|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Part III - Passing Through America Again: Chapters 73 - 74.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack's friend in Africa say he needs to purge himself of?
(a) His education.
(b) His love for men.
(c) His addiction to drugs.
(d) His family's shame.
2. What is Jack's nickname for Hubbard?
(a) Old Father Hubbard.
(b) Old Bull.
(c) The Eternal Lover.
(d) The Nude Poet.
3. What does Jack decide he needs when he sees the Greyhound baggage carriers?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A place to stay.
(c) A servant.
(d) A haircut.
4. What about the Seattle Times makes Jack sick after returning from the woods?
(a) The sight of so much waste.
(b) The smell of ink.
(c) The stories of bloodshed.
(d) The sounds of the rustling pages.
5. Why is Hubbard jealous of Simon?
(a) Hubbard loves Irwin.
(b) Jack is better friends with Simon than himself.
(c) Simon is rich.
(d) Simon has been published.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Cody have?
2. What is the first big purchase Jack plans to make with his season's worth of paychecks?
3. What do the Arab Beat teenagers wear in Tangiers?
4. What does Charlie ask Jack to do as he is getting ready to leave Washington?
5. What does Angie tell Jack she fears while they drive away from El Paso?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)