|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Part I - Desolation in Solitude: Chapters 35 - 40 | Book I, Part I - Desolation in Solitude: Chapters 41 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack think he is doomed to as far as love is concerned?
(a) Loving women who love other men.
(b) Loving women who can see through his facade.
(c) Loving women who are too young.
(d) Loving women who hate him.
2. What does Jack do on Sunday mornings while he is working in Washington?
(a) Writes to his mother.
(b) Meets up with Lulu.
(d) Listens to the radio.
3. What does "Maya'"mean?
(a) Believing a reality that is not real.
(b) A form of communication that needs no words.
(c) A religion without a God.
(d) Escaping the world to find one's self.
4. What is the only book that Jack has to read while he is in Washington?
(a) God is in all Things.
(b) The Bible.
(c) My God, My Country.
(d) The God That Failed.
5. Where does Jack learn to roll his own cigarettes?
(a) High school.
(b) The Army.
(d) His grandfather's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack plan to take to San Francisco with him according to his poem about going there?
2. What does Jack's aunt make for dinner every Sunday night when he is a child?
3. What college does Jack attend for a little while?
4. Which mountain is hit by a major storm while Jack is on duty in Washington?
5. What is Jack's Solitaire game based on?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)