|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Part I - Passing Through Mexico: Chapters 40 - 43 | Book II, Part I - Passing Through Mexico: Chapters 44 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gaines have cabs drop him off a block from his house?
(a) That is where his cab money ran out.
(b) He got confused about which house was his.
(c) He wants to see a movie before going home.
(d) He does not want people to know where he lives.
2. Where does Irwin convince Jack to go while in Mexico?
(a) The college.
(b) A parade.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) A poetry reading.
3. What is the first thing Jack does when he climbs aboard the ferry?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Kicks his shoes into the water.
(c) Bathes his feet.
(d) Embraces Fred.
4. To Jack, the forest service is a metaphor of what?
(a) The circle of life.
(c) Totalitarian governments.
(d) A child with too much responsibility.
5. What about the Seattle Times makes Jack sick after returning from the woods?
(a) The smell of ink.
(b) The stories of bloodshed.
(c) The sight of so much waste.
(d) The sounds of the rustling pages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first big purchase Jack plans to make with his season's worth of paychecks?
2. What does the shock of lightning remind Jack of?
3. What does Jack discuss with the two friends he meets on the street?
4. How much does Pat's sack weigh?
5. What does Jack call his friend, Simon?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)