|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Otto buy a bunch of liver?
(a) To make a meal for Sophie.
(b) To lure the cat in.
(c) To help heal Sophie.
(d) To start a new diet.
2. How much money does Otto give the black man?
3. What does Sophie feel guilty about after going to the hospital?
(a) Killing the cat.
(b) Taking so long to be treated.
(c) Betraying Otto.
(d) Wasting money.
4. Why does Cynthia seek out Otto's help?
(a) Her father died without leaving a will.
(b) Her son is in prison because of a frame job.
(c) She is being sued by her neighbor.
(d) Her husband is beating her.
5. What does Sophie say she craves because she has been spoiled?
(a) Bodily pleasures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Sophie have lunch with after her night with Charlie?
2. What is the man in Otto's front yard doing?
3. What does Sophie say Charlie has a hard time doing?
4. How does Claire describe her financial situation when she first got married?
5. How does Sophie describe Claire's kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the black man at the front door need from the Bentwoods?
2. What does Otto feel determined to do after the hospital visit and why?
3. What does Sophie hope will happen when she flirts with Otto? What comes of it?
4. What did a hospital attendant and a nurse criticize Sophie for doing?
5. What does Claire tell Sophie she and Leon do when he stays over?
6. What does Otto promise to do for Sophie when they return from the hospital?
7. How did the Bentwoods catch the cat?
8. What does Sophie hear as she leaves the hospital? Why does this upset her?
9. What do the Bentwoods find when they get to their vacation home?
10. What does Otto suggest to Sophie when they return home from Flynders?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)