|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sophie have to sleep so much after going out with Charlie?
2. Why did Sophie eventually tell her husband about the bite wound?
3. What insult does Sophie give Charlie?
4. What did Otto chide Sophie for doing with the cat?
5. Where did Sophie see the cat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sophie hear when Otto goes back to sleep after being woken up at 3:00 am?
2. Why does Sophie wake up at 3:00 am?
3. What does Sophie talk to Otto about when she wakes him up at 3:00 am?
4. What does Sophie say had changed about her with age?
5. What secret does Charlie tell Sophie about his wife?
6. How does Sophie compare Otto and Charlie?
7. Why did Sophie tell Charlie she had not seen a doctor about her hand yet?
8. What did the playwright at the party say about the old and young generations at the party?
9. Why does Otto not like Tanya?
10. What does Charlie say when Sophie tells him about the cat bite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What caused the end of the business relationship between Charlie and Otto? How does this severed relationship affect their spouses?
Essay Topic 2
Sophie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What happened between Sophie and the cat? How does this interaction shape the course of this plot?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)