|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Part I - Passing Through Mexico: Chapters 40 - 43 | Book II, Part I - Passing Through Mexico: Chapters 44 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do whenever something sad happens to him?
(a) Takes 'depression walks'.
(b) Drinks tequila.
(c) Yells ot the heavens.
(d) Writes about it.
2. Why does Ruth ask Jack to move out of her apartment?
(a) She loves Raphael.
(b) She has a contagious disease.
(c) She doesn't need his money anymore.
(d) She has a rash from his presence.
3. What is the first thing Jack does when he climbs aboard the ferry?
(a) Bathes his feet.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Embraces Fred.
(d) Kicks his shoes into the water.
4. What does Jack call his friend, Simon?
(a) The mad Russian.
(b) Poetry in motion.
(c) A wrteched poet and dreamer.
(d) The Prussian officer.
5. Where does Irwin convince Jack to go while in Mexico?
(a) A parade.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) A poetry reading.
(d) The college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine is Jack photographed for?
2. What does Jack do while he sits alone on Gaines's roof?
3. What college does Jack attend for a little while?
4. What is Fred's main duty?
5. What is Simon diagnosed with after his night with a prostitute in Mexico?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)