|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Dan give Ralphie?
(a) To try to knock over one of the men.
(b) To try to escape out his bedroom window.
(c) To keep his mouth shut and cooperate.
(d) Sometimes it's better to be scared than foolish.
2. What does Chuck manage to do while the convicts are arguing?
(a) Get away from the house after looking in the back windows.
(b) Crawl to the house and let himself in.
(c) Radio the cops that he's going in.
(d) Chuck is in jail after being mistakenly picked up by the police.
3. What concerns Dan about his letter?
(a) That the police never receives it.
(b) That his letter or something he has done has brought his family closer to danger.
(c) That he misspelled some crucial words in the letter.
(d) That the police suspect Dan of aiding the convicts.
4. What does the person want?
(a) To sell a vacuum cleaner.
(b) A check for garbage collection.
(c) To see if Dan is home.
(d) To ask about any suspicious people in the neighborhood.
5. Of what are the police afraid?
(a) That Chuck's gun adds another element of danger to an already volatile situation.
(b) That Dan and Cindy will aid the convicts in escaping.
(c) That the convicts will tire of the wait and kill everyone.
(d) That Flint will tip their hand too soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dan lose control?
2. What helps the detectives retrace Mr. Patterson's steps earlier in the day?
3. What does Ralphie's teacher do about Ralphie?
4. Who does Griffin send to pick up the package?
5. To what does Eleanor tend?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)