|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claire's ex-husband describe his new wife?
(d) All of these.
2. Where does Sophie get her prescription filled?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A drug store.
(c) A pharmacy.
(d) Her doctor's office.
3. What is Sophie doing when Otto comes home after Sophie's lunch?
4. What is the first thing Sophie and Otto work together to do in the book?
(a) Make dinner.
(c) File a complaint.
(d) Catch the cat.
5. What does the bell ringing in the hospital mean?
(a) Someone has died.
(b) Business hours are over.
(c) There is an infectious disease there.
(d) An emergency patient is coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie say she craves because she has been spoiled?
2. Why does Cynthia seek out Otto's help?
3. What does Sophie feel guilty about after going to the hospital?
4. How many people live in Flynders in the summer?
5. What does Claire's apartment remind Sophie of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sophie realize Charlie spoke to her instead of to Otto?
2. How does Sophie feel when she leaves Claire's house?
3. What is the relationship like between Claire and Leon?
4. What does Sophie do while the cat is taken to the ASPCA?
5. What does Sophie witness while waiting to get her prescriptions filled?
6. What do the Bentwoods find when they get to their vacation home?
7. What caused the split in the business partnership between Charlie and Otto?
8. What is happening in Otto's front yard after Sophie's night with Charlie? What does he do about it?
9. How did the Bentwoods catch the cat?
10. What does Otto suggest to Sophie when they return home from Flynders?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)