her to go upstairs.
(b) The drunken Robish begins to make advances.
(c) Griffin asks her to come with them.
(d) Her brother runs up and hugs her.
14. Where do the men want to go?
15. Who is the last one to arrive at the Hilliard home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dan realize that something is wrong in his house?
2. Who is Chuck?
3. What outrages Dan?
4. Who is Samuel Robish?
5. Who do the police hope will lead them to the men for whom they are searching?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)