|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Part II - Passing Through Tangiers, France and London: Chapter 55 | Book II, Part II - Passing Through Tangiers, France and London: Chapters 56 - 58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jack, what has little place in a civilized world?
(a) Peace and calm.
(b) Impatience and rudeness.
(c) Enlightenment of solitude.
(d) Judgement and arrogance.
2. Which of the poets does one of the Ruths fall for when they reach New York?
3. What wakes Jack while he is staying at Cody's house?
(a) Cody's children.
(c) A passing car.
(d) The sunrise.
4. Where does Jack's mother live?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Washington D.C.
5. What does Jack do while he sits alone on Gaines's roof?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during the cruise that makes Jack wish he were with his mother?
2. How does Irwin describe Hubbard?
3. What does Gaines give Lazarus when he falls ill?
4. What is the name of the girl who approaches Jack in the Cellar?
5. What keeps the blond kid from playing football?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)