|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sophie do to help her pain from the bite?
(a) Took some pills.
(c) Soaked her hand.
(d) Drank whiskey.
2. What does Sophie say Charlie has a hard time doing?
(a) Confronting people.
(b) Managing money.
(c) Understanding others.
(d) Disappointing people.
3. What does Sophie do while Otto visits the ASPCA?
(a) Takes her pill.
(b) Calls Francis.
(c) Gets drunk.
4. How did Otto feel when the cat got into the box?
5. How does Sophie describe Claire's kitchen?
(b) All of these.
6. What day did Sophie find out what happened to the cat?
7. What part of town does Sophie think is rather ugly?
(d) The Upper East Side.
8. What is the first thing Sophie and Otto work together to do in the book?
(a) File a complaint.
(b) Make dinner.
(c) Catch the cat.
9. How did Otto feel while in business with Charlie?
10. What does Mr. Haynes do for the Bentwoods?
(a) Keep legal records in line for the Flynders property.
(b) Let out the Flynders house for money.
(c) Stock the Flynders house with food.
(d) Watch over the house in Flynders.
11. Why did the wound have to be reported to the police?
(a) It is serious.
(b) It looks like spousal abuse.
(c) She waited too long to have it looked at.
(d) She was injured by a wild animal.
12. What does Claire's apartment remind Sophie of?
(b) A prison.
(c) The 1930s.
(d) A boarding school.
13. What does Sophie say she craves because she has been spoiled?
(b) Bodily pleasures.
14. What time does Otto begin talking to Sophie after seeing someone in his yard?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 a.m.
15. How many people permanently live in Flynders?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Otto obsessed with in Chapter 12?
2. What is the man in Otto's front yard doing?
3. What is wrong with the black man's mother?
4. What do Sophie and Otto almost fight about after the man is seen in the yard?
5. Who is the first person Sophie calls after leaving Claire's house?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)