|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire send home to give to Otto?
(a) A ledger.
(b) A book.
(c) A crystal bowl.
(d) A record.
2. Why does Otto buy a bunch of liver?
(a) To lure the cat in.
(b) To start a new diet.
(c) To help heal Sophie.
(d) To make a meal for Sophie.
3. What is the waiting room compared to?
(a) An asylum.
(b) A prison.
(c) A courtroom.
(d) A bus station.
4. What does Sophie dream about when she sleeps after her husband comes home from the ASPCA?
(b) The vacation home.
(c) A play.
(d) Getting bit by the cat.
5. How does Sophie describe Claire's ex-husband?
(a) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Haynes do for the Bentwoods?
2. What did the cat do when it got into the box?
3. How did Otto feel when he heard Sophie went out with Charlie?
4. What does Sophie think has spoiled her?
5. Where does Sophie get her prescription filled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship like between Claire and Leon?
2. Who is Tom? Why does he say the Bentwoods are lucky?
3. How does Sophie feel when she leaves Claire's house?
4. How did Otto find out about Sophie and Charlie going out? What is his response to this?
5. What does the black man at the front door need from the Bentwoods?
6. Whom does Sophie call after leaving Claire's house and before going to her own?
7. What does Sophie hope will happen when she flirts with Otto? What comes of it?
8. What does Sophie hear as she leaves the hospital? Why does this upset her?
9. What does Otto feel determined to do after the hospital visit and why?
10. What does Leon say about society?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)