|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mr. Bentwood noticed about his neighborhood at the beginning of the book?
(a) Many neighbors are away on vacation.
(b) Some houses have been sold.
(c) Younger people are moving in.
(d) A few men have died.
2. What aches while Sophie is with Charlie?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her hand.
(d) Her heart.
3. What is the name of Mr. Bentwood's business partner?
4. What was Sophie doing when the cat bit her?
(a) Kicking it.
(b) Petting it.
(c) Talking to it.
(d) Feeding it.
5. What is Francis's apartment full of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Sophie wake up after the party?
2. Where did Charlie and Otto meet?
3. What does Sophie drink with Charlie?
4. What is the name of Mr. Holstein's son?
5. Who tells Sophie that her wound is nothing to worry about at the Holsteins' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sophie feel when she and Francis first touch?
2. Why did the Bentwoods never have children?
3. What does Sophie talk to Otto about when she wakes him up at 3:00 am?
4. Why does Sophie wake up at 3:00 am?
5. What does Sophie say about Francis as she falls asleep?
6. What does Mike offer to do for Sophie at the party? What is her response?
7. What does Sophie hear when Otto goes back to sleep after being woken up at 3:00 am?
8. Why did Sophie feel so rushed to get home while she is out alone with Charlie?
9. How do Francis and Sophie communicate during their affair?
10. What does Charlie say when Sophie tells him about the cat bite?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)