|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Banks call himself?
(a) A French revolutionist.
(b) A Somalian pirate.
(c) An American poet.
(d) An English gangster.
2. What do Jack and his mother enjoy on the bus as they leave New Orleans?
(a) Coca Cola.
3. How long does Angie wait to return to Florida after her furniture arrives in California?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 3 months.
4. What does Jack have to do before being admitted into London?
(a) Read some of his poetry.
(b) Pay an entrance fee.
(c) Prove his American citizenship.
(d) Have his rucksack searched.
5. What does Jack enjoy most about his stay in Tangiers?
(a) The anonymity.
(b) The companionship.
(c) The cheap opium.
(d) The creative bursts.
6. What is Jack's nickname for Hubbard?
(a) The Eternal Lover.
(b) The Nude Poet.
(c) Old Father Hubbard.
(d) Old Bull.
7. What does Jack's mother offer an Indian couple she sees in Mexico?
(a) A warm embrace.
(d) Her shawl.
8. What religion does Ben follow?
9. Which of the following is NOT an ingredient in majoun?
10. Where does Jack spend his days in Paris?
(a) The catacombs.
(b) The alleyways of Paris.
(c) Notre Dame.
(d) Cafe Bonaparte.
11. Where is the second stop of the bus during the long journey to California?
(a) El Paso.
(c) Oklahoma City.
12. What does Jack's mother learn about Mexico when she sees a church there?
(a) That love can be found anywhere.
(b) That there is beauty in the desert terrain.
(c) That Mexicans believe in God.
(d) That her son belongs in Mexico.
13. Who wants to go with Jack on his journey after the farewell party?
14. What does Angie tell Jack she fears while they drive away from El Paso?
(a) The mountains.
(c) His addictions.
15. Who does Angie spend time with while Jack is away helping a friend move?
(a) The land-lord.
(b) No one.
(c) Her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raphael do with his painting of the David?
2. What time does Jack and his mother reach their final destination?
3. What is Cody as a child?
4. What does Jack notice about all the women he sees in Paris?
5. What does Jack do while his mother sleeps at the end of their long journey?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)