|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Part III - Passing Through America Again: Chapters 81 - 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do on his last day in California before going to Florida with his mother?
(a) Smokes peyote.
(b) Goes to a movie.
(c) Writes a poem.
(d) Cries in his room.
2. Why is Jack so hesitant about taking a turn in driving the group out of Mexico?
(a) His license is expired.
(b) He doesn't know how to drive.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is tired.
3. What does Gaines give Lazarus when he falls ill?
4. When he wakes up one morning at the cabin, what does Jack think may not be a wise thing for him to do?
(a) Take up drinking again.
(b) Write down his true feelings.
(c) Stay in Washington until the end of the season.
(d) Try and remember his dreams.
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason Angie gives for missing Florida?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her friends.
(c) The low prices.
(d) The lack of mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Jack and his mother's journey finally come to an end?
2. What is Jack's job at the beginning of the book?
3. Who does Jack hope to see more of when he returns to California?
4. What does Jack enjoy most about his stay in Tangiers?
5. Why does Gaines have cabs drop him off a block from his house?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)