|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they take ice aboard the ship?
(a) To keep the food cold.
(b) To replenish the water supply.
(c) To have cold rum.
(d) To use in sick bay for wounds.
2. What is the worst wound Aubrey has received?
(a) A deep slash on his arm.
(b) His hip is broken.
(c) A head wound.
(d) His leg is broken.
3. What does Grant constantly do that drives Aubrey crazy?
(a) Pursues Wogan.
(b) Reports to sick bay for tiny scratches.
(c) Makes a commentary on Aubrey's actions.
(d) Fraternizes with the sailors.
4. What does Wogan say as to why she is interested in Herapath?
(a) He reminds her of her brother.
(b) She thinks he's handsome.
(c) She knew him in London.
(d) She saw him fall.
5. How does Waakzaamheid finally close in on Leopard?
(a) In the night.
(b) By slipping grappling hooks on the stern.
(c) During a heavy fog.
(d) In heavy weather that slows Leopard down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Herapath goes aloft?
2. What changes in the ship's situation when the water pouring in slows down?
3. How does Herapath feel about his relationship with Wogan?
4. What does Maturin resume on board the ship?
5. In what direction is Leopard driven as she seeks to avoid combat?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)