|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sophie doing when Otto comes home after Sophie's lunch?
2. What is the waiting room compared to?
(a) A prison.
(b) A courtroom.
(c) A bus station.
(d) An asylum.
3. What is strange about the man in Otto's front yard?
(a) All of these.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is black.
(d) He is naked.
4. Why did Sophie have to wait to be treated at the hospital?
(a) They do not have a lot of money.
(b) They requested a larger treatment room.
(c) Their doctor is busy.
(d) Her wound is not serious.
5. What does Sophie dream about when she sleeps after her husband comes home from the ASPCA?
(a) Getting bit by the cat.
(b) The vacation home.
(c) A play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the hospital attendant tell Sophie?
2. What is the name of Claire's ex-husband?
3. How is the hospital ambiance described?
4. Whose idea is it to dissolve the partnership between Otto and Charlie?
5. What did the cat do when it got into the box?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sophie do after calling some hospitals? Why?
2. How did the Bentwoods catch the cat?
3. What does Sophie hear as she leaves the hospital? Why does this upset her?
4. What does Claire tell Sophie she and Leon do when he stays over?
5. Who is Mr. Haynes? How is his home described?
6. Who is Tom? Why does he say the Bentwoods are lucky?
7. What does Sophie hope will happen when she flirts with Otto? What comes of it?
8. What does Otto suggest to Sophie when they return home from Flynders?
9. What caused the split in the business partnership between Charlie and Otto?
10. Whom does Sophie call after leaving Claire's house and before going to her own?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)