|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie think has spoiled her?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her good health.
(c) Her youth.
(d) Her beauty.
2. How many people live in Flynders in the summer?
3. How does Claire describe her financial situation when she first got married?
(a) Stuck in the middle.
(b) Poor in money, rich in spirit.
(c) Above average for their age.
(d) Youthful poverty.
4. What does Claire's apartment remind Sophie of?
(a) The 1930s.
(b) A boarding school.
(c) A prison.
5. What upsets Sophie most about her hospital visit?
(a) The cat will be killed.
(b) A man died.
(c) She waited too long.
(d) She has to get shots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Bentwoods own a second home?
2. How long did Sophie and Otto have to wait in the waiting room?
3. What is the name of Cynthia's husband?
4. What kind of liver does Otto buy?
5. What does Otto promise to do for Sophie when they get home from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Otto find out about Sophie and Charlie going out? What is his response to this?
2. What did a hospital attendant and a nurse criticize Sophie for doing?
3. What does Leon say about society?
4. Whom does Sophie call after leaving Claire's house and before going to her own?
5. What caused the split in the business partnership between Charlie and Otto?
6. What do the Bentwoods find when they get to their vacation home?
7. What is happening in Otto's front yard after Sophie's night with Charlie? What does he do about it?
8. Who is Tom? Why does he say the Bentwoods are lucky?
9. What does Sophie hope will happen when she flirts with Otto? What comes of it?
10. What does Otto suggest to Sophie when they return home from Flynders?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)