|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the officer Aubrey is having trouble with?
(a) Second mate Linemen.
(b) Lt. Grant.
(c) Bosom Parker.
(d) First mate Brown.
2. From whom does Maturin receive a summons?
(a) The queen.
(b) His father.
(c) Naval intelligence.
(d) The Admiralty.
3. How did the prisoners feel during the storm?
(a) They all died.
(b) Energetic and excited.
(d) Very seasick.
4. What do Wogan and Herapath attempt to do about their feelings?
(a) Show them.
(b) Restrain them.
(c) Act upon them by getting married.
(d) Hide them.
5. What kind of storm does Aubrey run into at the start of his voyage?
(a) A northwestern gale.
(b) A tropical hurricane.
(c) A typhoon.
(d) A thunder storm.
6. What happens with the prisoners as the ship sits still?
(a) They begin to recover.
(b) The symptoms change.
(c) Their illness accelerates.
(d) It's not affected one way or the other.
7. What does Maturin do after Wogan expresses an interest in Herapath?
(a) Has Herapath put in the brig.
(b) Begins to discuss him freely with her.
(c) Begins to sneak Herapath into her room.
(d) Tells her he doesn't know the man.
8. What does Maturin write about Wogan?
(a) He is having an affair with her.
(b) She is not going to open up to him.
(c) He is slowly gaining her trust.
(d) She is not a spy.
9. What did Wogan kill in her lodgings?
(a) A cat.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A sailor who was going to rape her.
(d) A rat.
10. Who makes accusations against Villiers?
(a) Lord Vassar.
(b) Admiral Sievewright.
(c) The head of Scotland Yard.
(d) Captain Thigley.
11. What does Maturin insist must happen with his convalescents?
(a) They have to get off the ship.
(b) They must be sent back to England.
(c) They have to work some.
(d) They have to have fresh fruit.
12. To where has Villiers fled?
13. Who did the prisoners murder during the storm?
(a) The first mate.
(b) Two of the guards.
(c) Louisa Wogan.
(d) The warden and his assistant.
14. Why does Maturin say yes to the request by naval intelligence?
(a) For the adventure.
(b) To retain his reputation.
(c) For the extra money.
(d) To find out what's really going on.
15. Why can't Herapath receive an appointment to his position?
(a) He is too well educated.
(b) He is an American.
(c) He is French.
(d) He has never been sworn into the navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aubrey visit after inspecting the prisoners' quarters?
2. On what vessel had there been a mutiny?
3. What does Maturin organize after the storm?
4. What does Maturin notice about the rats on board the ship?
5. In which direction does Aubrey head after the storm?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)