|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Villiers left her apartment?
(a) She has been convicted of burglary.
(b) She was picked up for pickpocketing.
(c) She is going to be arrested.
(d) She hasn't paid her debts.
2. What did Wogan kill in her lodgings?
(a) A sailor who was going to rape her.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A cat.
(d) A rat.
3. What was Aubrey trying to avoid by going north and northwest?
(a) Eastern Africa.
(b) The south side of France.
(c) The lee side of Spain.
(d) Bay of Bengali.
4. Why is the officer causing problems?
(a) He hates Aubrey.
(b) He is a friend of Wogan's.
(c) He thinks he posted below his abilities.
(d) He is new and insecure.
5. Who did the prisoners murder during the storm?
(a) The first mate.
(b) Louisa Wogan.
(c) Two of the guards.
(d) The warden and his assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maturin feel as he travels to call on Villiers?
2. In which direction does Aubrey head after the storm?
3. Why does Maturin say yes to the request by naval intelligence?
4. How does Wogan appear after the storm?
5. To what group is Aubrey appointed?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)