|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What label does Sophie give her former lover?
(a) A giver.
(b) A living need.
(c) A loving bleeder.
(d) A healer.
2. What is the name of Mr. Bentwood's business partner?
3. What does Sophie say has been affected with her growing age?
(a) Her ability to forgive.
(b) Her future ambitions.
(c) Her sexual drive.
(d) Her ability to drink alcohol.
4. What does Sophie say her former lover gave to others freely?
5. Why did Sophie eventually tell her husband about the bite wound?
(a) She worries about it.
(b) She feels bad hiding it.
(c) He sees it.
(d) It gets painful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was thrown through the Holsteins' window?
2. Why do the Bentwoods not want to live in the Holsteins' neighborhood?
3. Why did Sophie not show her husband the bite from the cat?
4. What is Francis's apartment full of?
5. What are the Bentwoods doing at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sophie hear when Otto goes back to sleep after being woken up at 3:00 am?
2. Why is Otto so upset with his business partner at the beginning of the book?
3. Why did Sophie feel so rushed to get home while she is out alone with Charlie?
4. What does Mike offer to do for Sophie at the party? What is her response?
5. What did Sophie do when the cat bit her? Why?
6. What purchase did Sophie make at the beginning of the book?
7. Why did Sophie tell Charlie she had not seen a doctor about her hand yet?
8. What shows Sophie that her marriage was in serious trouble before her affair?
9. What does Sophie do when Otto complains about Charlie at the beginning of the book?
10. What did the playwright at the party say about the old and young generations at the party?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)