|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Part II - Desolation in the World: Chapters 53 - 57 | Book I, Part II - Desolation in the World: Chapters 58 - 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack's job at the beginning of the book?
(c) Fire lookout.
(d) Forest ranger.
2. What does "Maya'"mean?
(a) A religion without a God.
(b) A form of communication that needs no words.
(c) Believing a reality that is not real.
(d) Escaping the world to find one's self.
3. What is the first thing Jack does when he climbs aboard the ferry?
(a) Kicks his shoes into the water.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Bathes his feet.
(d) Embraces Fred.
4. What college does Jack attend for a little while?
5. What is the only book that Jack has to read while he is in Washington?
(a) The Bible.
(b) God is in all Things.
(c) The God That Failed.
(d) My God, My Country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do whenever something sad happens to him?
2. Which mountain is hit by a major storm while Jack is on duty in Washington?
3. How does Jack refer to his inner blackness?
4. What does Jack plan to take to San Francisco with him according to his poem about going there?
5. When he wakes up one morning at the cabin, what does Jack think may not be a wise thing for him to do?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)