|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Sophie and Otto have to wait in the waiting room?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Three hours.
2. What is Sophie doing when Otto comes home after Sophie's lunch?
3. What does Sophie's father say people should do when speaking?
(a) Make a point.
(b) Be kind to others.
(c) Share a story.
(d) Support it with truth.
4. Where did Sophie go before having lunch with a friend?
(a) The park.
(b) Otto's office.
(c) Charlie's house.
(d) A store.
5. What did Sophie do to help her pain from the bite?
(b) Drank whiskey.
(c) Soaked her hand.
(d) Took some pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bell ringing in the hospital mean?
2. What is the man in Otto's front yard doing?
3. What is the name of Claire's ex-husband?
4. What does Sophie do while Otto visits the ASPCA?
5. What does Sophie dream about when she sleeps after her husband comes home from the ASPCA?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sophie do while the cat is taken to the ASPCA?
2. How did Otto find out about Sophie and Charlie going out? What is his response to this?
3. What does Claire tell Sophie she and Leon do when he stays over?
4. What is the relationship like between Claire and Leon?
5. Who is Mr. Haynes? How is his home described?
6. What caused the split in the business partnership between Charlie and Otto?
7. What did a hospital attendant and a nurse criticize Sophie for doing?
8. Why does Sophie realize Charlie spoke to her instead of to Otto?
9. How does Sophie feel when she leaves Claire's house?
10. What does Sophie hope will happen when she flirts with Otto? What comes of it?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)