|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Part I - Passing Through Mexico: Chapters 40 - 43 | Book II, Part I - Passing Through Mexico: Chapters 44 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Raphael need help packing?
(a) He wants to account for all of his possesions.
(b) He is too ill to do it all himself.
(c) He is going to Europe.
(d) He is breaking up with his girl.
2. What does Jack call his friend, Simon?
(a) A wrteched poet and dreamer.
(b) Poetry in motion.
(c) The Prussian officer.
(d) The mad Russian.
3. Where does Jack's mother live?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) Washington D.C.
4. What is Simon diagnosed with after his night with a prostitute in Mexico?
5. How much does Pat's sack weigh?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 150 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Jack, the forest service is a metaphor of what?
2. What is Fred's main duty?
3. What about the Seattle Times makes Jack sick after returning from the woods?
4. What does Jack do whenever something sad happens to him?
5. What does the shock of lightning remind Jack of?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)