|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jack plan to live with when he finally returns to America?
(b) Simon and Irwin.
(d) His mother.
2. Who wants to go with Jack on his journey after the farewell party?
3. Where does Jack decide to go to write a new novel after returning to Florida?
(c) San Francisco.
4. Where does Angie sleep on her first night in Berkeley?
(a) Ben's bed.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A couch in Ben's house.
(d) In a tent in Ben's yard.
5. How does Angie describe the Golden Gate Bridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angie not unpack all of her things that arrive from Florida?
2. What does Jack do to console himself when he learns that Gaines is dead?
3. What does Jack say Bull Gaines's death marked?
4. What is the name of Jack's friend in Africa?
5. How does Irwin describe Hubbard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack describe his mother as he gets ready for his trip to California with her?
2. How does Irwin describe Hubbard?
3. How does Jack feel about the Beat society by the time he is ready to leave Tangiers?
4. What does Hubbard express a need to purge himself of, and why?
5. What is one of Jack's main reasons for wanting to move back to California?
6. What surprises Jack when he meets a group of English Beat teenagers in London?
7. Why does Jack say the thugs on the street leave him alone when he first enters San Francisco with his mother?
8. What is Angie's first impression of Mexico when Jack takes her over the border?
9. Where is Jack living at the end of the book, and how does he feel about it?
10. What does Jack find when he returns from helping a friend move some of his things?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)