|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of liver does Otto buy?
2. What is the name of Claire's ex-husband?
3. How long did Sophie and Otto have to wait in the waiting room?
(a) Four hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two hours.
4. How does Claire describe her financial situation when she first got married?
(a) Above average for their age.
(b) Poor in money, rich in spirit.
(c) Youthful poverty.
(d) Stuck in the middle.
5. What did the hospital attendant tell Sophie?
(a) She has been on his mind.
(b) She should have come in sooner.
(c) She will be fine.
(d) She will be seen soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week did Sophie go out to lunch with a friend?
2. What does Sophie say Charlie has a hard time doing?
3. Who is the first person Sophie calls after leaving Claire's house?
4. What did Otto want to do before fulfilling his promise to Sophie?
5. How is the hospital ambiance described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening in Otto's front yard after Sophie's night with Charlie? What does he do about it?
2. How does Sophie feel when she leaves Claire's house?
3. What does Otto promise to do for Sophie when they return from the hospital?
4. How did the Bentwoods catch the cat?
5. What does Otto suggest to Sophie when they return home from Flynders?
6. What does the black man at the front door need from the Bentwoods?
7. What caused the split in the business partnership between Charlie and Otto?
8. What does Claire tell Sophie she and Leon do when he stays over?
9. Who is Mr. Haynes? How is his home described?
10. Why does Sophie realize Charlie spoke to her instead of to Otto?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)