|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Bentwoods own a second home?
2. What does Sophie say Charlie has a hard time doing?
(a) Disappointing people.
(b) Confronting people.
(c) Managing money.
(d) Understanding others.
3. What time of day does Otto see a man in his front yard?
4. What did Sophie feel like she was doing when she went out to lunch with a friend?
(a) Finally living.
(b) Betraying Otto.
(c) Fulfilling her dreams.
5. What time does Otto begin talking to Sophie after seeing someone in his yard?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Otto want to do before fulfilling his promise to Sophie?
2. How did Otto feel while in business with Charlie?
3. How many people live in Flynders in the summer?
4. How long did Sophie and Otto have to wait in the waiting room?
5. What is the first thing Sophie and Otto work together to do in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Haynes? How is his home described?
2. Whom does Sophie call after leaving Claire's house and before going to her own?
3. What do the Bentwoods find when they get to their vacation home?
4. What does Otto feel determined to do after the hospital visit and why?
5. Why does Sophie realize Charlie spoke to her instead of to Otto?
6. What does Claire tell Sophie she and Leon do when he stays over?
7. How does Sophie feel when she leaves Claire's house?
8. What does Sophie witness while waiting to get her prescriptions filled?
9. What did Sophie dream about after the cat is captured?
10. What does Otto promise to do for Sophie when they return from the hospital?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)