|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the windless place called that the ship encounters?
(a) Slow water sea.
(b) Breeze bay.
(c) The doldrums.
(d) The stills.
2. In which direction does Aubrey head after the storm?
3. Where does Aubrey weather the storm?
(a) Sea of Bengali.
(b) Black Sea.
(c) Mediterranean Sea.
(d) Bay of Biscay.
4. How long does the ship lie becalmed?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two months.
5. Why does Maturin go ashore at Cape Verdes?
(a) To gather intelligence.
(b) For medical supplies.
(c) To get some opium.
(d) To send messages to the admiralty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maturin insist must happen with his convalescents?
2. In what direction from the ship is the windless area normally encountered?
3. What does Maturin do about the prisoners' illness?
4. Who comes to see Maturin after he returns home?
5. How many people recover from the illness but are too weak to work?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)