|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Part II - Desolation in the World: Chapters 53 - 57 | Book I, Part II - Desolation in the World: Chapters 58 - 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jack fall in love with while he is on the mountain?
2. Which mountain is hit by a major storm while Jack is on duty in Washington?
(a) Mount Rose.
(b) Mount Baker.
(c) Old Jack.
(d) Mount Hozomeen.
3. How does Jack refer to his inner blackness?
(a) The enemy.
(b) The Truth.
(c) The Other Jack.
(d) The Void.
4. What does Jack do when he first wakes up from the dream he has in the forest?
(a) Tries to interpret the dream.
(b) Goes for a long walk.
(c) Writes a letter to his mother.
(d) Calls his brother on the phone.
5. Why is Jack so void of emotion as he leaves his summer home?
(a) He misses his friends too much.
(b) He does not believe in remorse.
(c) He hated it there.
(d) He has learned all he could.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack read while he is at his job in Washington?
2. What does the shock of lightning remind Jack of?
3. What is the first big purchase Jack plans to make with his season's worth of paychecks?
4. What does Jack do that makes him feel he can longer reside in Heaven?
5. What is Jack's job at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)