|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shot does Otto think Sophie needs when he sees her hand?
2. What does Charlie offer to do when he sees Sophie's cat bite?
(a) Take her to the hospital.
(b) Treat it himself.
(c) Steal her some medicine.
(d) Kill the cat.
3. What is Francis's occupation?
4. What does Sophie watch Otto do when she gets home from her outing with Charlie?
5. What does Otto say inhabits all the houses in his neighborhood?
(a) Older couples.
(b) Young couples.
6. What aches while Sophie is with Charlie?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her hand.
(d) Her heart.
7. What kind of problem does Francis have?
8. What is Francis's apartment full of?
9. Where does Charlie get into a public argument?
(a) A park.
(b) A bar.
(c) A market.
(d) A courthouse.
10. What is Charlie's occupation?
11. How does Otto describe Mrs. Holstein?
12. Why do the Bentwoods not have any children at the beginning of the book?
(a) Sophie cannot have any.
(b) Otto cannot have any.
(c) They do not want any.
(d) They are waiting until they are more financially stable.
13. Why did Sophie not show her husband the bite from the cat?
(a) They will be late for dinner.
(b) He will make fun of her.
(c) He will make her go to the doctor.
(d) They will have a fight.
14. How old are the Bentwoods in this book?
(a) In their 20's.
(b) In their 30's.
(c) In their 40's.
(d) In their 50's.
15. What do the Bentwoods do simultaneously at the beginning of the book?
(a) Sign their names.
(b) Open their papers.
(d) Pull out their chairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Sophie's friends does Otto like the best?
2. What annoys Otto about his neighborhood?
3. Why do the Bentwoods not want to live in the Holsteins' neighborhood?
4. How did Otto feel about the party?
5. What does Mrs. Holstein like about the young generation?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)