|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Simon's brother run away from Jack?
(a) He was wearing a striped shirt.
(b) He looks like another brother of his.
(c) There is a strange aura around him.
(d) He has a beard.
2. What is Cody as a child?
(a) A gifted student.
(b) An altar boy.
(c) A foster child.
(d) A juvenile delinquent.
3. Why is Jack looked down on when he enters the dining room of the ship he boards?
(a) He smells of marijuana.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He has no money for service tips.
(d) He has ragged clothing.
4. Where does Jack's mother work when she is 14?
(a) A college.
(b) A train depot.
(c) A department store.
(d) A shoe factory.
5. Why is Cody sent to jail?
(a) Dealing drugs.
(b) Stealing a car.
(c) Beating his wife.
(d) Embezzling money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Cody stay in prison?
2. What wakes Jack up on his first night in Mexico?
3. What does Jack's mother learn about Mexico when she sees a church there?
4. Which of the following is NOT something that Angie tells her son he needs to be happy?
5. What does Angie convince her son to give up before he moves to Florida with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack's response when Alyce asks to be allowed to go with him to Africa?
2. What annoys the girls in Paris about Jack and Raphael?
3. Why does Jack say the thugs on the street leave him alone when he first enters San Francisco with his mother?
4. Who is Jack forced to sit with in the dining room on his journey back to New York and why?
5. How does Angie describe California after living there for a few weeks?
6. How does Angie describe what love should be like to her son?
7. What happens to Jack's rucksack during his trip to see his mother?
8. What is the highlight of the Duluozes short trip through Mexico?
9. What happens to Cody shortly after Jack leaves for Florida?
10. How does Irwin describe Hubbard?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)