|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Part II - Desolation in the World: Chapters 69 - 72 | Book I, Part II - Desolation in the World: Chapters 73 - 76.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Jack does when he climbs aboard the ferry?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Kicks his shoes into the water.
(c) Embraces Fred.
(d) Bathes his feet.
2. What does Jack want to "own" before he leaves Washington?
(a) His soul.
(b) A fire.
(c) The wind.
(d) A forest.
3. To Jack, the forest service is a metaphor of what?
(a) Totalitarian governments.
(b) A child with too much responsibility.
(c) The circle of life.
4. What is the first big purchase Jack plans to make with his season's worth of paychecks?
(a) New backpack.
(b) A big dinner.
(c) A pillow.
(d) New shoes.
5. What does "Maya'"mean?
(a) Escaping the world to find one's self.
(b) Believing a reality that is not real.
(c) A religion without a God.
(d) A form of communication that needs no words.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college does Jack attend for a little while?
2. What does Jack's aunt make for dinner every Sunday night when he is a child?
3. What does Jack feed the animals that come to his cabin in Washington?
4. What sight makes Jack excited and eager to believe?
5. What is Fred's main duty?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)