|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Haynes do for the Bentwoods?
(a) Watch over the house in Flynders.
(b) Keep legal records in line for the Flynders property.
(c) Let out the Flynders house for money.
(d) Stock the Flynders house with food.
2. What did Otto want to do before fulfilling his promise to Sophie?
(a) Redecorate his office.
(b) Finish his work.
(c) Catch the cat.
(d) Reconcile with Charlie.
3. What does Sophie say Charlie has a hard time doing?
(a) Disappointing people.
(b) Understanding others.
(c) Managing money.
(d) Confronting people.
4. How many people permanently live in Flynders?
5. How many people live in Flynders in the summer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Claire's ex-husband?
2. How does Charlie describe life?
3. Who is the second person Sophie calls after leaving Claire's house?
4. What is the name of Cynthia's husband?
5. What does the black man need money for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sophie hear as she leaves the hospital? Why does this upset her?
2. What did Sophie dream about after the cat is captured?
3. How did the Bentwoods catch the cat?
4. What does Sophie do while the cat is taken to the ASPCA?
5. What does Otto suggest to Sophie when they return home from Flynders?
6. Who is Mr. Haynes? How is his home described?
7. What do the Bentwoods find when they get to their vacation home?
8. Whom does Sophie call after leaving Claire's house and before going to her own?
9. What does Sophie witness while waiting to get her prescriptions filled?
10. Why does Sophie realize Charlie spoke to her instead of to Otto?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)