|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie say Sophie is enslaved by?
2. How many children does Francis have?
3. What are the Bentwoods doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Talking to friends.
(b) Writing a list.
(c) Reading the paper.
(d) Eating dinner.
4. What does Otto say inhabits all the houses in his neighborhood?
(b) Young couples.
(c) Older couples.
5. What kind of problem does Francis have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the cat bite Sophie?
2. How did Otto feel about the party?
3. Where did Sophie and Francis first meet alone?
4. What does Charlie say will be destroyed when Otto and Charlie are no longer working together?
5. How does Sophie say Otto compares with Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of law case does Otto refuse to take on and why?
2. What purchase did Sophie make at the beginning of the book?
3. Why did Sophie tell Charlie she had not seen a doctor about her hand yet?
4. What does Sophie say when she compares Charlie and Francis?
5. What bothers Otto about his neighborhood? Why?
6. What secret does Charlie tell Sophie about his wife?
7. Why does Sophie wake up at 3:00 am?
8. What does Charlie complain to Sophie about Bobby?
9. Why is Otto so upset with his business partner at the beginning of the book?
10. What secret did Sophie tell Mike at the Holsteins' party?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)