|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movement is Rose involved in?
(a) The Buddhist movement.
(b) The free-love movement.
(c) The poetry movement.
(d) The homosexual rights movement.
2. What surprises Jack about the 80-year-old man who gives him a ride?
(a) He drives fast.
(b) He doesn't talk much.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He smokes marijuana.
3. What does Jack like to invent?
4. What does Charlie ask Jack to do as he is getting ready to leave Washington?
(a) Have a drink with him.
(b) Leave a picture of himself.
(c) Send him a postcard.
(d) Come back next season.
5. What does Jack's aunt make for dinner every Sunday night when he is a child?
(c) Pot Roast.
(d) Mac N' Cheese.
6. What is the name of the girl who approaches Jack in the Cellar?
7. What is Jack looking at when he has his first 'awakening'?
(a) The stars.
(b) The Northern Lights.
(c) A mouse.
(d) The sunrise.
8. What does Jack do while he sits alone on Gaines's roof?
9. What is the name of Simon's brother?
10. What is the name of the woman Jack might have married at one point?
11. Which of the following is NOT a reason that Jack gives for no longer being desirable to women?
(a) He has wine on his teeth.
(b) He is wearing dirty jeans.
(c) He is 34.
(d) He is too intelligent.
12. What college does Jack attend for a little while?
13. What does Gaines give Lazarus when he falls ill?
14. Which of the poets does one of the Ruths fall for when they reach New York?
15. What does Jack do on Sunday mornings while he is working in Washington?
(a) Meets up with Lulu.
(b) Listens to the radio.
(c) Writes to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Jack play in school?
2. To Jack, the forest service is a metaphor of what?
3. What does Cody plan to do with his racetrack winnings?
4. On what holiday does Jack arrive in Texas after his stay in Mexico?
5. Why is Jack so hesitant about taking a turn in driving the group out of Mexico?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)