|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie say has been affected with her growing age?
(a) Her future ambitions.
(b) Her ability to forgive.
(c) Her sexual drive.
(d) Her ability to drink alcohol.
2. What is Sophie distracted about while she and her husband head to the Holsteins' house?
(a) Her wound.
(b) Her modest dress.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her headache.
3. What does Sophie do when the telephone rings after something is thrown through the window?
(a) She answers it.
(b) She faints.
(c) She does not answer it.
(d) She cuts the cord.
4. Where did Sophie first meet Francis?
(a) At a theater.
(b) At a park.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At Otto's office.
5. What is Mr. Holstein's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sophie not want to go to the Holsteins' house at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Mrs. Holstein's first name?
3. What is the name of Mr. Holstein's son?
4. Why do the Bentwoods not have any children at the beginning of the book?
5. Why do the Bentwoods not want to live in the Holsteins' neighborhood?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)