|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jack's friend in Africa?
2. What does Jack's mother offer an Indian couple she sees in Mexico?
(a) A warm embrace.
(c) Her shawl.
3. What does Jack do on his last day in California before going to Florida with his mother?
(a) Goes to a movie.
(b) Cries in his room.
(c) Smokes peyote.
(d) Writes a poem.
4. Who does Jack plan to live with when he finally returns to America?
(c) Simon and Irwin.
(d) His mother.
5. What does Jack credit for Cody's incarceration?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack and Angie's journey together end?
2. What does Raphael do with his painting of the David?
3. Where does Jack decide to go in the spring of 1957?
4. Where does Jack decide to go to write a new novel after returning to Florida?
5. Where does Jack's mother work when she is 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jack first meets Alyce?
2. What is Angie's first impression of Mexico when Jack takes her over the border?
3. Why is Jack so disappointed when he arrives in San Francisco with his mother?
4. What does Angie do when she finds out that Ben is a Buddhist?
5. What is Jack's response when Alyce asks to be allowed to go with him to Africa?
6. Who is Jack forced to sit with in the dining room on his journey back to New York and why?
7. How does Jack feel about the Beat society by the time he is ready to leave Tangiers?
8. What surprises Jack when he meets a group of English Beat teenagers in London?
9. What does Hubbard express a need to purge himself of, and why?
10. What happens to Cody shortly after Jack leaves for Florida?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)