|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack's mother work when she is 14?
(a) A shoe factory.
(b) A college.
(c) A train depot.
(d) A department store.
2. Why does Simon's brother run away from Jack?
(a) He has a beard.
(b) There is a strange aura around him.
(c) He looks like another brother of his.
(d) He was wearing a striped shirt.
3. Where does Angie sleep on her first night in Berkeley?
(a) A hotel.
(b) In a tent in Ben's yard.
(c) Ben's bed.
(d) A couch in Ben's house.
4. How does Irwin describe Hubbard?
(a) A crazed diplomat.
(b) Sherlock Holmes's older brother.
(c) An angel among men.
(d) A slave of addiction and lust.
5. Where does Jack decide to go in the spring of 1957?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Banks call himself?
2. Who does Jack meet one day by surprise in Paris?
3. What happens during the cruise that makes Jack wish he were with his mother?
4. Where is the second stop of the bus during the long journey to California?
5. Why does Ruth ask Jack to move out of her apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Cody shortly after Jack leaves for Florida?
2. How does Angie describe what love should be like to her son?
3. How does Irwin describe Hubbard?
4. What happens when Jack first meets Alyce?
5. What does Jack find when he returns to Mexico to write a new novel?
6. What happens to Jack's rucksack during his trip to see his mother?
7. How does Hubbard survive in Tangiers with no real work?
8. What is Jack and Angie's new apartment like?
9. What annoys the girls in Paris about Jack and Raphael?
10. What is Angie's first impression of Mexico when Jack takes her over the border?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)