|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the cat bite Sophie?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her toe.
(d) Her hand.
2. What does Sophie try to do for Otto as they leave the Holsteins' house?
(a) Get him sleepy.
(b) Make him mad.
(c) Cheer him up.
(d) Calm him down.
3. What does Charlie say will be destroyed when Otto and Charlie are no longer working together?
(a) Her source of prosperity.
(b) Her hope of fun.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Her tie to the world.
4. What wakes Sophie up the morning after the party?
(a) Another broken window.
(b) The meowing of the cat.
(c) Her throbbing hand.
(d) An alarm.
5. What are Charlie and Sophie trying to buy early in the morning together?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sophie blame for being bitten by the cat?
2. What did Otto chide Sophie for doing with the cat?
3. What does Otto do when the telephone rings after something is thrown through the window?
4. How did Otto feel about the party?
5. What kind of problem does Francis have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sophie tell Charlie she had not seen a doctor about her hand yet?
2. Why is Otto so upset with his business partner at the beginning of the book?
3. What purchase did Sophie make at the beginning of the book?
4. What secret did Sophie tell Mike at the Holsteins' party?
5. What does Sophie say about Francis as she falls asleep?
6. How does Sophie feel when she and Francis first touch?
7. Why did the affair with Francis end?
8. What secret does Charlie tell Sophie about his wife?
9. What does Charlie say when Sophie tells him about the cat bite?
10. What is a loving bleeder?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)