|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Part III - Passing Through America Again: Chapters 71 - 72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Irwin convince Jack to go while in Mexico?
(a) The college.
(b) A poetry reading.
(c) A parade.
(d) The movie theater.
2. What keeps the blond kid from playing football?
(a) Bad grades.
(b) An ulcer.
(c) A knee injury.
(d) A dislocated shoulder.
3. What does "Maya'"mean?
(a) Believing a reality that is not real.
(b) A religion without a God.
(c) Escaping the world to find one's self.
(d) A form of communication that needs no words.
4. What does Jack say he should have done more of while on Desolation Peak?
(c) Prayed and repented.
(d) Observed beauty.
5. Why does Simon's brother run away from Jack?
(a) There is a strange aura around him.
(b) He has a beard.
(c) He looks like another brother of his.
(d) He was wearing a striped shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Arab Beat teenagers wear in Tangiers?
2. What does Raphael do with his painting of the David?
3. What wakes Jack while he is staying at Cody's house?
4. What does Jack do that makes him feel he can longer reside in Heaven?
5. Where does the strange car ride end for the poets?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)