|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Part I - Desolation in Solitude: Chapters 35 - 40 | Book I, Part I - Desolation in Solitude: Chapters 41 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which mountain is hit by a major storm while Jack is on duty in Washington?
(a) Mount Hozomeen.
(b) Mount Rose.
(c) Old Jack.
(d) Mount Baker.
2. What does Jack do when he first wakes up from the dream he has in the forest?
(a) Goes for a long walk.
(b) Calls his brother on the phone.
(c) Tries to interpret the dream.
(d) Writes a letter to his mother.
3. What college does Jack attend for a little while?
4. What is Jack's Solitaire game based on?
5. What does Jack do on Sunday mornings while he is working in Washington?
(a) Listens to the radio.
(c) Writes to his mother.
(d) Meets up with Lulu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack looking at when he has his first 'awakening'?
2. What does Jack like to invent?
3. What is Jack supposed to buy in the dream he has in the forest?
4. Which of the following is NOT a mountain that Jack enjoys looking at and pondering?
5. What does the shock of lightning remind Jack of?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)