|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack call the place where all humanity is born and shall return to?
(a) Heaven's Womb.
(b) Eternal Splendor.
(c) Celestial Kingdom.
(d) Golden Eternity.
2. What does Jack do when he first wakes up from the dream he has in the forest?
(a) Tries to interpret the dream.
(b) Goes for a long walk.
(c) Calls his brother on the phone.
(d) Writes a letter to his mother.
3. How much does Jack pay for his Skid Row room?
4. What is the only book that Jack has to read while he is in Washington?
(a) My God, My Country.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The God That Failed.
(d) God is in all Things.
5. What does Jack do whenever something sad happens to him?
(a) Yells ot the heavens.
(b) Drinks tequila.
(c) Writes about it.
(d) Takes 'depression walks'.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Raphael so upset at the brunch?
2. What does the shock of lightning remind Jack of?
3. Why does Gaines have cabs drop him off a block from his house?
4. What wakes Jack while he is staying at Cody's house?
5. What is Jack's job at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raphael think about Mexico?
2. What does Jack take pity on the hipsters in Mexico for?
3. What happens to the group when Raphael begins playing the piano at Ehrman's house?
4. What is Gaines's philosophy about artists and junkies?
5. Why is Jack so void of emotion as he leaves the cabin where he lived in all summer?
6. What does Jack do every night at 8:00 while he is working in Washington?
7. Why is Jarry fired from the fire station?
8. Why do some people have a hard time understanding Jack when he speaks?
9. Why does Jack dislike the use of form in poetry?
10. What is the purest truth that Jack has learned from Buddha?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)