• The Desperate Hours is a three-act play about the terror inflicted on a suburban Indianapolis family by three escaped convicts.
• As the play begins, a deputy sheriff named Jesse Bard is arriving for his morning shift at the Indianapolis sheriff's department.
• Everything seems quiet until another deputy named Winston reads a wire report about a jailbreak in nearby Terre Haute.
• Winston in unmoved by the report, but the name of one of the escapees, Glenn Griffin, strikes fear in Bard, on whom Griffin has sworn revenge.
• An F.B.I. agent named Carson has heard about the jailbreak and arrives at the sheriff's office to help out in the situation.
• The play transitions to the home of Dan and Eleanor Hilliard, who are going about their usual morning routine.
• One of the Hilliard children, twenty-year-old Cindy, is preparing for her work day at a downtown law firm...
This section contains 2,459 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)