|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mr. Bentwood noticed about his neighborhood at the beginning of the book?
(a) Some houses have been sold.
(b) A few men have died.
(c) Many neighbors are away on vacation.
(d) Younger people are moving in.
2. Whose idea is it to dissolve the partnership between Otto and Charlie?
3. How does Otto say Charlie manipulates people?
(a) Through flattery.
(b) Through false statements.
(c) Through self pity.
(d) Through money.
4. What did the hospital attendant tell Sophie?
(a) She has been on his mind.
(b) She will be seen soon.
(c) She will be fine.
(d) She should have come in sooner.
5. What time does Sophie wake up after the party?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 6:00 a.m.
(c) 5:00 a.m.
(d) 4:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of town does Sophie think is rather ugly?
2. What time does Otto begin talking to Sophie after seeing someone in his yard?
3. Why did Sophie not show her husband the bite from the cat?
4. How many people live in Flynders in the summer?
5. What was Sophie doing when the cat bit her?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)