|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie say Charlie has a hard time doing?
(a) Understanding others.
(b) Confronting people.
(c) Disappointing people.
(d) Managing money.
2. What is Otto obsessed with in Chapter 12?
(a) A passage by Thoreau.
(b) Buying new neck ties.
(c) Helping the poor.
(d) Proving he is more important than Otto.
3. What does the black man need money for?
(a) Old debts.
(b) Train fare.
(c) Hospital bills.
(d) Medical treatment.
4. What is the first thing Sophie and Otto work together to do in the book?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) File a complaint.
(d) Catch the cat.
5. What is Sophie doing when Otto comes home after Sophie's lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Otto say Charlie manipulates people?
2. Where did Sophie receive her shots?
3. Where do the Bentwoods own a second home?
4. What is Cynthia's last name?
5. What does Sophie say she craves because she has been spoiled?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Tom? Why does he say the Bentwoods are lucky?
2. How did Otto find out about Sophie and Charlie going out? What is his response to this?
3. Why does Sophie realize Charlie spoke to her instead of to Otto?
4. What does Otto promise to do for Sophie when they return from the hospital?
5. What does Sophie do while the cat is taken to the ASPCA?
6. What do the Bentwoods find when they get to their vacation home?
7. How did the Bentwoods catch the cat?
8. What does Otto feel determined to do after the hospital visit and why?
9. What is the relationship like between Claire and Leon?
10. What does Leon say about society?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)