|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the Beats to see Williams?
(a) Simon's brother.
(b) Irwin's father.
(c) The Ruths.
(d) Jack's mother.
2. What does Jack buy with the money he borrows from Irwin?
(a) A plane ticket.
(b) Some luggage.
(c) Some clothing.
(d) A passport.
3. What is most shocking to Angie about Mexicans?
(a) Their cruelty towards women.
(b) Their laid back attitude.
(c) Their poverty.
(d) Their laziness.
4. Which of the following is NOT an ingredient in majoun?
5. How much does Jack have to pay to take his mother on a quick trip to Mexico?
(a) 3 cents.
(b) 30 dollars.
(c) 3 dollars.
(d) 300 dollars.
6. What does Jack enjoy most about his stay in Tangiers?
(a) The creative bursts.
(b) The companionship.
(c) The anonymity.
(d) The cheap opium.
7. What does Jack live on while typing up the work he wrote in Mexico?
(c) Hot dogs.
8. Where does Jack spend his last night in California before going back to Florida with his mother?
(a) A jazz club.
(b) A hotel.
(c) His apartment.
(d) Ben's house.
9. What major manuscript is printed just before Jack moves back to Florida with his mother?
(a) Happy Times, and Sad.
(b) A Long Journey.
(c) On the Road.
(d) Urban Buddhism.
10. Why is Cody sent to jail?
(a) Beating his wife.
(b) Dealing drugs.
(c) Stealing a car.
(d) Embezzling money.
11. How does Jack feel when he meets with his friends in New York at the end of the book?
12. What is Jack's mother's name?
13. What is the name of Jack's friend in Africa?
14. What does Jack's friend in Africa say he needs to purge himself of?
(a) His love for men.
(b) His education.
(c) His family's shame.
(d) His addiction to drugs.
15. Who of the following does Jack NOT meet with when he goes to New York after his harrowing experience in Mexico?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack have to do before being admitted into London?
2. Where does Jack decide to go to write a new novel after returning to Florida?
3. What does Jack do on his last day in California before going to Florida with his mother?
4. What is Ben doing when Jack and his mother first see him?
5. How long does Cody stay in prison?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)