|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day did Sophie find out what happened to the cat?
2. What is Otto obsessed with in Chapter 12?
(a) Helping the poor.
(b) Buying new neck ties.
(c) A passage by Thoreau.
(d) Proving he is more important than Otto.
3. Why did the wound have to be reported to the police?
(a) She waited too long to have it looked at.
(b) It is serious.
(c) It looks like spousal abuse.
(d) She was injured by a wild animal.
4. What does Claire's apartment remind Sophie of?
(a) A prison.
(b) The 1930s.
(c) A boarding school.
5. What upsets Sophie most about her hospital visit?
(a) The cat will be killed.
(b) A man died.
(c) She has to get shots.
(d) She waited too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Otto feel while in business with Charlie?
2. What did Sophie feel like she was doing when she went out to lunch with a friend?
3. How does Claire describe her financial situation when she first got married?
4. What is wrong with the black man's mother?
5. What time of day does Otto see a man in his front yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a hospital attendant and a nurse criticize Sophie for doing?
2. Who is Tom? Why does he say the Bentwoods are lucky?
3. What does Sophie do after calling some hospitals? Why?
4. How did Otto find out about Sophie and Charlie going out? What is his response to this?
5. What does Sophie do while the cat is taken to the ASPCA?
6. How did the Bentwoods catch the cat?
7. What does Leon say about society?
8. What did Sophie dream about after the cat is captured?
9. What does Sophie hear as she leaves the hospital? Why does this upset her?
10. What do the Bentwoods find when they get to their vacation home?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)