|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Jack up on his first night in Mexico?
(a) Loud music from the floor above him.
(b) A riot.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A big storm.
2. Where does Jack go to escape from his mother for a little bit while they are living together?
(a) A job.
(b) The movies.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) A bar.
3. How long does Angie wait to return to Florida after her furniture arrives in California?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
4. What does Jack buy with the money he borrows from Irwin?
(a) Some clothing.
(b) A passport.
(c) A plane ticket.
(d) Some luggage.
5. What do Jack and his mother enjoy on the bus as they leave New Orleans?
(b) Coca Cola.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the Beats to see Williams?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason Angie gives for missing Florida?
3. Who wants to go with Jack on his journey after the farewell party?
4. Which of the following is NOT something that Angie tells her son he needs to be happy?
5. What does Jack have to do before being admitted into London?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Angie describe what love should be like to her son?
2. How does Hubbard survive in Tangiers with no real work?
3. Why does Jack say the thugs on the street leave him alone when he first enters San Francisco with his mother?
4. What is one of Jack's main reasons for wanting to move back to California?
5. Where is Jack living at the end of the book, and how does he feel about it?
6. What is Angie's first impression of Mexico when Jack takes her over the border?
7. What happens on Jack's first night in Mexico City at the end of the book?
8. What is the highlight of the Duluozes short trip through Mexico?
9. How does Jack describe Cody when he tries to retrieve some money lent to him?
10. What is Jack and Angie's new apartment like?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)