|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Part III - Passing Through America Again: Chapters 81 - 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruth ask Jack to move out of her apartment?
(a) She loves Raphael.
(b) She doesn't need his money anymore.
(c) She has a rash from his presence.
(d) She has a contagious disease.
2. What does Jack plan to take to San Francisco with him according to his poem about going there?
(a) An idea and some gumption.
(b) A sleeping bag and a bottle of wine.
(c) His books and some cigarettes.
(d) The clothes on his back and a dream in his heart.
3. Why does Evelyn no longer try to change Cody just before Jack returns to Florida?
(a) She has her own concerns.
(b) She knows it is impossible.
(c) She no longer loves him.
(d) She fears him.
4. Where does Jack decide to go to write a new novel after returning to Florida?
(a) San Francisco.
5. Why is Hubbard jealous of Simon?
(a) Hubbard loves Irwin.
(b) Jack is better friends with Simon than himself.
(c) Simon is rich.
(d) Simon has been published.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do with Cody's children while he is at work?
2. How long does the trip on the ship take to get to its destination?
3. What is Simon diagnosed with after his night with a prostitute in Mexico?
4. What do the Arab Beat teenagers wear in Tangiers?
5. What occupation does Jack have during his first visit to England years ago?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)