|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sophie feel like she was doing when she went out to lunch with a friend?
(b) Fulfilling her dreams.
(c) Finally living.
(d) Betraying Otto.
2. What distracts Sophie from going to the hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) Her pain.
(b) Their dinner plans.
(c) The black man.
(d) Otto's complaints.
3. Why does Otto buy a bunch of liver?
(a) To help heal Sophie.
(b) To start a new diet.
(c) To make a meal for Sophie.
(d) To lure the cat in.
4. How does Sophie describe Claire's ex-husband?
(d) All of these.
5. Where did Sophie go before having lunch with a friend?
(a) Otto's office.
(b) The park.
(c) A store.
(d) Charlie's house.
6. How did Otto feel when he heard Sophie went out with Charlie?
7. What is the name of Claire's ex-husband?
8. What does Claire send home to give to Otto?
(a) A book.
(b) A ledger.
(c) A crystal bowl.
(d) A record.
9. What does Claire's apartment remind Sophie of?
(b) The 1930s.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A prison.
10. Where does Sophie get her prescription filled?
(a) Her doctor's office.
(b) A drug store.
(c) The hospital.
(d) A pharmacy.
11. What did the cat do when it got into the box?
(a) Growled and spit.
(b) Soiled itself.
(c) All of these.
(d) Fell asleep.
12. What does Sophie hope will happen when she and Otto flirt?
(a) They will not fight.
(b) They will kiss.
(c) They will have sex.
(d) They will become a couple again.
13. What kind of liver does Otto buy?
14. What is the waiting room compared to?
(a) A bus station.
(b) A courtroom.
(c) A prison.
(d) An asylum.
15. How does Otto say Charlie manipulates people?
(a) Through self pity.
(b) Through false statements.
(c) Through money.
(d) Through flattery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie's father say people should do when speaking?
2. How is the hospital ambiance described?
3. What is the first thing Sophie and Otto work together to do in the book?
4. How many people permanently live in Flynders?
5. What did Sophie do to help her pain from the bite?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)