|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Part I - Passing Through Mexico: Chapters 40 - 43 | Book II, Part I - Passing Through Mexico: Chapters 44 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gaines have cabs drop him off a block from his house?
(a) He wants to see a movie before going home.
(b) He does not want people to know where he lives.
(c) That is where his cab money ran out.
(d) He got confused about which house was his.
2. What does Jack think he is doomed to as far as love is concerned?
(a) Loving women who are too young.
(b) Loving women who love other men.
(c) Loving women who hate him.
(d) Loving women who can see through his facade.
3. Where does Jack's mother live?
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) San Francisco.
4. What does Jack do whenever something sad happens to him?
(a) Drinks tequila.
(b) Writes about it.
(c) Yells ot the heavens.
(d) Takes 'depression walks'.
5. What does Jack call his friend, Simon?
(a) Poetry in motion.
(b) The mad Russian.
(c) A wrteched poet and dreamer.
(d) The Prussian officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack call his friend Irwin?
2. What is the first big purchase Jack plans to make with his season's worth of paychecks?
3. What is Fred's main duty?
4. What does Charlie ask Jack to do as he is getting ready to leave Washington?
5. What does Jack think he looks like while living in Mexico?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)