|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claire describe her financial situation when she first got married?
(a) Youthful poverty.
(b) Poor in money, rich in spirit.
(c) Stuck in the middle.
(d) Above average for their age.
2. Why did Sophie have to wait to be treated at the hospital?
(a) Her wound is not serious.
(b) Their doctor is busy.
(c) They do not have a lot of money.
(d) They requested a larger treatment room.
3. Who does Cynthia's husband have a fascination with?
4. What is the waiting room compared to?
(a) A prison.
(b) An asylum.
(c) A courtroom.
(d) A bus station.
5. Why does Otto buy a bunch of liver?
(a) To lure the cat in.
(b) To make a meal for Sophie.
(c) To start a new diet.
(d) To help heal Sophie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cynthia seek out Otto's help?
2. What is Sophie doing when Otto comes home after Sophie's lunch?
3. Where do the Bentwoods own a second home?
4. Who is the second person Sophie calls after leaving Claire's house?
5. What upsets Sophie most about her hospital visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening in Otto's front yard after Sophie's night with Charlie? What does he do about it?
2. What does Sophie hear as she leaves the hospital? Why does this upset her?
3. What does Otto promise to do for Sophie when they return from the hospital?
4. What does Otto suggest to Sophie when they return home from Flynders?
5. What does Otto feel determined to do after the hospital visit and why?
6. What does Claire tell Sophie she and Leon do when he stays over?
7. Who is Tom? Why does he say the Bentwoods are lucky?
8. What do the Bentwoods find when they get to their vacation home?
9. Why does Sophie realize Charlie spoke to her instead of to Otto?
10. What is the relationship like between Claire and Leon?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)