|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Otto do when he sees the cat at the door?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Chases him off.
(c) Throws the metal rod at it.
(d) Lets him in.
2. What is Alice's last name?
3. What does Sophie do about her hand when she returns home after going out with Charlie?
(a) She puts a cold compress on it.
(b) She soaks it.
(c) She pours alcohol over it.
(d) She changes the bandage.
4. What is the name of Sophie's former lover?
5. Why do the Bentwoods not have any children at the beginning of the book?
(a) They are waiting until they are more financially stable.
(b) They do not want any.
(c) Sophie cannot have any.
(d) Otto cannot have any.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attribute of Sophie's does Francis say he liked?
2. Who does Francis go to with his problems?
3. How did Otto feel about the party?
4. What does Sophie drink with Charlie?
5. What does Charlie say is Otto's worst quality?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sophie wake up at 3:00 am?
2. What does Charlie say when Sophie tells him about the cat bite?
3. What is a loving bleeder?
4. What does Mike offer to do for Sophie at the party? What is her response?
5. Why did Sophie feel so rushed to get home while she is out alone with Charlie?
6. Why did Sophie tell Charlie she had not seen a doctor about her hand yet?
7. Why did the affair with Francis end?
8. What happens to the Bentwoods' house when they return from the party?
9. What does Sophie hear when Otto goes back to sleep after being woken up at 3:00 am?
10. What does Sophie say when she compares Charlie and Francis?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)