|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Part II - Desolation in the World: Chapters 53 - 57 | Book I, Part II - Desolation in the World: Chapters 58 - 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie ask Jack to do as he is getting ready to leave Washington?
(a) Send him a postcard.
(b) Have a drink with him.
(c) Come back next season.
(d) Leave a picture of himself.
2. What does Jack plan to take to San Francisco with him according to his poem about going there?
(a) His books and some cigarettes.
(b) An idea and some gumption.
(c) A sleeping bag and a bottle of wine.
(d) The clothes on his back and a dream in his heart.
3. What is the name of the man who drives the ferry away from the mountain?
4. What does Jack like to invent?
5. What does Jack want to eat more than anything in the world while he is working in the forest in Washington?
(a) Roasted duck.
(b) Filet mignon.
(c) Pea soup.
(d) A taco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a mountain that Jack enjoys looking at and pondering?
2. How many children does Cody have?
3. How much does Pat's sack weigh?
4. What does Jack call the place where all humanity is born and shall return to?
5. What is Jack supposed to buy in the dream he has in the forest?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)