|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the crew feel about Wogan?
(a) Wants to set her free in South America.
(b) Wants to hang her for being a spy.
(c) Dislikes her for being a traitor.
(d) Desires her as a woman.
2. What is the windless place called that the ship encounters?
(a) Slow water sea.
(b) The stills.
(c) Breeze bay.
(d) The doldrums.
3. What does Maturin say in his journal about Herapath?
(a) That he is a French spy.
(b) That he recently came upon him talking to Wogan.
(c) That he is rather dumb.
(d) That he will make a good sailor.
4. As what does Maturin diagnose the prisoners' illness?
(c) Bubonic plague.
(d) Yellow fever.
5. What is Maturin asked to do?
(a) Resign his commission.
(b) Step down from commanding Leopard.
(c) Go to Cape Town on the way to America.
(d) Escort a prisoner to Botany Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maturin start to notice?
2. What ethnic background is Boswell?
3. What does Maturin see medically in the crew?
4. How does Martin, Maturin's assistant, fare with the illness?
5. How many people have died from the illness?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)