|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie say is Otto's worst quality?
(a) His pride.
(b) His insensitivity.
(c) His reserved nature.
(d) His ignorance.
2. Where did Charlie and Otto meet?
(c) The Navy.
(d) Grade school.
3. How many children does Francis have?
4. Where do the Holsteins live?
(a) The Bronx Mansions.
(b) Manhattan Projects.
(c) The Upper East Side.
(d) Brooklyn Heights.
5. What does Sophie do about her hand when she returns home after going out with Charlie?
(a) She soaks it.
(b) She changes the bandage.
(c) She puts a cold compress on it.
(d) She pours alcohol over it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Charlie and Sophie trying to buy early in the morning together?
2. Where did Sophie see the cat?
3. What does Charlie say will be destroyed when Otto and Charlie are no longer working together?
4. What annoys Otto about his neighborhood?
5. What was Sophie doing when the cat bit her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sophie and Otto feel about Flo?
2. Why does Sophie finally confess to her husband about the bite from the cat? What is his reaction?
3. Why is Otto so upset with his business partner at the beginning of the book?
4. What happens to the Bentwoods' house when they return from the party?
5. What did Sophie do when the cat bit her? Why?
6. Why did Sophie tell Charlie she had not seen a doctor about her hand yet?
7. Why did the Bentwoods never have children?
8. What does Charlie complain to Sophie about Bobby?
9. What does Sophie say had changed about her with age?
10. What did the playwright at the party say about the old and young generations at the party?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)