|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie say she craves because she has been spoiled?
(b) Bodily pleasures.
2. How does Claire's ex-husband describe his new wife?
(d) All of these.
3. What does Otto think Sophie should do about her wound after seeing someone in his yard?
(a) Let him treat it.
(b) Go to a doctor.
(c) See a surgeon.
(d) Clean it and let it heal.
4. What is strange about the man in Otto's front yard?
(a) He is black.
(b) He is naked.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) All of these.
5. How much money does Otto give the black man?
6. What does Sophie feel guilty about after going to the hospital?
(a) Killing the cat.
(b) Taking so long to be treated.
(c) Betraying Otto.
(d) Wasting money.
7. What does Sophie do while Otto visits the ASPCA?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Takes her pill.
(c) Calls Francis.
8. Why did Sophie have to wait to be treated at the hospital?
(a) They requested a larger treatment room.
(b) Their doctor is busy.
(c) They do not have a lot of money.
(d) Her wound is not serious.
9. What does Sophie think has spoiled her?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her youth.
(c) Her good health.
(d) Her beauty.
10. How does Sophie feel after telling Otto about going out with Charlie?
11. What does Sophie hope will happen when she and Otto flirt?
(a) They will kiss.
(b) They will have sex.
(c) They will not fight.
(d) They will become a couple again.
12. What did Otto want to do before fulfilling his promise to Sophie?
(a) Redecorate his office.
(b) Catch the cat.
(c) Finish his work.
(d) Reconcile with Charlie.
13. How many people live in Flynders in the summer?
14. What did the hospital attendant tell Sophie?
(a) She will be seen soon.
(b) She will be fine.
(c) She should have come in sooner.
(d) She has been on his mind.
15. Where does Sophie get her prescription filled?
(a) Her doctor's office.
(b) A pharmacy.
(c) A drug store.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sophie doing when Otto comes home after Sophie's lunch?
2. What distracts Sophie from going to the hospital in Chapter 9?
3. How does Claire say she and her ex-husband spoke when they were first married?
4. What does the bell ringing in the hospital mean?
5. What day of the week did Sophie go out to lunch with a friend?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)