|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the wound have to be reported to the police?
(a) She was injured by a wild animal.
(b) It looks like spousal abuse.
(c) It is serious.
(d) She waited too long to have it looked at.
2. What upsets Sophie most about her hospital visit?
(a) A man died.
(b) The cat will be killed.
(c) She has to get shots.
(d) She waited too long.
3. How long did Sophie and Otto have to wait in the waiting room?
(a) Four hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Three hours.
4. How does Sophie describe Claire's kitchen?
(b) All of these.
5. What did the hospital attendant tell Sophie?
(a) She will be seen soon.
(b) She should have come in sooner.
(c) She has been on his mind.
(d) She will be fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie hope will happen when she and Otto flirt?
2. What is the waiting room compared to?
3. How much money does Otto give the black man?
4. What does Sophie dream about when she sleeps after her husband comes home from the ASPCA?
5. Who is the first person Sophie calls after leaving Claire's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Bentwoods catch the cat?
2. How does Sophie feel when she leaves Claire's house?
3. What does Leon say about society?
4. What does Otto feel determined to do after the hospital visit and why?
5. What is happening in Otto's front yard after Sophie's night with Charlie? What does he do about it?
6. What did Sophie dream about after the cat is captured?
7. What did a hospital attendant and a nurse criticize Sophie for doing?
8. What does the black man at the front door need from the Bentwoods?
9. What do the Bentwoods find when they get to their vacation home?
10. What does Sophie do while the cat is taken to the ASPCA?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)