|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Part III - Passing Through America Again: Chapters 71 - 72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irwin want Jack to be able to do with his fan mail?
(a) Use it to fuel a fire.
(b) Create works of art with it.
(c) Dance on it.
(d) Return it.
2. What does Jack ask Cody to do about Raphael?
(a) Pretend to be interested in what he says.
(b) Ignore the bad in him.
(c) Stop being so tense around him.
(d) See the good in him.
3. Where does Jack decide to go in the spring of 1957?
4. What does Jack plan to take to San Francisco with him according to his poem about going there?
(a) A sleeping bag and a bottle of wine.
(b) The clothes on his back and a dream in his heart.
(c) An idea and some gumption.
(d) His books and some cigarettes.
5. When does Jack sneak away from Paris to London?
(a) When he has a dream about it.
(b) After receiving a letter from Alyce.
(c) After realizing he is in love with Raphael's girl.
(d) In the middle of a lonely night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do whenever something sad happens to him?
2. Which of the poets does one of the Ruths fall for when they reach New York?
3. What is Jack's nickname for Hubbard?
4. What is the name of the woman Jack might have married at one point?
5. How does Jack refer to his inner blackness?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)