|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie think has spoiled her?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her youth.
(c) Her good health.
(d) Her beauty.
2. Who did Sophie have lunch with after her night with Charlie?
3. What does Mr. Haynes do for the Bentwoods?
(a) Let out the Flynders house for money.
(b) Keep legal records in line for the Flynders property.
(c) Watch over the house in Flynders.
(d) Stock the Flynders house with food.
4. What did Sophie feel like she was doing when she went out to lunch with a friend?
(a) Finally living.
(c) Betraying Otto.
(d) Fulfilling her dreams.
5. What does the black man need money for?
(a) Medical treatment.
(b) Hospital bills.
(c) Train fare.
(d) Old debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Otto feel when the cat got into the box?
2. What did Otto want to do before fulfilling his promise to Sophie?
3. Why did the wound have to be reported to the police?
4. What time of day does Otto see a man in his front yard?
5. Who is the second person Sophie calls after leaving Claire's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Sophie call after leaving Claire's house and before going to her own?
2. What is the relationship like between Claire and Leon?
3. What does Otto suggest to Sophie when they return home from Flynders?
4. Who is Mr. Haynes? How is his home described?
5. What did Sophie dream about after the cat is captured?
6. Why does Sophie realize Charlie spoke to her instead of to Otto?
7. How did the Bentwoods catch the cat?
8. How does Sophie feel when she leaves Claire's house?
9. What did a hospital attendant and a nurse criticize Sophie for doing?
10. What do the Bentwoods find when they get to their vacation home?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)