|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Part III - Passing Through America Again: Chapters 73 - 74.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only book that Jack has to read while he is in Washington?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The God That Failed.
(c) My God, My Country.
(d) God is in all Things.
2. What do the Arab Beat teenagers wear in Tangiers?
3. What does Jack want to "own" before he leaves Washington?
(a) The wind.
(b) A forest.
(c) His soul.
(d) A fire.
4. What is the name of the girl who approaches Jack in the Cellar?
5. Why is Jack looked down on when he enters the dining room of the ship he boards?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He smells of marijuana.
(c) He has no money for service tips.
(d) He has ragged clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack decide he needs when he sees the Greyhound baggage carriers?
2. Where does the strange car ride end for the poets?
3. What does Gaines give Lazarus when he falls ill?
4. What does Irwin want Jack to be able to do with his fan mail?
5. What does Jack call his friend, Simon?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)