|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his business partner's attributes does Mr. Bentwood hate the most?
(a) His melodrama.
(b) His cowardice.
(c) His impetuousness.
(d) His unintelligence.
2. What did one of Sophie's friends once try to do to Otto?
(a) Seduce him.
(b) Accuse him.
(c) Manipulate him.
(d) Rob him.
3. What is Francis's occupation?
4. How did Otto feel about the party?
(a) It was boring.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He was confused by it.
(d) He enjoyed it.
5. What attribute of Sophie's does Francis say he liked?
(a) Her honesty.
(b) Her naivete.
(c) Her ambition.
(d) Her innocence.
6. What does Charlie say is Otto's worst quality?
(a) His reserved nature.
(b) His pride.
(c) His insensitivity.
(d) His ignorance.
7. Why do the Bentwoods go to the Holsteins' house at the beginning of the book?
(a) To borrow a book.
(b) To find a lost trinket.
(c) To attend a meeting.
(d) To have dinner.
8. How does Sophie wake up Otto after the party?
(a) She shakes his arm.
(b) She rings a bell.
(c) She shoves his back.
(d) She kisses his neck.
9. Who does Francis go to with his problems?
10. Where did Sophie go shopping at the beginning of the book?
(a) The mills.
(b) A jewelry boutique.
(c) An antique shop.
(d) The marketplace.
11. Who does Sophie blame for being bitten by the cat?
(a) The maid.
(c) The cat.
12. What is Mr. Holstein's first name?
13. How does Sophie say Otto compares with Charlie?
(a) He is the opposite.
(b) He is the same.
(c) He is a weaker substitute.
(d) He is an older version.
14. What does Otto do when the telephone rings after something is thrown through the window?
(a) He faints.
(b) He cuts the cord.
(c) He answers it.
(d) He does not answer it.
15. What did Mr. Bentwood's business partner do at the beginning of the book that is very upsetting?
(a) Fired a secretary.
(b) Brought in a new partner.
(c) Moved to a new office.
(d) Made a new deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What label does Sophie give her former lover?
2. What was Sophie doing when the cat bit her?
3. What is the name of Charlie's wife?
4. What does Sophie watch Otto do when she gets home from her outing with Charlie?
5. What is the name of Sophie's former lover?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)