|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Sophie and Otto work together to do in the book?
2. What does Claire's apartment remind Sophie of?
3. What did the cat do when it got into the box?
4. Who is the first person Sophie calls after leaving Claire's house?
5. What does Sophie dream about when she sleeps after her husband comes home from the ASPCA?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sophie dream about after the cat is captured?
2. What does Otto suggest to Sophie when they return home from Flynders?
3. What does Leon say about society?
4. What does Sophie do while the cat is taken to the ASPCA?
5. What does Sophie witness while waiting to get her prescriptions filled?
6. What does Otto feel determined to do after the hospital visit and why?
7. What caused the split in the business partnership between Charlie and Otto?
8. What does Sophie do after calling some hospitals? Why?
9. What does Otto promise to do for Sophie when they return from the hospital?
10. What does the black man at the front door need from the Bentwoods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sophie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What is the dynamic of Leon and Claire's relationship? How does this affect Sophie's opinion of them?
Essay Topic 3
There are many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols? How does their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)