|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a mountain that Jack enjoys looking at and pondering?
(a) Mount Hozomeen.
(b) Mount Jack.
(c) Mount Baker.
(d) Mount Rose.
2. How does Jack decide to go to San Francisco after a sleepless night on Skid Row?
(a) A bus.
(b) Take a boat.
3. What is David D'Angeli's nickname?
(a) The Minister.
(b) The Priest.
(c) The Reverend.
(d) The Pope.
4. What does Jack do that makes him feel he can longer reside in Heaven?
(a) Worshipped a mountain.
(b) Killed a mouse.
(c) Committed adultery.
(d) Was untrue to himself.
5. What is the name of the man who drives the ferry away from the mountain?
6. What is Jack looking at when he has his first 'awakening'?
(a) The Northern Lights.
(b) A mouse.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) The stars.
7. What does Jack call the place where all humanity is born and shall return to?
(a) Celestial Kingdom.
(b) Eternal Splendor.
(c) Golden Eternity.
(d) Heaven's Womb.
8. Where does Irwin convince Jack to go while in Mexico?
(a) A parade.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) A poetry reading.
(d) The college.
9. What sight makes Jack excited and eager to believe?
(a) The fog covering San Francisco.
(b) The Oakland Bay Bridge.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The rooftops of Frisco.
10. Which mountain is hit by a major storm while Jack is on duty in Washington?
(a) Mount Baker.
(b) Mount Rose.
(c) Old Jack.
(d) Mount Hozomeen.
11. When he wakes up one morning at the cabin, what does Jack think may not be a wise thing for him to do?
(a) Stay in Washington until the end of the season.
(b) Try and remember his dreams.
(c) Write down his true feelings.
(d) Take up drinking again.
12. Which of the following is NOT a reason that Jack gives for no longer being desirable to women?
(a) He is wearing dirty jeans.
(b) He has wine on his teeth.
(c) He is 34.
(d) He is too intelligent.
13. How long is the hike from the cabin to the ferry?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
14. What makes Jack decide to head to Mexico?
(a) A fight between Cody and Raphael.
(b) A fight with Simon.
(c) Lack of privacy.
(d) A drunken vision.
15. What is Fred's main duty?
(a) To work the ferry.
(b) To monitor campfires.
(c) To de-brief all fire rangers.
(d) To issue hunting licenses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gaines earn his money?
2. Where does Jack ask to be dropped off in Seattle?
3. Where is Jack's hotel located on his first night in San Francisco?
4. How much does Jack pay for his Skid Row room?
5. What does Jack do while he sits alone on Gaines's roof?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)