|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie say Charlie has a hard time doing?
(a) Understanding others.
(b) Managing money.
(c) Disappointing people.
(d) Confronting people.
2. How does Sophie describe Claire's kitchen?
(b) All of these.
3. What does Sophie think has spoiled her?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her good health.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her youth.
4. What time does Otto begin talking to Sophie after seeing someone in his yard?
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
5. What distracts Sophie from going to the hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) Their dinner plans.
(b) Her pain.
(c) The black man.
(d) Otto's complaints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie hope will happen when she and Otto flirt?
2. Where did Sophie receive her shots?
3. Who does Cynthia's husband have a fascination with?
4. How many people live in Flynders in the summer?
5. What is the name of Claire's ex-husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a hospital attendant and a nurse criticize Sophie for doing?
2. What does Otto feel determined to do after the hospital visit and why?
3. What does Sophie hear as she leaves the hospital? Why does this upset her?
4. What do the Bentwoods find when they get to their vacation home?
5. What is happening in Otto's front yard after Sophie's night with Charlie? What does he do about it?
6. What caused the split in the business partnership between Charlie and Otto?
7. What does Leon say about society?
8. How did Otto find out about Sophie and Charlie going out? What is his response to this?
9. Why does Sophie realize Charlie spoke to her instead of to Otto?
10. What does Otto promise to do for Sophie when they return from the hospital?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)