|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Part II - Passing Through Tangiers, France and London: Chapter 55 | Book II, Part II - Passing Through Tangiers, France and London: Chapters 56 - 58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during the cruise that makes Jack wish he were with his mother?
(a) Seeing a woman who looked like his mother.
(b) An encounter with bad men.
(c) A dream.
(d) A storm.
2. What does Jack's friend in Africa say he needs to purge himself of?
(a) His family's shame.
(b) His love for men.
(c) His addiction to drugs.
(d) His education.
3. How much does Jack pay for his Skid Row room?
4. What does Charlie ask Jack to do as he is getting ready to leave Washington?
(a) Send him a postcard.
(b) Leave a picture of himself.
(c) Have a drink with him.
(d) Come back next season.
5. What is the name of the ship that Jack travels on after leaving New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack travel to Mexico?
2. What does Jack do while he sits alone on Gaines's roof?
3. What is Jack's nickname for Hubbard?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason that Jack gives for no longer being desirable to women?
5. What does Jack plan to take to San Francisco with him according to his poem about going there?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)