|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Maturin find Aubrey busy?
(a) Get-rich-quick schemes.
(c) Playing polo.
2. Of what crime is Villiers accused?
(a) Being a prostitute.
(b) Being a thief.
(c) Being in debt more than six months old.
(d) Being a spy.
3. On what vessel had there been a mutiny?
(a) The Bligh.
(b) The Leopard.
(c) The Bounty.
(d) The Exeter.
4. Who comes to see Maturin after he returns home?
(a) Sir Peter Waite.
(b) Sir Joseph Blaine.
(c) Lady Jessup.
(d) Admiral Mapleby.
5. From whom does Maturin receive a summons?
(a) His father.
(b) Naval intelligence.
(c) The Admiralty.
(d) The queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Williams?
2. What is a fourth-rate ship-of-the-line with a tarnished history?
3. What is Maturin asked to do?
4. To where has Villiers fled?
5. Who is Diana Villiers?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)