|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Part II - Desolation in the World: Chapters 83 - 85 | Book I, Part II - Desolation in the World: Chapters 86 - 90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack decide to go to San Francisco after a sleepless night on Skid Row?
(b) Take a boat.
(d) A bus.
2. What about the Seattle Times makes Jack sick after returning from the woods?
(a) The sight of so much waste.
(b) The stories of bloodshed.
(c) The smell of ink.
(d) The sounds of the rustling pages.
3. What does Jack call the place where all humanity is born and shall return to?
(a) Heaven's Womb.
(b) Eternal Splendor.
(c) Golden Eternity.
(d) Celestial Kingdom.
4. What does Jack read while he is at his job in Washington?
(a) His old journals.
(b) His own writing.
5. What is Jack supposed to buy in the dream he has in the forest?
(a) Some medical supplies.
(b) A steak.
(c) A house.
(d) A coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Raphael so upset at the brunch?
2. When he wakes up one morning at the cabin, what does Jack think may not be a wise thing for him to do?
3. What does Jack want to "own" before he leaves Washington?
4. Where does Jack go after drinking some wine in his room on Skid Row?
5. What does Jack think he is doomed to as far as love is concerned?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)