|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Part II - Desolation in the World: Chapters 53 - 57 | Book I, Part II - Desolation in the World: Chapters 58 - 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Maya'"mean?
(a) Believing a reality that is not real.
(b) A form of communication that needs no words.
(c) Escaping the world to find one's self.
(d) A religion without a God.
2. What does Jack call the place where all humanity is born and shall return to?
(a) Heaven's Womb.
(b) Celestial Kingdom.
(c) Golden Eternity.
(d) Eternal Splendor.
3. What does Jack do when he first wakes up from the dream he has in the forest?
(a) Writes a letter to his mother.
(b) Calls his brother on the phone.
(c) Goes for a long walk.
(d) Tries to interpret the dream.
4. What does Charlie ask Jack to do as he is getting ready to leave Washington?
(a) Send him a postcard.
(b) Come back next season.
(c) Leave a picture of himself.
(d) Have a drink with him.
5. What is Jack's Solitaire game based on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a mountain that Jack enjoys looking at and pondering?
2. What does Jack do whenever something sad happens to him?
3. What is the first big purchase Jack plans to make with his season's worth of paychecks?
4. Where does Jack learn to roll his own cigarettes?
5. To Jack, the forest service is a metaphor of what?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)