|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sophie and Otto almost fight about after the man is seen in the yard?
(a) Speaking with Francis.
(b) Watching the man.
(c) The cat bite.
(d) Hiring Charlie back.
2. How did Otto feel when the cat got into the box?
3. How does Sophie describe Claire's kitchen?
(d) All of these.
4. Who is the second person Sophie calls after leaving Claire's house?
5. Why does Otto buy a bunch of liver?
(a) To lure the cat in.
(b) To make a meal for Sophie.
(c) To help heal Sophie.
(d) To start a new diet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Otto feel while in business with Charlie?
2. What does Claire send home to give to Otto?
3. What is the name of Claire's ex-husband?
4. What did Sophie feel like she was doing when she went out to lunch with a friend?
5. What did the cat do when it got into the box?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Sophie call after leaving Claire's house and before going to her own?
2. What is the relationship like between Claire and Leon?
3. Why does Sophie realize Charlie spoke to her instead of to Otto?
4. Who is Mr. Haynes? How is his home described?
5. What does Leon say about society?
6. What does Otto suggest to Sophie when they return home from Flynders?
7. How did Otto find out about Sophie and Charlie going out? What is his response to this?
8. What does Sophie hear as she leaves the hospital? Why does this upset her?
9. What does the black man at the front door need from the Bentwoods?
10. What does Otto feel determined to do after the hospital visit and why?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)