|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Angie sleep on her first night in Berkeley?
(a) Ben's bed.
(b) A couch in Ben's house.
(c) In a tent in Ben's yard.
(d) A hotel.
2. What is peculiar about Jack and Cody's farewell before Jack returns to Florida?
(a) He was more emotional than usual.
(b) He was quiet and somber.
(c) He let his wife come with him.
(d) He did not look Jack in the eye.
3. Where does Jack's mother work when she is 14?
(a) A college.
(b) A department store.
(c) A shoe factory.
(d) A train depot.
4. How does Jack feel when he meets with his friends in New York at the end of the book?
5. How old is Jack's mother when he has to move her across country?
6. What happens in California just as Jack and Angie leave for Florida?
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A heat wave.
(d) A series of mudslides.
7. Why does Simon's brother run away from Jack?
(a) There is a strange aura around him.
(b) He was wearing a striped shirt.
(c) He has a beard.
(d) He looks like another brother of his.
8. What does Jack's mother offer an Indian couple she sees in Mexico?
(a) Her shawl.
(d) A warm embrace.
9. Who does Jack plan to live with when he finally returns to America?
(a) Simon and Irwin.
(c) His mother.
10. What magazine is Jack photographed for?
(a) The Poetry Guild.
(b) US Weekly.
11. What is Cody as a child?
(a) A juvenile delinquent.
(b) An altar boy.
(c) A gifted student.
(d) A foster child.
12. Where does Jack spend his last night in California before going back to Florida with his mother?
(a) A hotel.
(b) His apartment.
(c) Ben's house.
(d) A jazz club.
13. When does Jack sneak away from Paris to London?
(a) When he has a dream about it.
(b) After realizing he is in love with Raphael's girl.
(c) After receiving a letter from Alyce.
(d) In the middle of a lonely night.
14. What is the name of Jack's friend in Africa?
15. How does Angie describe the Golden Gate Bridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following does Jack NOT meet with when he goes to New York after his harrowing experience in Mexico?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason Angie gives for missing Florida?
3. What time of day does Jack and his mother's journey finally come to an end?
4. What does John Banks call himself?
5. What wakes Jack up on his first night in Mexico?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)