|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the hike from the cabin to the ferry?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
2. What is Simon diagnosed with after his night with a prostitute in Mexico?
3. How does Gaines earn his money?
(a) He steals.
(b) He deals drugs.
(c) He rents out his house.
(d) He is an artist.
4. What sport does Jack play in school?
5. Why is Jack so void of emotion as he leaves his summer home?
(a) He has learned all he could.
(b) He misses his friends too much.
(c) He hated it there.
(d) He does not believe in remorse.
6. Which mountain is hit by a major storm while Jack is on duty in Washington?
(a) Mount Baker.
(b) Mount Hozomeen.
(c) Mount Rose.
(d) Old Jack.
7. What does Jack decide he needs when he sees the Greyhound baggage carriers?
(a) A haircut.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A servant.
(d) A place to stay.
8. What does Jack feed the animals that come to his cabin in Washington?
(b) Boiled potatoes.
(c) Bread and water.
9. What is Levesque's occupation?
10. What does Jack discuss with the two friends he meets on the street?
(a) Life and Joy.
(b) Experience and misery.
(c) Poetry and death.
(d) Knowledge and Wisdom.
11. What does Jack say he should have done more of while on Desolation Peak?
(a) Prayed and repented.
(c) Observed beauty.
12. What does Jack want to eat more than anything in the world while he is working in the forest in Washington?
(a) Pea soup.
(b) A taco.
(c) Roasted duck.
(d) Filet mignon.
13. Where does Jack take Simon the day after they go to the racetrack?
(a) The Cellar.
(c) The Buddhist Academy.
(d) Skid Row.
14. On what holiday does Jack arrive in Texas after his stay in Mexico?
(b) Valentine's Day.
15. What is the first thing Jack does when he climbs aboard the ferry?
(a) Embraces Fred.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Kicks his shoes into the water.
(d) Bathes his feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do whenever something sad happens to him?
2. What does the shock of lightning remind Jack of?
3. What does Irwin want Jack to be able to do with his fan mail?
4. What is the first big purchase Jack plans to make with his season's worth of paychecks?
5. Where does Jack learn to roll his own cigarettes?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)