|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Otto think Sophie should do about her wound after seeing someone in his yard?
(a) Let him treat it.
(b) Clean it and let it heal.
(c) See a surgeon.
(d) Go to a doctor.
2. What does Sophie say she craves because she has been spoiled?
(d) Bodily pleasures.
3. What day did Sophie find out what happened to the cat?
4. What distracts Sophie from going to the hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) Otto's complaints.
(b) The black man.
(c) Their dinner plans.
(d) Her pain.
5. What does the bell ringing in the hospital mean?
(a) Someone has died.
(b) Business hours are over.
(c) An emergency patient is coming.
(d) There is an infectious disease there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire send home to give to Otto?
2. What is the man in Otto's front yard doing?
3. Where does Sophie get her prescription filled?
4. How does Sophie describe Claire's ex-husband?
5. What word does Sophie use to describe her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Haynes? How is his home described?
2. What does Otto suggest to Sophie when they return home from Flynders?
3. What does Sophie do while the cat is taken to the ASPCA?
4. What does Leon say about society?
5. What is happening in Otto's front yard after Sophie's night with Charlie? What does he do about it?
6. What does the black man at the front door need from the Bentwoods?
7. What does Sophie do after calling some hospitals? Why?
8. What does Otto promise to do for Sophie when they return from the hospital?
9. What did a hospital attendant and a nurse criticize Sophie for doing?
10. Why does Sophie realize Charlie spoke to her instead of to Otto?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)