|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day does Jack and his mother's journey finally come to an end?
2. How much does Jack have to pay to take his mother on a quick trip to Mexico?
(a) 3 cents.
(b) 30 dollars.
(c) 300 dollars.
(d) 3 dollars.
3. What does Jack lend ten dollars to Cody for?
4. Why is Jack looked down on when he enters the dining room of the ship he boards?
(a) He has ragged clothing.
(b) He has no money for service tips.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He smells of marijuana.
5. What do Jack and his mother enjoy on the bus as they leave New Orleans?
(d) Coca Cola.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jack's friend in Africa?
2. How does Angie describe the Golden Gate Bridge?
3. What time does Jack and his mother reach their final destination?
4. Who does Jack hope to see more of when he returns to California?
5. What is Jack's nickname for Hubbard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the highlight of the Duluozes short trip through Mexico?
2. What causes Jack's disgust for the civilized world to increase while he is on the ship heading to Africa?
3. What is Jack's response when Alyce asks to be allowed to go with him to Africa?
4. What happens to Cody shortly after Jack leaves for Florida?
5. What is Angie's first impression of Mexico when Jack takes her over the border?
6. How does Irwin describe Hubbard?
7. How does Angie describe what love should be like to her son?
8. What does Jack find when he returns from helping a friend move some of his things?
9. How does Angie describe California after living there for a few weeks?
10. What happens on Jack's first night in Mexico City at the end of the book?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)