|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maturin decide to do with Wogan?
(a) Have an affair with her.
(b) Use her to plant false information.
(c) Let her go to South America.
(d) Let her stay pregnant.
2. For how long does Putnam loan the forge?
(a) Two days.
(b) A few hours.
(c) One day.
(d) A week.
3. Who does Maturin stop from going after Herapath?
4. What does Larkin do during lunch one day?
(a) Rapes Wogan.
(b) Throws his food at Aubrey.
(c) Murders Howard.
(d) Throws Herapath overboard.
5. Why do many of the crew drop out of work?
(b) Lack of food.
(c) Lack of water.
6. What does Maturin do right after the Dutch ship sinks?
(a) Has Parker put in irons.
(b) Writes in his journal.
(c) Tends to Aubrey's wounds.
(d) Locks Wogan in her quarters.
7. What does Grant constantly do that drives Aubrey crazy?
(a) Makes a commentary on Aubrey's actions.
(b) Fraternizes with the sailors.
(c) Pursues Wogan.
(d) Reports to sick bay for tiny scratches.
8. What changes in the ship's situation when the water pouring in slows down?
(a) The ship begins to move.
(b) The ship begins to float.
(c) They can quit using the pumps.
(d) The pumps can keep up with the inflow.
9. Why does the Waakzaamheid finally sink?
(a) She is thrown broadside to the waves.
(b) She runs into the rocks.
(c) Leopard puts a hole in her below water line.
(d) She catches on fire.
10. Who often goes with Maturin when he explores the area?
(a) Bonden and Wogan.
(b) Bonden and Herapath.
(c) Wogan and Pullings.
(d) Aubrey and Babbington.
11. What does Aubrey do after the ship is repaired?
(a) Tries to remount the rudder.
(b) Starts storing food.
(c) Recovers from his injuries.
(d) Fills all the fresh water casks.
12. What does Aubrey explain to Maturin at dinner?
(a) How he plans to escape Waakzaamheid.
(b) How he plans to get the prisoners to Botany Bay.
(c) How their position is too far east.
(d) How he plans to get back to England.
13. What type of wildlife is in abundance on Desolation Island?
(b) Small mammals.
14. About what does Babbington warn Grant?
(a) Low rations.
(b) Lack of fresh water.
(c) Heading too far east.
(d) Dangerous nautical conditions.
15. What does Leopard miss within eyesight?
(a) Cape Town.
(c) Port Jackson.
(d) A large ice island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the ship's forge?
2. Who is Peggy Barnes?
3. What does Aubrey have the crew doing at the end of Chapter 8?
4. How well did Grant perform in combat?
5. What does Herapath tell Maturin about Wogan?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)