|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do on his last day in California before going to Florida with his mother?
(a) Smokes peyote.
(b) Writes a poem.
(c) Cries in his room.
(d) Goes to a movie.
2. What is Jack's mother's name?
3. What does Angie convince her son to give up before he moves to Florida with her?
(a) His friends.
(d) His addictions.
4. What does Jack notice about all the women he sees in Paris?
(a) They seem to be cold and flat in the eyes.
(b) They are always in a hurry.
(c) They are always ready for an adventure.
(d) They seem wiser than women in America.
5. What does Jack's friend in Africa say he needs to purge himself of?
(a) His love for men.
(b) His addiction to drugs.
(c) His education.
(d) His family's shame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth contract from Jack?
2. What is so inappropriate about Jack's visit to Raphael in Washington D.C.?
3. Where is the second stop of the bus during the long journey to California?
4. What happens in California just as Jack and Angie leave for Florida?
5. What magazine is Jack photographed for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack find when he returns from helping a friend move some of his things?
2. What happens on Jack's first night in Mexico City at the end of the book?
3. What is Jack and Angie's new apartment like?
4. What is the highlight of the Duluozes short trip through Mexico?
5. Why is Jack so disappointed when he arrives in San Francisco with his mother?
6. How does Jack describe Cody when he tries to retrieve some money lent to him?
7. What happens to Cody shortly after Jack leaves for Florida?
8. What does Jack find when he returns to Mexico to write a new novel?
9. How does Irwin describe Hubbard?
10. What surprises Jack when he meets a group of English Beat teenagers in London?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)