|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a fourth-rate ship-of-the-line with a tarnished history?
(a) HMS Leopard.
(b) HMS Ironsides.
(c) HMS Panther.
(d) HMS Elizabeth.
2. With what does Maturin find Aubrey busy?
(a) Playing polo.
(d) Get-rich-quick schemes.
3. Who is Sophie?
(a) Aubrey's daughter.
(b) Aubrey's mistress.
(c) The admiral's daughter.
(d) Aubrey's wife.
4. With whom does Maturin think Villiers might have taken up again?
(a) Mr. Black.
(b) Mr. Hawthorne.
(c) Mr. Johnson.
(d) Mr. Peterson.
5. To what group is Aubrey appointed?
(a) The Sea-Fencibles.
(b) The Dragon Corps.
(c) The Sea Cadets.
(d) The Captain's Corps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aubrey angry?
2. What nationality is Louisa Wogan?
3. Who comes to see Maturin after he returns home?
4. Where does the Leopard go to make repairs?
5. Why does Maturin say yes to the request by naval intelligence?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)