|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sophie have to wait to be treated at the hospital?
(a) Her wound is not serious.
(b) They do not have a lot of money.
(c) Their doctor is busy.
(d) They requested a larger treatment room.
2. What does Sophie's father say people should do when speaking?
(a) Make a point.
(b) Be kind to others.
(c) Share a story.
(d) Support it with truth.
3. What is the man in Otto's front yard doing?
4. How does Otto say Charlie manipulates people?
(a) Through false statements.
(b) Through self pity.
(c) Through flattery.
(d) Through money.
5. What upsets Sophie most about her hospital visit?
(a) The cat will be killed.
(b) She has to get shots.
(c) She waited too long.
(d) A man died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Otto see a man in his front yard?
2. How did Otto feel when he heard Sophie went out with Charlie?
3. Who is the first person Sophie calls after leaving Claire's house?
4. What does Sophie think has spoiled her?
5. Where do the Bentwoods own a second home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sophie do while the cat is taken to the ASPCA?
2. What does Leon say about society?
3. What does Sophie hear as she leaves the hospital? Why does this upset her?
4. How does Sophie feel when she leaves Claire's house?
5. How did the Bentwoods catch the cat?
6. What does Otto feel determined to do after the hospital visit and why?
7. What does Sophie witness while waiting to get her prescriptions filled?
8. Who is Mr. Haynes? How is his home described?
9. What caused the split in the business partnership between Charlie and Otto?
10. What does Sophie hope will happen when she flirts with Otto? What comes of it?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)