|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Otto want to do before fulfilling his promise to Sophie?
(a) Finish his work.
(b) Redecorate his office.
(c) Catch the cat.
(d) Reconcile with Charlie.
2. What does Mr. Haynes do for the Bentwoods?
(a) Let out the Flynders house for money.
(b) Watch over the house in Flynders.
(c) Keep legal records in line for the Flynders property.
(d) Stock the Flynders house with food.
3. Where do the Bentwoods own a second home?
4. Why does Cynthia seek out Otto's help?
(a) She is being sued by her neighbor.
(b) Her husband is beating her.
(c) Her son is in prison because of a frame job.
(d) Her father died without leaving a will.
5. How much money does Otto give the black man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire's apartment remind Sophie of?
2. What did Sophie do to help her pain from the bite?
3. What is strange about the man in Otto's front yard?
4. How did Otto feel when he heard Sophie went out with Charlie?
5. Who is the second person Sophie calls after leaving Claire's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire tell Sophie she and Leon do when he stays over?
2. What did Sophie dream about after the cat is captured?
3. How did the Bentwoods catch the cat?
4. What do the Bentwoods find when they get to their vacation home?
5. Whom does Sophie call after leaving Claire's house and before going to her own?
6. What does Sophie do after calling some hospitals? Why?
7. What does Sophie witness while waiting to get her prescriptions filled?
8. Who is Mr. Haynes? How is his home described?
9. What is the relationship like between Claire and Leon?
10. What does the black man at the front door need from the Bentwoods?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)