|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Part II - Desolation in the World: Chapters 101 - 102 | Book II, Part I - Passing Through Mexico: Chapters 1 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Jack does when he climbs aboard the ferry?
(a) Kicks his shoes into the water.
(b) Bathes his feet.
(c) Embraces Fred.
(d) Falls asleep.
2. What does the shock of lightning remind Jack of?
(a) His father.
(b) An escape.
3. How does Jack travel to Mexico?
4. Why does Raphael need help packing?
(a) He is going to Europe.
(b) He wants to account for all of his possesions.
(c) He is too ill to do it all himself.
(d) He is breaking up with his girl.
5. What is the first big purchase Jack plans to make with his season's worth of paychecks?
(a) A big dinner.
(b) New backpack.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack decide he needs when he sees the Greyhound baggage carriers?
2. What does Jack discuss with the two friends he meets on the street?
3. What does Jack say he should have done more of while on Desolation Peak?
4. What does Jack do on Sunday mornings while he is working in Washington?
5. Which of the following is NOT a mountain that Jack enjoys looking at and pondering?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)